Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-04, 12:33 PM   #1
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

Default installing aerating pump tips

having to replace my live well pump because mine got broke-that is a long story-most ome pumps are out dated and finding parts is rare. i put in a new pump an attwood.
being a big guy i don't crawl under nothing-having 4"of clay dust on the dirt floor of my garage don't help-i pulled the boat trailer up on my car ramps.
first off make sure to have sillicon calking compound and 12 pack. remove screen filter.remove old nut ya mite have to cut your way through some calking to get it free. use a rubber mallet-i used 3lb dead blow-to beat the intake back through the hull.-open 3rd frosty one-
root round till ya find a rusty putty knife. sharpen said rusty knife-trust me it needed it-on the inside of the hull wall there will be half a tube of calking round the pump intake-some one tell me why-remove most of this ya mite need to cut it out with a knife. cuss like a sailor when ya cut open your finger. use opened 6 th beer to stop the bleeding.
after the old pump is removed.put a large bead of calk a round the inside of the hole and another around the out side hole insert pump through the hull.put some calk on the threads of the in take-smear it on with fingers-quikly put big nut on threads and tighten-not THAT one you moron-i use a slip joint pliers for this it is about 1 1/8 " nut. pry empty beer bottle losse from calk covered hand.
i put heat srink tubbing over the wires at the connectors they make it water proff. i cut to lenth the pump wires used soilderless connetors. try it to make sure it works-flip switch blows fuse again cuss like sailor-reconnect wires again with soilerless connectors. open last beer. melt the shrink tubing over the connetions and you are done. i think i will head out to get more beer.

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-04, 12:54 AM   #2
jeffman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jeffman
Default Re: installing aerating pump tips

ZOOKER,
I think I have uncovered part of your difficulty in replacing your aereator pump. You attemted to undertake a difficult problem with an insufficient amount of beer!!!

JackL
jeffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-04, 09:47 PM   #3
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

yeah next time it will be a case

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Old 06-09-04, 09:58 PM   #4
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassNva

you're doing something wrong.took me less than an hour to r&r 2 fill pumps and 2 recirc.pumps.and the hoses..
BassNva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-04, 01:38 AM   #5
catfishtonyd
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to catfishtonyd

Too much beer maybe?
catfishtonyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-04, 09:05 PM   #6
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

tom never said how long it took me to do actually about an hour.the old one was a real pain to get off

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.