Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-07, 08:38 PM   #1
Jackl
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Grand Lake

If anyone is thinking about fishing Grand Lake in Oklahoma. forget it. They have closed the outlet gates due to flooding of the lakes downstream and Grand Lake is 9 ft above pool stage. The Neosho river is in flood stage and pouring mud and debris into the East end of Grand and carrying all the brush and whole trees into the lake. It is not much fun to try to get anywhere at 15 or 20 mph and having to be on the lookout for limbs, debris and logs. One of the big problems is that some of the logs are water logged and are floating just under the surface of the water. I would have hit one about 15 ft long and about 18 inches across if I had not seen a couple gulls sitting on one of the limbs that was sticking out of the water. That is one dangerous lake right now. With all the mud in the water, the fishing is not good enough to take the risk.

JackL
Old 04-19-07, 10:40 PM   #2
hackattack
BassFishin.Com Active Member

shoot...i wonder what B.A.S.S. will do for their tourneys there.
hackattack is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.