Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 09-04-07, 12:24 PM   #1
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default help organizing a benefit tourney.

this may be a little lengthy but please read. my cousins wife who happens to be the sweetest person you could ever ask to meet has been a diabetic since an early age. a few years back she was added to a donor list, and after a few years of constant worry and some of the worst luck you could ever imagine she recieved a kidney and pancreas transplant. afterwards she battled through what i would assume to be normal hurdles for someone in that situation, one big setback that i won't go into but it was simply negligence on the part of the hospital, after several months of driving to st. louis on a regular basis for check ups and doctor visits, she got back on her feet for the most part. then her employer decided that they could do without her and laid her off. now she was on my cousins insuriance through his work, but the hospital kept waiting to send out any kind of bills for some reason. in the mean time their insuriance company folded belly up and of course their new insuriance is refusing to pay for this, and you can only imagine what kind of bills this must be. so now they were living on my cousins paychecks, and just the other day he had to have an emergency surgery on his colon and he can't work for atleast 90 days. their short term disability won't kick in until after 90 days so that means no money coming in at all. imagine trying to explain this whole story everytime someone calls wanting to know where your truck payment or house payment is at. the reason for this long story is, i am wanting to have a benefit bass tourney to kinda help relieve some of their stress. nothing is set in stone but at this point i am leaning towards having it somewhere on table rock. i was just thinking that maybe some people here would have an idea of places that might donate gifts. already hit the local sporting goods stores but thinking that someone on here might have some other ideas. thanks!
Old 09-04-07, 01:59 PM   #2
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

We usually have a 50/50 drawing at work and bake sales...if you could find some one to donate tickets I think you could raise some money with a 50/50 drawling, like a buck a ticket or 6 for 5 bucks...we have see drawlings at work (500 ppl) go from anywhere from 6-800 bucks, it may be a start..you may also want to see your countys red cross for aid, I used to be a soliciter for redcross and united way, and have seen people get help that way.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.