Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 02-06-05, 12:38 AM   #1
hope
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to hope
Default Senko

Anyone tell me or point me in the right direction on the best way to tie on a Senko(heard numerous ways) just looking for one that has proven itself. Also what is a good presentation using Yamamoto Senko.
hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-05, 12:55 AM   #2
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich
Default Re: Senko

I rig them one of two ways, like a T-rig:

Except I keep the hook point in the bait rather than Texposed like the picture shows and wacky rigged:

Although I prefer Tiki Sticks over Senkos-more durable and less expensive.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-05, 12:57 AM   #3
TheBassMan
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to TheBassMan

Yeah, i'm with you on the Tikis...I love those things
TheBassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-05, 12:58 AM   #4
OhioBass
BassFishin.Com Active Member

ahhhh,There ok...nothing i'm wild about...I'v missed a couple on them. ;D
OhioBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-05, 01:18 AM   #5
gallenl
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to gallenl

Wacky rig them and set the hook with a sweeping motion while reeling and remember to watch your line.Set the hook if you see the slightest tick in the line.If you feel it , "YOUR LATE ON THE HOOK SET".

FLIPPIN4IT
gallenl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-05, 01:47 AM   #6
Makitcnt4u
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Makitcnt4u

What retrieve should I try with one T rigged and one wacky rigged?
Makitcnt4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-05, 01:51 AM   #7
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1

I like yum dingers. More per pack, last longer, and they have a really easy hookset cause of the notch in them.
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-05, 01:52 AM   #8
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

I dead stick them-cast them out and let them sit. For some reason these things catch a lot if fish when they are sitting still. After they sit awhile I raise the rod tip to 12:00, then reel down the slack and let them settle. Very rarely do I feel a hit-the line just starts tightening up, or it feels heavy when I raise the rod tip. Either way if something doesn't feel right set the hook.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-05, 02:00 AM   #9
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

I feel the hit bascally every time, and I'm using an MH rod. Its just the smallest tap you can imagine, but if it was just sitting there and then you suddenly feel the tiniest thing, its gonna be a hookset.
Old 02-07-05, 08:53 AM   #10
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=flippin4it link=board=MessBoards;num=1107661092;start=0#4 date=02/05/05 at 23:18:50] Wacky rig them and set the hook with a sweeping motion while reeling and remember to watch your line.Set the hook if you see the slightest tick in the line.If you feel it , "YOUR LATE ON THE HOOK SET".

FLIPPIN4IT [/quote]

I assume you are talking about circle hooks here? Otherwise CROSS IT'S EYES. Try some knockoffs, there are a ton of them, and they work well also. I actually like to fish it like a fluke type bait, with twitches periodically. Being they have so much salt in them, they fall faster than most plastics. If you are wacky rigging them use a rubber o-ring to keep from tearing up the bait. Also some of the Pro's Soft Bait Glue works real well at keeping them attached to the hook for longer use, and less cost. Also after a end gets chewd up, just cut it off, and re-use the longer part, still works, just shorter. There are tons of ways to fish them, and as Rebasser said deadsticking can also work. I actually prefer other baits, to the stickbait, and when all else fails, then I throw one out.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-05, 02:39 AM   #11
tbuck
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to tbuck

[quote author=lizardsrule link=board=MessBoards;num=1107661092;start=0#9 date=02/07/05 at 06:53:38]

If you are wacky rigging them use a rubber o-ring to keep from tearing up the bait. Also some of the Pro's Soft Bait Glue works real well at keeping them attached to the hook for longer use, and less cost. Lizards[/quote]

I learned another trick from the Yamamoto Pro Staff last summer at the Classic. They take an old hollow tube and slice them about a quarter of an inch long or more in any color they said, and slide them over the senko you're going to wacky rig. Put your hook through the tube bait piece and touch a smidgeon of PRO's Soft~Bait fishing glue to it and when you miss or catch a fish, the tube is much stronger and wider and won't tear through your bait like a thinner O ring will. Plus a weedless hook works wonders in the summer months for not picking up grass.

Screemin' Reels!

Mike ;D
tbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-05, 09:23 AM   #12
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=Stick-em link=board=MessBoards;num=1107661092;start=0#10 date=02/08/05 at 00:39:38]

I learned another trick from the Yamamoto Pro Staff last summer at the Classic. They take an old hollow tube and slice them about a quarter of an inch long or more in any color they said, and slide them over the senko you're going to wacky rig. Put your hook through the tube bait piece and touch a smidgeon of PRO's Soft~Bait fishing glue to it and when you miss or catch a fish, the tube is much stronger and wider and won't tear through your bait like a thinner O ring will. Plus a weedless hook works wonders in the summer months for not picking up grass.

Screemin' Reels!

Mike ;D
[/quote]

This is why I love this site. I can't tell you how many Senko posts I've read(same o same o). But low and behold here's a new trick I've never heard. Great tip, other than I dislike the weedless hooks with the wire if that's the ones you're reffering to Just my opinion of course. I'm sure you also heard of t-rigging it in the middle, so it's weedless, and also wacky style at the same time, but I prefer it 100% over the weedless wire hooks.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-05, 11:32 AM   #13

[quote author=lizardsrule link=board=MessBoards;num=1107661092;start=0#11 date=02/08/05 at 07:23:12]

This is why I love this site. Â*I can't tell you how many Senko posts I've read(same o same o). Â*But low and behold here's a new trick I've never heard. Â*Great tip, other than I dislike the weedless hooks with the wire if that's the ones you're reffering to Â*Just my opinion of course. Â*I'm sure you also heard of t-rigging it in the middle, so it's weedless, and also wacky style at the same time, but I prefer it 100% over the weedless wire hooks.

Lizards[/quote]

Lizards,
I don't use the wire weedless hook often but their is some heavy veggy gooock here in VA during the summer and it's almost a must.

Another company that makes the wacky rig wth a different twist is: www.kickerbaitfish.com I spoke to their staff and they stated that the unusual looking wacky rig is their top seller....

Screemin' Reels!

Mike ;D
Old 02-08-05, 01:23 PM   #14
tbuck
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to tbuck

[quote author=Mike Rice link=board=MessBoards;num=1107661092;start=0#12 date=02/08/05 at 09:32:42]

Â* Lizards,
I don't use the wire weedless hook often but their is some heavy veggy gooock here in VA during the summer and it's almost a must. Â*

Sorry for not seeing that I wasn't registered at the time of this post and the software will not allow me to edit the incorrect url below.

The proper website is listed and corrected below. A true sign of reversing letters and numbers some days mean less hair on my head I guess... :

Another company that makes the wacky rig wth a different twist is: www.kickerfishbait.com Â*I spoke to their staff and they stated that the unusual looking wacky rig is their top seller....

Screemin' Reels!

Mike Â* ;D [/quote]
tbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-05, 08:01 PM   #15
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Sweet, I found a place where you can get 40 senkos for 10 bucks. ;D
Old 02-08-05, 09:20 PM   #16
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

hula are u talkin about kickerfishbait.com? cause i went on there and didnt see any senkos
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-05, 09:37 PM   #17
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

No, theres this one store that sells them. They get permission from different lure companies to copy their formula and the soft plastic mold. Then they make their own soft-plastics and they sell them only at their one store. You can buy 5 bags for $10. I think they also sel 100 or 120 packs for aout $25. You could also just buy in bulk and get whole crates at a time if you use their stuff a lot I think.
Old 02-08-05, 09:39 PM   #18
Makitcnt4u
BassFishin.Com Member

Do they have a website? Or where are they located?
Old 02-08-05, 09:40 PM   #19
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

No website, and they're in central fl.
Old 02-08-05, 09:43 PM   #20
Makitcnt4u
BassFishin.Com Member

any address or phone #?
Old 02-09-05, 12:55 PM   #21
IL.bassin36
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to IL.bassin36

Ebay has a bunch of senko/senko type baits 50 for $8-10 bids.
IL.bassin36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-05, 07:06 PM   #22
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

hula wheres this place at? i might just have to pay them a visit
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-05, 09:12 PM   #23
flachristopherkeene9
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

here is a good deal on stick baits...I use them as well as Senkos. I would compare Janns brand to a Yum Dinger.. similar mold as well.

But when the bite is tough, I have seen fish swallow a Senko and nothing else...

http://www.jannsnetcraft.com/Items.a...rId=domtrikstk

http://www.jannsnetcraft.com/Details.aspx?itemno=520405 $13.60 per 100

http://www.jannsnetcraft.com/Details.aspx?itemno=520406 $17.40 per 100

http://www.jannsnetcraft.com/Details.aspx?itemno=520407 comes out to $21 per 100

Chip
flachristopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.