Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 08-16-04, 11:29 AM   #1
Slayem9
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Slayem9
Default What is a bad fishing partner to you.

From your experience, what has made trips with certain types, the kind you just as soon forget and to always have an excuse to avoid letting that person on your boat, ever again!

Sam
Slayem9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-04, 11:44 AM   #2
catfishtonyd
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to catfishtonyd
Default Re: What is a bad fishing partner to you.

About the only thing that comes to mind is one who drinks too much. That's why my boats are "dry".
catfishtonyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-04, 12:32 PM   #3
bassfisher14
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I once went bottom fishing with a guy that wouldn't keep his line in the water for 2 minutes without reeling becasue he wasn't getting any bites. He also compained the entire time that we needed to move because the fish weren't hitting his hook as soon as he casted it in. He will never be on my boat again.
bassfisher14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-04, 01:04 PM   #4
bearpaw
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bearpaw

Fished with a guy once who stated that the fish weren't biting lets go home. The only problem was that we had only been on the water for 45 mins.
It took us 30 mins. to get to the lake !
bearpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-04, 01:13 PM   #5
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassNva

the worst are the guys without sea legs...all that boat rocking drives me crazy..then there's the ones that get a worm snagged and want me to spend 15 minutes jockeying the boat around to get it,without hitting boats,docks,rocks or trees.i tell them,break off,i'll give you a hook,weight and worm.jeez!
last but not least is the guy that shows up with NO COFFEE!!!!

davew is not one of the above,except for the coffee thing lmao,,,jk
BassNva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-04, 01:21 PM   #6
bassfisher14
BassFishin.Com Active Member

[quote author=bassintom link=board=news;num=1092666544;start=0#4 date=08/16/04 at 12:13:36]then there's the ones that get a worm snagged and want me to spend 15 minutes jockeying the boat around to get it,without hitting boats,docks,rocks or trees.i tell them,break off,i'll give you a hook,weight and worm.jeez![/quote]

Now, if it is an expensive lure, I'll go get it. But a worm?? Heck no!!!!
bassfisher14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-04, 01:46 PM   #7
mallard
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mallard

Someone who capsizes the canoe!

Every person for themselves!
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-04, 02:35 PM   #8
catfishtonyd
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to catfishtonyd

You sound like my wife Tom. You better not even THINK about going fishing without at least three bottles of coffee. Doesn't matter how hot it is. 100 degrees and she's drinking coffee.
catfishtonyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-04, 03:30 PM   #9
Frank_Eagles
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Frank_Eagles

People who make excuses- "I would of had him, but he didn't bite the bait right" ;D
Frank_Eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-04, 03:36 PM   #10
fredhatch
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fredhatch

First time: broken steering line- 3 thunderstorms on Lake O
second: He locked the keys in my truck on the ramp.
third: Not a cloud in sight, put the boat in and had a monsoon come through.
fourth: not a chance
fredhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-04, 04:52 PM   #11
Slayem9
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Slayem9

Here's the reasons I dumped a neighbor who I took under my wing a few years ago and took him fishing many times. Now I wave as I drive my bass boat past his house. ;D

1. Eats my snacks and drink and usually forgets to bring his own. (I can't eat in front of someone and not offer.) >

2. Complained when I caught fish and he couldn't buy a strike. :'( (Not .. My... Problem!!) >

3. Never offered to help cover the boat , hook batteries to rechargers, clean up his crap in the bottom of the boat and anything else required to get the boat ready for the next trip after an outing.

4. Accepted the use of my lures (after I felt sympathy for his inability to draw a strike), but rarely offered me a few of his new ones.

5. Never offered to pay for boat or truck gas after many outings. (He, to this day, doesn't own a boat or canoe.) This was especially a big thorn in my craw, when we went 200 miles away to a house, a bunch of us rented, on a large lake, using my boat and my truck for 6 days.
He never even offered to drive us to wading spots I revealed to him and fished. >

6. Complained when I was not ready to leave for the lake, from home. (I take my time and play with ideas in my tackle-storage area, of things I might need or like to try. It's my time, my lake, my membership, my gas (plus a slew of other expenses) and my schedule!) >

7. Would try to second guess me about info I freely offered (similar to what I post here) while fishing. If something I related in the past seemed contradictory to my present techniques, I'd hear about it sarcastically. (I only offer words of wisdom, I don't necessarily always follow them!
Someone who sucks the knowledge out you brain and offers little in return, is like posting on a site no one ever visits.

8. When sharing S&H on tackle mail orders, he would pinch every penny to insure the cost was split 50-50 and complain to me that what he ordered, was different in the catalog. (I'm not customer service!) >

9. He ruined a battery charger (on the trip mentioned) and never offered a dime to replace it at a local Walmart for $40. (This guy's a teacher! and I assumed he would have the intelligence to not allow the metal clips to both rest on an aluminum dock while the charger was plugged in! > >

10. He usually expected me to troll over to shallow rocks to rescue his $.40 grub after the 10th time! >
(After causing me embarrassment when he hooked someone's boat cover, I avoided docks that had covered boats moored to them).

I could go on, but you get the idea.

Sam
Slayem9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-04, 05:14 PM   #12
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to profishermenkid16

I hate an as*hole that back boats you from catching fish.One that insists on fishing docks or one that prefished the day before and caught alot of fish from the spot the day before so they don't bite again but he is too stupid to know the difference.I guess I hate fishing as a nonboater unless its a partners tournament.I fished with a guy that drank a 30 pack of beer during the tournament and expected me to ride home with him towing his boat.I did ride up the morning not knowing he drank like that while fishing, Luckily I caught a different ride back home.Other than that I don't have any problems. ;D P N J
profishermenkid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-04, 06:06 PM   #13
djr
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to djr

all of the above. i guess all of have had one or all these happen to us at one time or another. but above all the one that bothers me the most is the drinking and wanting to p.p. all the time.

dawg
djr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-04, 06:17 PM   #14
jeffman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jeffman

SENKO,

Â* Â* #1. Â*People who insist on fishing crankbaits in heavy brush areas and every third cast it's "Hold up I'm hung up", when I was outfishing him 3 to 1 and won the tournament. (He still would not change to plastic)

Â* Â* #2. Â*People who bring fried chicken for THIER lunch and eat it in my boat, mashing the greasy crumbs into my carpet. (First piece only, he ate the rest standing on the bank)

Â* Â* #3 Â*Person who rode in my vehicle 1100 miles round trip, and fished out of my boat for 5 days and paid for $25.00 worth of gas and $7.00 toll fees, plus drank half of a fifth another friends Crown Royal.

Â* Â* None of the above three fish in my boat anymore!!!

JackL

I almost forgot #4. He ate a 8 oz package of cheeze during a days fishing, and since we were not using the livewell, he discarded the cheeze wrapper in it. When we went fishing a couple weeks later, the entire inside of the livewell was covered with mold.
He still fishes out of my boat, but does understand that he is on very strict probation.
jeffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-04, 06:54 PM   #15
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

JackL, You are a true friend. Could you send me enough gas money for a 200 mile round trip (about $20.00)? I will take my own boat ,drink and toll fee. I will kindly send you pictures of the fish I catch providing you send a self addressed stamped envelope. ;D ;D P N J
Old 08-16-04, 06:57 PM   #16
jeffman
BassFishin.Com Member

P N J,

Â* Â* I thought you were going to say that you would rub the fish with a napkin to get the fish smell and send it to me.

JackL

(Can you imaging the postman delivering that letter in August?)
Old 08-16-04, 07:00 PM   #17
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

JackL, That wouldn't be from a real fish that was rubbed on the napkin, but I can assure you the ones I could afford on my pay scale, it would definately smell real fishy. ;D ;D ;D P N J
Old 08-16-04, 07:02 PM   #18
jeffman
BassFishin.Com Member

BRAG, BRAG, BRAG
Old 08-16-04, 07:13 PM   #19
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

idiot#1-could not hit the lake with a plastic worm. ok i will amit that i to get in a tree on occassion but not 15 times in 4 hours ..

idiot#2- has the "i am so pretty" fetish as in i caught this bass cause i am so dang pretty.. after 3 hours i made him walk home. -read that pitched him head first out of the boat-

idiot#3-the smoker who puts ashes all over the side of the boat. and on the floor then drops his butt down an rubbs it out in the floor of MY boat. after telling him never to do it again. he does it again....my only consulation was watching him do a face plant on the dock before falling in the water-oopps sorry.. i jambed it in reverse when he was stepping out to get the truck.

idiot #4 the drunk who can't control him self. ok i drink my self and have a strict dry boat rule. this guy had a hang over a mile wide. and after speaking to chuck and earl before boarding my boat. i figured he would be all right.. i started to fish and this guy said he was going to be sick again... at my insistance-at gun piont- over the side..

idiot#5 she should learn to drive with a trailer and back up..not run over the curb-wildlife launch-and rip off a tail light..again

i will fish again with idiot #4 again only if he is cold sober... the rest are on there own..

i am the type of person who don't give a crap about what ya say to me as a person. screw with my boat or truck and i loosen my hot Â*temper quickly...

as for coffee i can't drink it so don't ask and no i wont have any you are s.o.l.bring your own..

zooker

Â*

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-04, 08:59 PM   #20
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

Me I seem to talk too much :-[

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-04, 09:13 PM   #21
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

then you should take my mom...talk about not being quite...

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Old 08-16-04, 10:03 PM   #22
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

Guess I've been pretty lucky. Had a few misadventures from time to time, but nobody I wouldn't let into the boat again.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-04, 10:14 PM   #23
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1

I've never had a bad fishing experience due to somebody else, I only go fishing with about three other people and they're all pretty good friends.
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-04, 02:25 AM   #24
IL.bassin36
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to IL.bassin36

As I fish from the co-angler spot, I try not to make this list of bad partners! I treat the anglers boat as if it were mine(with respect plain and simple), I kick in gas money, I bring my own food and drinks(enough Powerade for 2 ;D) even bring a bag to put my trash in, AND last but not least I limit myself to 1 tackle bag and 4-5 rods. Zooker, I've got to hand it to ya' - that took restraint not throwing that guy out of the boat when the first cig. butt hit the carpet!
IL.bassin36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-04, 07:24 PM   #25
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

well hooiser i get satifaction from him every time he smiles-knock 5 teeth out-...besides i don't have carpet my boat inside looks like a off shore boat. no carpet rough traction stuff with gel coat over it-yep busted my butt more than once-still he just pissed me off but good -.afore evey one gets all prissy about it. i was NOT tring to make him do a face plant just get him wet...

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.