Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-06, 08:53 PM   #26
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebbasser View Post
I stand corrected
ohh fly farter they stop being "miss" after they hit 18 hoss then they are a miz plug..

you turn to stand corrected

edicate 101 by
master zooker

Old 11-26-06, 01:21 PM   #27
bassnman30
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Zooker called me the other night and asked about the bannanas. I told him what I thought. The statement was fine but the idea was no way. You should tell your partner that no bannanas allowed before getting on the boat. Bad luck.
Old 11-26-06, 04:10 PM   #28
zooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassnman30 View Post
You should tell your partner that no bannanas allowed before getting on the boat. Bad luck.
first off bassnman i told this guy in a public fishing chat room with over 50 poeple in it NO FRIKIN BANANNAS the week prior to fishing with him.. with 50+ witness i figured i would not have a problem.. now he is literally known as nanner mike on 4 forums. i am currantly tring to get the adminastars on said forums to lock a nanner picture in his avatar..

call it pay back

zooker
Old 11-26-06, 10:57 PM   #29
FlyRod

Exclamation

Nanners or no nanners, the fish don't give a fig.
Now FIGS? Not in any boat I'm in!!!
I'm kinda leery of guavas, kumquats, and durian fruit (if you EVER smelled one, you'd run away at the sight of one!) so much as I am of the figs.
On the other hand, I feel that several mangos, scattered among the storage compartments, actually do increase one's chances for angling success.
Guys, these superstitions can only harm your fishing if YOU choose to let them.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I've gotta call the guy next door and ask him to come check under my bed for monsters before I go nighty-night.

LF

Last edited by FlyRod; 11-26-06 at 11:03 PM.
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-06, 06:36 PM   #30
JB

flyrod,
speaking of mangos, my uncle charlie is in the inport and export business and has he got a deal for you! Seems his oriental mailorderbride biz is really hoppin' and he's located a "match" for you that just happens to luv mangos...
future fishin partner *rink*
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-06, 07:07 PM   #31
WIbassfisherman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I only have gotten upset at my fishing partner when team tourney fishing and I had the back of the boat. Sometimes he gets stuck on fishing "spots" rather than finding active fish and hitting them. If they're not active (yet) or not marking I'm out of there. Gotta understand that if you found them in prefishing and conditions have changed (wind, wind direction, light conditions, clarity, water temp. etc.) you have to change as well.
Old 11-27-06, 07:23 PM   #32
zooker

eww jb now your starting to freak even me out with your drag queens..

note to self: need to ship fly farter a CRATE of jumbo amazon figs for christmas..

zooker
Old 11-27-06, 07:59 PM   #33
jooleyen

Send a message via AIM to jooleyen

I haven't caught a bass in 2 months. Then I go to a good lake and finally catch one. A minute later my cousin catches one. Then another minute goes by and my dad says we're gonna go across the lake for some northerns. Then he whines that he got skunked.
jooleyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-06, 08:48 PM   #34
Captmikestarrett

Default Fishing Partners

Well my fishing partner got to have his life insurance paid up. I have one good partner with whom I have had many adventures.. Many many adventures.. I have about three other people I like to fish with as well. The rest I charge money to guide them. I can not turn off my guiding when I am out with my fishing (research) partners. So they like the trips and jump at the opportunity to go out. I have two requirements for any body doing research with me.

1. If you say your going then be there.. No last minute cop outs..
2. Be early or at least on time..

If you fish with me I will give you my rod and my lunch bag if it helps you catch fish.

In my tourny days stamina to survive my non stop style of fishing would be needed. Now I am a lot more laid back. I have never been upset at a fishing partner and if he or she pisses me off,, there phone rings a lot less.

Capt Mike
Old 11-27-06, 08:53 PM   #35
FlyRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker View Post

note to self: need to ship fly farter a CRATE of jumbo amazon figs for christmas..

zooker
(Well, that's working according to plan.)
Did I mention I have a morbid fear of Tanqueray Ten gin, fine cigars, Omaha filet mignon (8 oz or larger), and whole Maine lobsters. Get to shopping!

FR
Old 11-27-06, 11:23 PM   #36
Rebbasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker View Post

zooker

Don't you dare, Zooker! Spending several hours in a boat with him after he loads up on those could be, well.........

Fido(inside joke)
Old 11-28-06, 07:34 AM   #37
FlyRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebbasser View Post
Don't you dare, Zooker! Spending several hours in a boat with him after he loads up on those could be, well.........

Fido(inside joke)
Turn the bow downwind, chum...Mwaaaahahahahahahahaha!

FR
Old 11-28-06, 08:10 AM   #38
JB

Gassey!
flyrod, i see you enjoy the finer things in life...good show ol' bean!
Old 11-28-06, 08:54 AM   #39
1FASTLASER

I have at times before I learned to control the redneck anger really gotten PO'd by the feller in the boat. I personally witnessed my co-angler in a tourney beat a GLoomis into fragments over loosing a respectable fish,not huge but a goodun then the fella decides to continouisly cast to the front keeping me from being able to pitch the jig to the structure we where fishing. After making a comment bout hey bud fish out the side or get up here with me he proceeds to tell me its his rod and reel he will fish the way he wants to. I wont type in what happened next but I assure you it wrent pretty. The REDNECK came out in me
Old 11-28-06, 03:21 PM   #40
Raul

How about you locating a hot spot, after you catching 14 fish in less than an hour from a key structural feature you can "milk" all day long and catch fish your partner ( who has caught nothing in the same hour ) tells you: " Let´s move to the place where we fished yesterday ".........on the other side of a pretty darn big lake ?

For over two decades we have fished together in one ocassion or the other, 20+ friggin´ years and he still thinks there´s another spot in the lake where the fish are striking bare hooks.
Raul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-06, 03:54 PM   #41
JB

man that ones sounds too familiar raul...good pt.
Old 11-28-06, 10:47 PM   #42
Rodman_Rob

yeah, occasionally i get pissed at a fishing partner, like that one time he left the anchor down while we were going to the next hole. he kept looking at me like it was my fat azz slowing the boat down........sound familar lizards, lol. how that anchor didn't get caught on a tree and/or stump......seems impossible.

actually I don't fish with others very often, most of the my close friends don't care to fish, boat only has one seat, and many are just too scared to go down the forest trails that take me to my favorite fishing holes.

I guess my biggest gripe with fishing is not getting out enough with my dad. we used to go fishing every weekend when i was in my young teens. I enjoyed it, but he wanted to go every weekend....often times while I was wanting to do something else so I sort of resented going at times. I wasn't as much of a fishing nut as i am now. now that he's getting older and health going downhill, I resent not enjoying the times we spent back then. course now when i get him out i savor every minute. now that I think about it, he's never caught a 10lbs bass and I sure would like to see it happen, maybe I'll try to rent a boat or start saving a little more aggresivly to buy a bass boat to get him out on rodman more often. sorry for the ot, but this post just got me thinking.
Old 11-29-06, 01:54 PM   #43
Raul

The water is gin clear, the lake looks like glass, the fish are super spooky and line shy, there you are with your TM at the slowest speed possible preparing to launch a sneak attack approaching a very fishy and very promising spot, you tell your partner whispering trying to make the less amount of noise: lower de anchor

You partner stands up, grabs the anchor and............tosses it to the very fishy and very promising spot like if he was throwing a thousand pound dang cow in the water.

How come everytime when faced in the same situation my compadre ALWAYS does the same thing.

PATIENCE is a virtue. Too bad murder is punished by the law.
Raul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-06, 06:29 PM   #44
JB

I have a problem with guys in my aluminum john boat banging against the sides of doing the same loud banging with a anchor, it gripes me in shallow water when you're trying to sneak up on some bass....
Old 11-29-06, 09:56 PM   #45
zooker

anchor?? what type of fish you catching on dat??

zooker
Old 11-29-06, 10:23 PM   #46
skeeter944

lmao at zooker!
skeeter944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-06, 07:53 AM   #47
JB

zooke,
it gets a lil crazy out thar sometime rofl
Old 12-02-06, 12:55 AM   #48
3dkicker

C'mon Zook, an anchor is cover on my home lake. Barren dust bowl if the water was ever drained. Toss one in and the fish show up.

I've fished many tournaments and have been front ended by some of the best. I'm fortunate that I don't have a bad temper. One tournament I got to fish the mud the pro churned up all day with the TM and I spent half the day pushing off dock pilings as he attempted to rub the "wrap" off the side of his boat. Then he wouldn't tell me the name of the crankbait company he was sponsered by. He only shook off 14-16lbs that day on the custom crankbait. Did I mention that I was only one place from making the cut? Yep, 11th place out of 164 at the time. Ended up 22nd with one fish that day. I'm amazed that I caught that fish.
I could go on but I'm sure I've ticked people off too. But my belief is that when I'm up front and if I put my partner on fish then I'm going to have a great day. So far I haven't been wrong. I've had some great days on the water when my partners have done really well.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.