Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 09-11-11, 01:38 PM   #1
joedog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Ok sportsman

Whats the difference between a hunter and a fisherman?..........A hunter lies and waits, A fisherman waits and lies. As always my apologies in advance to anyone I may offend! Have the very best Sunday you possible can!
joedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-11, 01:56 PM   #2
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

haha, thats a good one.
Old 09-11-11, 02:36 PM   #3
Fish30114
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Well....killing as opposed to catching with hunting--and catching and maybe killing, with fishing--as an end result, spring to mind. Hunting is certainly has more finality to it than fishing, and when it comes to big game hunting at least, when it's over it's over, no 'one more cast' so to speak.

For most hunting--obviously there are exceptions like Alligators and some others--,but hunting is typically for warm blooded animals--maybe that's a true significant distinction.

I find it a lot easier to find similarities to hunting as opposed to differences, but heck, get out there and do either as far as I'm concerned!
Fish30114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-11, 03:50 PM   #4
joedog

I just want everyone to know, read this some where and it's meant to be comical not a statement of truth or untruth ( is that a word?) or my beliefs ..........Enjoy all.
Old 09-11-11, 04:39 PM   #5
kennethdaysale

Default smell my fingers

I like comical......check this true story. Back in '76 or'77 after an exceptional night of Bass fishing I swing through the McD's drive thru to get a biscuit about 7am. While I'm waiting at the order window to give my order a buddy drives around on my right...sticks his head out the window and hollers " ya do any good?" "35" I hollers back......"LIAR" he yells (at the EXACT moment the girl is about to ask for my order){pre-headphone era...entire McDonalds hears as I yell} "H*** YES I DID ...BEEN AT IT FOR THE LAST 7 HOURS... IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME COME OVER HERE AND SMELL MY FINGERS!!!!!"
When I get to the pick-up window the poor girl is beet red and everyones looking and laughing and pointing and I'm clueless.
Old 09-11-11, 05:37 PM   #6
joedog

I love that story!
Old 09-11-11, 09:42 PM   #7
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

kenneth.....now DAT IS FUNNY!!!!
Old 09-12-11, 01:30 AM   #8
C DUDE
BassFishin.Com Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethdaysale View Post
i like comical......check this true story. Back in '76 or'77 after an exceptional night of bass fishing i swing through the mcd's drive thru to get a biscuit about 7am. While i'm waiting at the order window to give my order a buddy drives around on my right...sticks his head out the window and hollers " ya do any good?" "35" i hollers back......"liar" he yells (at the exact moment the girl is about to ask for my order){pre-headphone era...entire mcdonalds hears as i yell} "h*** yes i did ...been at it for the last 7 hours... If you don't believe me come over here and smell my fingers!!!!!"
When i get to the pick-up window the poor girl is beet red and everyones looking and laughing and pointing and i'm clueless.
rofl-copter!!!!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.