Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bass Classifieds

Old 06-07-05, 12:16 AM   #1
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default 6'' all black jitterbug

im lookin for a 6'' all black jitterbug. do i need to get one custom made? if not, where is a store i can buy one? basspro doesnt even have them.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-05, 12:29 AM   #2
madmarty
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to madmarty
Default Re: 6'' all black jitterbug

Someone once made me a wooden one but it wasn't quite 6" maybe 4". I painted it black thinking it would be perfect for night fishing. But the spoon didn't have the same angle as the origional jitterbug. I didn't like the action it had or the sounds it made. I don't even know where it is now.
madmarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-05, 12:47 AM   #3
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

ya, if i have to get it custom im goin with rob or chip, i know they will set me up good. i have alot of big bass to get these summer nights. 8)
Old 06-07-05, 01:28 AM   #4
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

Just buy the Muskie one, and Paint it Black

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-05, 01:31 AM   #5
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

ya, but we do not have musky lures down here...we dont have musky ;D i guess i could order one...but im leenin more to custom, that way i dont screw it up tryin to paint it now i have a whole new dilema....who to choose? robby or chip.......
Old 06-07-05, 08:15 AM   #6
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...rTarget=browse

This is what I'm talking about. As for messing it up, well I wouldn't worry about it. I paint then all FLAT black, with any paint I can find, usually in the automotive section. It will get banged up anyway As for Rob or Chip, might as well forget about Chip unless you want to wait a long time. He's covered up with stuff as it is. I'm telling you that Jitterbug above will work just fine. They sell them at several places around here, even Dick's has them

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-05, 09:35 AM   #7
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassNva

listen to the grasshopper...get a muskie jitterbug and paint it flat black..hooks,everything,all black.
or go waste money on a custom bait that may or may not work as good.
my ex wife was like that,,,if there were 2 exact things for sale...i mean EXACTLY,and one cost more...that's the one she had to have.if it cost more it MUST be better.
sure glad we parted company..she was an a**.
maybe you can find a lucky craft bait like a jitterbug,pay almost $30 for it and maybe it'll work.. ;D
BassNva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-05, 03:20 PM   #8
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

first ya got to sand all the original paint off, then paint it, then put a coat of epoxy on...sounds easy, but really isnt...in the end im gunna pay what is it....6-7 bucks for rob to do it....or almost 6 bucks to get one from bps that is a different color. in the end i will be paying more for the one from bps. plus, rob can set me up with a 6'' one like i want 8)
Old 06-07-05, 09:54 PM   #9
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassNva

no...take it out of the plastic and spray it flat black...couldn't be any simpler.....just spray it black,no sand,no epoxy....jeez!

never mind...go spend a lot of money..you're rich i guess
BassNva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-05, 11:14 PM   #10
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

well, either way, i spend $6 for that one, then paint it.....or spend $7 on one rob can make me, that is 6'' other then 4''. sounds like for an extra dollar, i will go with rob, plus, i like to give the guys on here bussinness. well actually it all depends....a lure from rob is $7 or so, but i dont know if this ''one'' will cost more. so if it is $7, i'll go with rob, if its more, i'll paint it.
Old 06-16-05, 01:56 AM   #11
sabass
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to sabass

[quote author=bassfisher02 link=board=Classifieds;num=1118114211;start=0#7 date=06/07/05 at 14:20:41]first ya got to sand all the original paint off, then paint it, then put a coat of epoxy on...sounds easy, but really isnt...in the end im gunna pay what is it....6-7 bucks for rob to do it....or almost 6 bucks to get one from bps that is a different color. in the end i will be paying more for the one from bps. plus, rob can set me up with a 6'' one like i want 8) [/quote]

it's a fishing lure, don't worry about sanding and epoxy and all that garbage. just break out the rattlecan and start spraying. you'll lose that lure in some lilly pads long before the paint starts coming off from not sanding the lure down first.
sabass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-05, 02:44 PM   #12
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

i got it handled now......im makin a trade with powerbass......tikidipstiks for the 6'' all black jitterbug....then im gunna spray paint the hooks and spoon area......im just worried about the scent comin off from the spraypaint :-/ i can rub it in lake bottom sand but i dont know if that will get the spray paint scent off....and regular scents wont do much good since its a hard plastic......
Old 06-16-05, 04:28 PM   #13
randerson52
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to randerson52

Going to the tackle shop tommorow night to see if they still have any left. Ill let you know BF02.
randerson52 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.