Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 12-17-04, 01:39 PM   #1
zooker___________.
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zooker___________.
Default spinnerbait  storage

I use a tackle bag. The spinnerbaits are taking up a whole tray and dont really fit anyway much, any tips for storage would help alot. Going to BPS in NC on the 2nd need the room!
zooker___________. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-04, 01:51 PM   #2
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich
Default Re: spinnerbait Â*storage

I use a binder, but do not use the rings that come with it. I use the bags that come with it-put the spinnerbaits in the bags and stuff them in the binder. Takes up a lot less room and you can put quite a few baits in each binder.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-04, 01:55 PM   #3
gonefishy2002
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to gonefishy2002

I use a tackle bag as well and had the same problem. I don't really like the binder type and the s/b boxes that come in the tackle bags i thought took up too much room so I just broke down and bought a seperate "jingle box" as I call it . A small hanging bait box. Sure, it's another box to keep up with and store in you partners boat if you are a non boater, but I like the organization and convenience of a hanging bait box and I am not aware of a tackle bag solution that offers me this. If you don't get a super huge one, (i have a small flambeau model) it's not that much trouble and worth it IMHO.
gonefishy2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-04, 04:01 PM   #4
james33
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to james33

I use the binder also. It seems like they hold quite a few baits and really saves room. I use the rings though, and I also use the rings to hang the binder outside my bag.
james33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-04, 04:07 PM   #5
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Good point. IL-while I don't use the rings for the bags I do use them as a handle on the outside of the binder.
Old 12-17-04, 07:26 PM   #6
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

i use a falcon box with 4 snaps which i really like.

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-04, 10:37 PM   #7
zooker___________.
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zooker___________.

what kind of binder? like a school binder?Ill prob see it at BPS?
zooker___________. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-04, 12:04 AM   #8
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Like this one, wv:

They come with rings and tabs you can attach to the bags and it is a lot like a school binder. I just use the bags-I find using the rings cuts down on the amount of spinnerbaits I can put in it.
Old 12-18-04, 03:38 AM   #9
RebelBasser
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to RebelBasser

You can buy a product called the "Bait Bar" that mounts on the under side of a storage lid in your boat. After seeing one at our local Ranger dealer I made one instead.

All you need is a piece of 1" aluminum angle cut to whatever length you want. Drill 3/16" holes evenly spaced the length of the bar. You hang the baits upside down by their hooks. I have mounted several to my rod box lid for both spinnerbaits and jigs.

I don't know how to add a picture to my posts but you can go to www.rangerboats.com and look under accessories at one. To find accessories look under "more info" at the top of the page.
RebelBasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-04, 11:37 AM   #10
Worm_King
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Worm_King

This is what I store mine in. Â*Not sure it's the best solution but it takes up a lot less room than one of those vertical storage boxes for spinnerbaits. Â*I get these from one of my implant reps at work for pacemakers. Â*He gives them to me after they implant a device. Â*If anyone's interested I can probably get you some as I get them. Â*Just keep in mind that it's taken a while to get the ones that I have so it won't happen overnight.

This tackle bag is going to hold my go to baits once I get a bigger tackle bag and more lures. Â*The boxes fit real nice in the bag.
Worm_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-04, 01:21 PM   #11
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver
Default Re: spinnerbait  storage

[quote author=Strap link=board=news;num=1103301561;start=0#9 date=12/18/04 at 09:37:07]This is what I store mine in. Not sure it's the best solution but it takes up a lot less room than one of those vertical storage boxes for spinnerbaits. I get these from one of my implant reps at work for pacemakers. He gives them to me after they implant a device. If anyone's interested I can probably get you some as I get them. Just keep in mind that it's taken a while to get the ones that I have so it won't happen overnight.

This tackle bag is going to hold my go to baits once I get a bigger tackle bag and more lures. The boxes fit real nice in the bag.[/quote]

1. I don't see any picture at all ???

2. I know that the wife told you, that you'd NEVER has as much fishing tackle/gear as I do, so why all the tackle storage stuff LMAO ;D Sneaky are we

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-04, 03:37 PM   #12
randerson52
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to randerson52

making your own spinnerbait binder_

get ziploc freezer bags, the big ones, get a hole puncher. Then, use something to reinforce the holes, then put them in a 1 inch or however big of a binder you want use. then fill the bags up to your happiest extent
randerson52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-04, 12:31 AM   #13
Worm_King
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Worm_King

[quote author=lizardsrule link=board=news;num=1103301561;start=0#10 date=12/18/04 at 11:21:42]

1. Â*I don't see any picture at all ???

2. Â*I know that the wife told you, that you'd NEVER has as much fishing tackle/gear as I do, so why all the tackle storage stuff LMAO ;D Â*Sneaky are we

Lizards[/quote]
I even followed Cajuns instructions and I still can't get it to work. Â*Tried it two different ways so I'm giving up I think. Â*I'll try again later. Make it 20 different ways now and I officially give up.

I think my wife was right about never having as much fishing/tackle gear as you but if I can have half of what you have I'll be in really good shape for a while. ;D Â*Plus those soft plastics and stuff really add up when your buying a couple bags or whatever a week. Â*She doesn't miss a couple of bucks here and there. Â*Now if I spent a couple of hundred in one shot then I'd be knocking on your door for a place to stay. Â*LOL.
Worm_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-04, 11:15 PM   #14
RebelBasser
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to RebelBasser

This is a picture of the Bait Bar.

RebelBasser is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.