Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 05-20-15, 08:21 PM   #1
champman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Champion boat owner tournament

Hey folks, A Champion boat owners tournament will be held Out. 10, 1015 on Table Rock Lake in southern Missouri. If you're interested go the Bass Boat Central.com board in the Champion boat forum for all the details . Look for the TOC thread.
champman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-15, 11:19 AM   #2
mikechell

After buying a Champion ... owners still have money to enter a tournament ???
mikechell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-15, 07:33 AM   #3
champman

Not really sure what you mean by that comment Mikechell, I was just trying to get the information out to anyone interested.
Old 05-22-15, 11:30 AM   #4
mikechell

About 10 years ago, I saw a Champion ... Then, they were one of the most expensive bass boats I'd ever seen. If the price of those have risen like all the others, then they are probably still one of the most expensive on the water.
So, my comment was, if I bought one, I couldn't afford to put it on the water, let alone pay the entry fee for a tournament.
But then, that's how I feel about all bass boats.
I get around just fine on my 14 foot jon boat with a 15 horse Honda on the back. Catch fish in places you can't take one of those boats that cost as much as my house.
Old 05-22-15, 02:24 PM   #5
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I didn't understand the comment either but It really is simple... If you can afford to own a Champion, or any glass bass boat for that matter, a truck to tow it, fill both with gas and have the rod locker stocked with 18+ rods, and carry enough tackle to fill a couple tables at the local flea market, then tournament fees are chump change. I did that for years, and tournament fees were a very minor part of the costs incurred fishing tournaments or just getting out to do some recreational fishing. It is also true that depending on the water there are places a bassboat can get to that a small boat cannot, at least safely. Bottom line, whatever way you choose to fish looking down your nose at someone who does it differently is in pretty poor taste as are critical comments.

Many bass boat manufacturers hold "owners tournaments". Basscat and Triton are two I know of. They are held to get owners together to fish, talk about boats in which they share common interests, and some have factory reps on hand to answer questions and present what will be available the following year. They are an opportunity for the owners, not just a fishing tournament. They would almost compare, from a social perspective, to the rallys or get togethers held by members from forums like this one, or the ones at Bass Boat Central.

Those days are over for me, I no longer own a boat or truck to haul it. I now fish from a kayak, it is far more economical, I get some exercise and can fish areas I could not take my boat. I do miss the ability to fish over wide areas and relocate quickly but it is a much more relaxed pace now.

Last edited by bassboogieman; 05-22-15 at 02:40 PM.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-15, 03:08 PM   #6
mikechell

Well, let me make two things clear.
1) My first comment was meant to be taken as a joke. If you can't take it as a joke, then you are too far in debt with your boat, and you know it.
2) There was nothing about either comment that inferred I was "looking down my nose" at any other's choice of fishing method. This is a bass FISHING site, not a bass BOATING site.
I feel that bass boats and the gear that goes on them are extremely over priced. I make pretty good money at my job. Our house is paid off, as is the land next to it and both of our cars. Yet, I know I will never be able to justify the cost of a bass boat. When I get too old to move around in my jon boat, I'll have to give up fishing. It's just a fact of life I know will come one day.
Old 05-22-15, 03:48 PM   #7
champman

Wink It's all good!

I can take a joke as well as anyone, I spent more time sitting next to the teacher's desk than looking at it, and I assumed you were poking fun. I just thought the joke was that a Champion cost well more than any other bass boat, and since Champions haven't been produced since 2010 I didn't catch it. I absolutely did not mean to rub anyone the wrong way, and for that I am truly, truly sorry. But......... if you do know anyone with one of them there high priced Champions, tell them about the tournament anyway.
Old 05-23-15, 03:07 AM   #8
mikechell

We're cool then. Same apology offered to you and Boogieman ... If I offended, it was not intentional.
Old 05-23-15, 03:09 PM   #9
bassboogieman

I am as guilty as anyone at making jokes, some pretty sarcastic at times, but I always use the smilely or eyeroll emoticon to make it clear when I do. I totally missed the joke. I appoligize for my misunderstanding the coment and if you're OK then we are all good once more.
Old 05-23-15, 07:17 PM   #10
bcklash

Hey Bruce I shoulda bought your boat, but after me and my old Dyna Trak beat you to your fishing spot on Dale Hollow, I decided I didn't want that slow Triton!!!! But then After watching y'all catching all them fish on topwater I figured it wasn't the boat it was you could plain out fish my big azz!!!!
Old 05-23-15, 09:36 PM   #11
bassboogieman

seems to me, if I remember corectly, you guys left the dock 20 minutes before we did, and it was only 3 miles. One thing for sure... you beat us to the WRONG side of the creek.
Old 05-23-15, 10:24 PM   #12
bcklash

I think it was an hr and 20 min. and still barely beat y'all there!!!
Old 05-29-15, 07:40 PM   #13
Thornback

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikechell View Post
After buying a Champion ... owners still have money to enter a tournament ???
That was a joke. Everyone lighten up and let's have some fun, maybe even a little smack talk is good. You should hear me and my fishing buddies. Example: If a fishing buddy catches the first bass I always say, "I'm happy for you that you got the first bass, you pr*ck". They laugh like crazy. If I catch the first bass they will say, "You're a lucky sumbi*ch." And I giggle like a girl.
Thornback is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.