Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 01-18-10, 09:27 PM   #1
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Is their such a backpack?

All right, so I'm always carrying around a old cheap school backpack when I go fishing, but most of the time I'm now only carrying 1 rod, I get sick of going back and getting the other. Problem is, is I have 4 rods. I'd like to be able to carry more than one rod with me at a time. So I was wondering if they a pack pack like this, but has something on the side or a flap on the front that has 4 of these. I'd be great if you guys could give me a link to one or show me how to make one!

Thanks guys!
Old 01-18-10, 09:50 PM   #2
BassinNC
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Did you do a google search for one. I saw one in a mag the other day that held 2 rods. That would give you three counting the one u carry.
If not get one of these white pvc rod holders at bass pro item# 21-531-969-00 and just find a way to rig it to you backpack.
Doesn't have to look good.
Old 01-18-10, 10:34 PM   #3
BassinNC
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I found one here.
More results from www.tackledirect.com
Old 01-18-10, 10:48 PM   #4
Jrob78
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

That link didn't work, they do have tons of bags though! I didn't see anything that carried more than two rods.

http://www.tackledirect.com/tacbagandbox.html
Jrob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-10, 11:06 PM   #5
Jrob78

Here's a few other rod carrying options.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st..._SearchResults

http://www.captharry.com/product/Rod...p/Rods/39.html
Old 01-19-10, 08:49 AM   #6
Bassboss

Hmm, we're getting there. Something like this is pretty much what I'm after.

But that's just a bag with rod holders, not a backpack with rod holders.

~~~~~~~~~

Found this on Cabelas! http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...327&hasJS=true

It's more like a backwards fanny pack, but it holds two rods (good enough for me), and tackle!

Last edited by Bassboss; 01-19-10 at 09:10 AM.
Bassboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-10, 10:29 AM   #7
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

How are you going to cast with rods either sticking up behind you or on either side of you?

When shore fishing, I take my bag and 4 rods. Carry the bag in one hand the rods in the other. Going back to get your stuff is just part of shore fishing.

BB
Old 01-19-10, 10:31 AM   #8
brushhog

Islandbassser built something of his own, I'm sure you could search the site and find it. I'm pretty sure he carries 4 rods in it...
Old 01-19-10, 12:04 PM   #9
Jrob78

Quote:
When shore fishing, I take my bag and 4 rods. Carry the bag in one hand the rods in the other. Going back to get your stuff is just part of shore fishing.
That's what I do too. I set up in a central location and work left and right of that location. When I need to move to the other side of the pond I take everything with me and pick another central location to start from. I am usually carrying my tackle, 3 or 4 rods and a drink.

That looks like a recipe for getting hooked somewhere on your body to me, rod whipped at the very least.
Old 01-19-10, 12:19 PM   #10
WaffleJaw

Yea I set up a headquarters and work from there...I take 4 in-ground rod holders (I dont like laying my rods on the ground)..I strap those to the top of my bag and shoulder it and carry all my rods in one hand usually.
Alot of the places I fish have too many low limbs and duck downs for me to carry my rods vertically.
Old 01-19-10, 02:05 PM   #11
islandbass

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushhog View Post
Islandbassser built something of his own, I'm sure you could search the site and find it. I'm pretty sure he carries 4 rods in it...
Thanks, brushhog! Yeah, I did make something and it has been posted here a couple times so a quick search will find it. It works great and still works well even today. I have shared this design with an acquaintance and he has even improved on it. Fortunately it is very simple to make. A search for Rod Quiver ought to find it.

BB,

Listen to Big Bassin on this. You are going to quickly discover what he said is true.

UPDATE:

Well, I did a quick search and it turns out the links to my pics are no longer valid so the pics can't be seen in the past posts.

Keep the quiver upright or prop it up on your bag like this. It will keep your gear dirt and scratch free.

The rod quiver in action being held by my evil twin. No more holding multiple rods with just your fingers. 3 rods easily held. This quiver can also be made to hold more rods simply by choosing a different shape. Also, as you can see, I use a backpack too.

Last edited by islandbass; 01-19-10 at 08:19 PM.
islandbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-10, 06:43 PM   #12
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandbass View Post
Thanks, brushhog! Yeah, I did make something and it has been posted here a couple times so a quick search will find it. It works great and still works well even today. I have shared this design with an acquaintance and he has even improved on it. Fortunately it is very simple to make. A search for Rod Quiver ought to find it.

BB,

Listen to Big Bassin on this. You are going to quickly discover what he said is true.

UPDATE:

Well, I did a quick search and it turns out the links to my pinks are no longer valid so the pics can't be seen in the past posts.

Keep the quiver upright or prop it up on your bag like this. It will keep your gear dirt and scratch free.

The rod quiver in action being held by my evil twin. No more holding multiple rods with just your fingers. 3 rods easily held. This quiver can also be made to hold more rods simply by choosing a different shape. Also, as you can see, I use a backpack too.

Thanks IB, I seen it all ready, and am still getting around to making it!

I need some cash so I can get the stuff still!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BigB! I'd

I'd like to try to find something to make it easier though! Necessity is the mother of invention!
Old 01-21-10, 04:38 AM   #13
LuvThyMeta|
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to LuvThyMeta| Send a message via MSN to LuvThyMeta| Send a message via Yahoo to LuvThyMeta|

I have a tackle bag. It does the job, but it doesn't hold rods like you want it to be. Good links by the way.
LuvThyMeta| is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.