Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Poll: Senko vs Dingers
Poll Options
Senko vs Dingers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.90 average. Display Modes
Old 08-25-12, 09:23 PM   #26
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Joe, me like those. I've tried the single rubber rings but did not like the hook position. This device seems to resolve that issue. Thank you, sir, I shall have to give them a try.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-12, 09:25 PM   #27
Jrob78

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
Joe, me like those. I've tried the single rubber rings but did not like the hook position. This device seems to resolve that issue. Thank you, sir, I shall have to give them a try.
I don't fish wacky rigged senkos a ton but these looked way better than o-rings to me. Looks like it would be worth a try.
Old 08-26-12, 07:08 AM   #28
Dogmatic
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt3mckee View Post
I've heard many break down price as the reason. Here's a good way to look at price. This is using my in store prices and not sales from big box stores.
GY- 6.99 10 in a pack= .69 per bait
Lake Fork Hyper Stick- 5.29 7 in a pack= .75 per bait
Yum Dinger- 4.99 12 in a pack= .42
El Grande Hatch Match- 4.29 7 in a pack= .61
Strike King Zero- 3.99 6 in a pack= .66
Just a different breakdown. Does show that the Dinger is the most cost effective but also shows that the Senko isn't outrageous per bait.
Don't know about the SK Zero, but the SK shim-e-stick is $2.49/8(7)pack...
=.31/.35 respectively.

As for the wacky rig "o-ring saddle harness", @ $6.99/25 pack, kinda cuts per bait savings no matter what "senko" you use, especially since o-rings at the plumbing supply store are $5/500 pack.
Dogmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-12, 12:06 PM   #29
gysgthard
BassFishin.Com Member

Here in northeren IN I like the senko 5" rainbow trout and then the 5" watermellon green.
gysgthard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-12, 03:42 AM   #30
fish4942
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Well, Bill Dance and Jimmy Houston talked me into trying the Yum Dingers. Instant success on first cast and for the next hour I fished that day. Plus it was my first cast using my new Pflueger President spinning reel. My favorite is 5 inch in junebug color. Don't spend 5-6 bucks though. Walmart has them for $3 a pack. That's a blessing right there.
fish4942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-12, 05:25 AM   #31
joedog

Walmarts have fewer in pack though.
Old 08-30-12, 08:14 AM   #32
kennethdaysale

I'm only gonna show you guys this link one more time.....5 cents a piece and a great way to kill some cold winter nights.
http://youtu.be/ZmdMFGwK8KE

you can simply remelt your old ones or better yet buy some very inexpensive raw plastic/tint/molds/salt from this guy.
http://www.bearsbaits.com/

*edit* not only are you spending $6 dollars for 120 worms you can get very personal and specific with your choices of colors and glitter and salt content/sink rate and.........wait for it...........Hardness/SOFTNESS. At a nickel apiece you can pour them as SOFT as you want(if you only get one bite per worm...so what!) Not to mention the satisfaction of catching fish on something you made.

Last edited by kennethdaysale; 08-30-12 at 08:28 AM.
kennethdaysale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-12, 02:44 PM   #33
DaveW731

Default even cheaper and just as effective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrob78 View Post
I don't fish wacky rigged senkos a ton but these looked way better than o-rings to me. Looks like it would be worth a try.
Go to any electrical supply shop, buy a $2.00 package of 3/8 black shrink wrap. Cut into 1/4" thick bands, slide on to middle of bait, hook through bait and both sides of the band. I have caught multiple fish on one wacky rigged Senko with that approach.
DaveW731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-12, 11:48 PM   #34
fish4942

Ive used both. Had to throw the senkos away because the melted in the heat in my truck. I've had instant success with the yum dingers...literally. First cast caught a 3 pounder. If fish are there they usually take a bight of the dinger. I just cleaned Walmart out of the junebug color.
Old 09-13-12, 12:53 AM   #35
fish4942

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedog View Post
Walmarts have fewer in pack though.
Breaking News: last night I picked up a pack of BPS 5 3/8 stick-o-worms in the junebug color, same color I've been using for the yum dingers. Today i caught to of the biggest bass I've ever caught with them. And they come in packs of 16 for $5.
Old 09-17-12, 09:49 AM   #36
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

When it comes to stick baits like these, I use Yum Dingers almost exclusively. I think they give the best combination of price, action, and durability. While Senko's probably do have the best action, I just won't pay that price for a bait that only last 1-2 fish, if that.

For those who are a fan of t-rigged weightless senkos, give the Owner Twist-lock hooks a try. They consistently increase how long I can fish any senko type bait before it tears up. I do fish them weightless t-rigged much more often than I do wacky rigged.

BB
Old 10-03-12, 10:39 PM   #37
bassboogieman

Wow, you know THREE words in ENGLISH! Or are you just a copy & paste kinda guy?
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-12, 08:55 AM   #38
Barthez
BassFishin.Com Member

I haven't try the Yum Dinger's but Senkos has been producing consistently for me when no other plastic/stick worked. My wife just landed her first bass(2.5lbs) on a 5" Senko Watermelon w/CPR/Orgn w/red (9-10-956). A lake in northern Virginia where the fishing pressure is high, so you can assume they have seeing it all! If budgets allows, I will always keep a couple of Senko bags at hand.
Barthez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-12, 10:23 PM   #39
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I resisted getting Senkos for years-just did not want to pay a premium. I started with BPS Stick-Os, and have used Wave Worm Tiki Sticks and Bamboo Sticks, Yum Dingers, and finally got the original. I have to admit it, the Senko does seem to catch more fish, although I have caught plenty on the other baits.

Colors? I have had the best success with baby bass/pearl swirl and watermelon/chartreuse swirl Tiki Sticks, watermelon, baby bass/pearl laminate and ozark smoke Yum Dingers, watermelon, watermelon red and green pumpkin Stick-Os and watermelon and watermelon/cream laminate Senkos. I've also done well on white ice and Christmas Tree regardless of brand.

For wacky rigging I use a wacky tool that puts an O-ring on the bait. I have not noticed a difference between using and not using an O-ring as far as catching bass so I always use one.

That said, I don't wacky rig them much anymore. I started using a Flick Shake on a weighted jighead that is really an amazing bait as far as it's fish catching abilities go.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.