Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 01-25-10, 01:11 AM   #1
everettvet
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Bass University

I returned from Nashville a couple of hours ago where I attended Bass University. If you have not heard of it or about it, the website is www.thebassuniversity.com. It was not the cheapest weekend I have every spent mainly due to the bait monkey attacking me multiple times, but the money I spent to attend the classes was well worth it. I learned a lot of information and confirmed some things that I had suspected. Their next event is in Dallas in a couple of weeks. If anyone lives near there, I highly recommend going. The pros were great to listen to and were more than happy to answer questions anytime. There were all good speakers and were fun to listen to and to get to know. I am hoping that they have these again next year.
everettvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-10, 09:23 AM   #2
bcklash
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

The BassinBandit and I have been 2 times in past years and is worth every penny. Not only do you learn a lot, you find out these guys really want to help the sport grow. They are good guys. They will answer all your fishing related questions.

I'm glad you enjoyed your schooling.
Old 01-25-10, 10:13 AM   #3
everettvet

bcklash,
I totally agree with you. Now it is just a matter of taking what I leaned in the classroom and applying to the water. I was looking at my notes and I will have to rewrite them tonight so that I can translate very bad doctor handwriting into real words. I will probably put them on computer, come to think of it. Something you might be interested in is that they are going to put the classes on dvd for sell to the public. I will be getting a copy for myself to have.
Old 01-25-10, 12:44 PM   #4
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

I was eyeballing the Dallas class, but I have to go back to work the 3rd. Maybe next year though. Glad you got something out of it though. I will be looking forward to the DVDs
Old 01-26-10, 01:28 AM   #5
bcklash

Everettvet I think Ike was there if so what did you think of him?
Old 01-26-10, 03:43 AM   #6
LuvThyMeta|
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to LuvThyMeta| Send a message via MSN to LuvThyMeta| Send a message via Yahoo to LuvThyMeta|

I have never heard of this before, pretty cool. I would love to go. Does anyone know if they come down here in California ?
LuvThyMeta| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-10, 02:22 PM   #7
everettvet

bcklash,
Ike was there. He is a little wild and crazy, but I believe that if someone was still standing there asking questions he would be there to answer them. I spoke with him on several occasions and he made me feel like we had known each other a long time. I actually told him this at the end of the day on Sunday "I have not always agreed with the way that you acted on the water, but after this weekend I am a fan." There was some young kids there (ages 7 or so) and he was awesome with them. As a dad, I really noticed that. I am looking forward to next year's event already and I really can't wait for the dvd to come out. All the guys that were in Nashville were well spoken and did a great job.

Luvthy,
They were in California a few weeks ago. Watch for the dvd to come out on their website. www.thebassuniversity.com I think it will be well worth it. I am not sure how they will do the dvd's. It maybe one from each location or all as one. I really don't know. I can tell one thing for sure and that is I will have all of them.
Old 01-26-10, 04:10 PM   #8
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Everettvet,
Glad you had a good time. I have been fortunate enough to meet and talk with a lot of pro anglers and there really is nothing like it. These guys have a mind that just works different than the average anglers. When they give seminars they are always pointing out little tricks they use and we are always wondering why we couldn't have thought of that. That is why spending money to go to classes like The Bass University or being a Marshall is so valuable, you learn stuff that you just never would have learned on your own ( or if you did it would have taken you forever to figure it out ).
Old 01-26-10, 06:28 PM   #9
bcklash

Everettvet, we have met Ike several times and I think he is great for the sport. You can see his love for kids and his willingness to teach them. A great person.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.