Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 09-05-04, 02:00 PM   #1
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

Default finesse fishing...

basicly finesse bass fishing, is any time you down size to catch fish. for example i use alot of 4" worms, a rocket shad,a 2" wild eye bait,a lil george, or even a mini grubbing zooker-grins evilly-.yes they will work. yes i have caught large bass on them. and yes they catch other fish-crappie, brim, cat fish,wipers,ect. the whole idea is to use a bait that is not going to intimadate the bass. to work it slowly and throughly in an area. when the bite is off .to win a tourny it just takes catching "A" fish nothing more.
i have made a dozen cast to a single fallen tree to caught a single bass. the bass strike zones are less than Â*6" at times. when in the fits of bass lock jaw don't quite down size.
i use 4 differant rod set ups
a ml 6' spinning rod with 12 pound enevy green ande line
a 6' mh spinning rod with 12 pound clear ande line
and a 7 'light spinning rod with 8 pound pink ande line.
and a 6.5' casting rod ml with -i am a shamed to amite-a shimono reel and 12 pound backcountry ande line. i have found that when the bite is off these are what i need to catch fish..

zooker

Â*

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-04, 02:21 PM   #2
mallard
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mallard
Default Re: finesse fishing...

Yes a lot of times if you keep casting to the same spot and slowly bring it past you can "convince" the fish to hit it.

The trick is to find the balance. Sometimes in clear water you can SEE the bass sitting there! After about 5 casts of them doing nothing, my friend decided to bonk him in the head with the lure. No reaction!

I guess when you hit the fish in the head and they still won't pay attention, it's time to move on. :-/ ;D
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-04, 02:35 PM   #3
bearpaw
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bearpaw

Zooker,
Why are you still using that Andi line ?
You should by now know that Stren flourocarbon is the line that you should use !!
Granted, I have several spools of Andi, yes I used to use it till I found something with a little less memory, and little visibilty, in Badin I'd think thats what you wanted.

I know I just opened my self up to comments / complaints, so ya'll just go ahead !!!
bearpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-04, 06:54 PM   #4
uk03
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to uk03

Slider 4" worms, Kalin 3" Grubs = Finess!
uk03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-04, 08:11 PM   #5
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

bassman
i never said i did not use stren florocarbon i have good feel nearly invisable in badin. but what you did not hear me state was my finesse rod has envy green ande spooled on it for a reason. i can see it that is why.

i have never had a fish spook at it yet...

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-04, 02:03 AM   #6
zooker___________.
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zooker___________.
Default Re: zook and bassnman

Now Im a rookie let that be known, but that best line on the market for a spinning reel is Trilene XL low vis green!!! 6-8lbs test. 14 pound test? what fun is it watching the fish water ski to to boat when you DRAG him in? lol. Â*Anyway Mean Green Trilene is hard to see, I get less tangles and I find with the XL I get at least an extra 10ft casting distance! Now it does fray easy so change you line a little more often but its cheap too! Â*If your a Bait Caster type of go with the XT. I live in WV though Largemouth Bass up here rarely reach 7lbs the state record is only 12.28 thats bait for you boys down south. lol .
zooker___________. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-04, 02:10 AM   #7
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

wv, the only mono I use is green Trilene XL-12lb on baitcasters and 8 or 10lb on spinning reels. It all comes down to two things: Confidence in the line and personal preference.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.