Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-06, 10:59 PM   #26
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

that would explain some things would it not?

zooker
Old 11-27-06, 08:51 AM   #27
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker View Post
yeah buddy .. i have to agree with that..

i started with a fly rod never even used a spinning rod till i was 18 or so.. caught my first bass while i was a junior in high school.. it went straight south from there..

zooker
LOL Going south aint to bad is it ole buddy. This thread got me thinking way back when............yes they had fishing rods back then and they all werent old surplus tank aeirals. My dad when he started me out bass fishing bout me a top of the line outfit when he finally got tired of me using his stuff. He bought me a Ambassaduesr 5000D (the green ones) and a Lews Laser Speed stick. Back then therte where 2 rods to have....The old Fenwick Hawg Stick and the Lews Laser Speed stick. I still have the rod but the reel has disappeared. Also back then there where Stanley Vibra King and Queen spinnerbaits, Fliptail worms and Bass Oreno's and Dalton Specials and Lucky'13's. The BIGG crankbait back then was the Big O, the ole original Bomber's (which if anyone has any of these they would like to part with PLEASE give me a holler. I am talking bout the 200 and the 300 series. The ones that looked like a mudbug. $100 worth of lures was WAY to much tackle back then. The ole southern sproat worm hook was the hot hook. One of the BEST bass boats back then was the ole TERRY bass boat( the one that looked like a bath tub) and a 35hp motor was a ROCKET on the water. LMAO them ole motorguides sounded like a pea thrasher on steroids and hard as hell to turn but you JUST had to have one and ifn you where rich you had one of the ole green lowrance flashers. MAn those where the days. Wish pop was still alive god rest his sole so he could take my boys fishing or they could take him fishing rather. I always said dad had to be part fish. He was the omly man that I ever knew that when him and I pulled up to the Ding Dong Daddy Bass Classic at Pendelton Bridge on the Arkansas river back in 1976 3 other teams loaded up there boats and left cause "there aint no way in hell we can outfish Bobby Courtney" Love ya dad and wish you where here but I am sure that you are fishing in ALOT better waters and teaching all those angels up there how to "think like a fish"
Old 11-27-06, 08:56 AM   #28
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassintom View Post
when the old man whipped our a**es,if he couldn't tell us why,he just said it's for the next time you do something wrong..the next time we still got it.at least i have learned what not to do to my kids from my old man's actions.
and i do remember the times fishing more than the a** whoopin'..even though there was more a** whoopin than fishing.
to add to the "take a kid fishing" thing...don't yell at them if they do something wrong while fishing..show them the correct way.
Man I could go on and on like you tom. Dad when I started to fish had me standing on that 20hp Mercury more times than not for casting to the front of the boat or backlashing again or better yet hooking him. Guess he was kinda hard on me at times but hey thats why I have become a pretty good bass fisherman.....no where good as he was but can hold my own. On the subject of Take a Kid Fishing and the saying of Take a kid fishing and he will eat for a day.....Teach a kid to fish and he will Eat And lie for life goes hand in hand.........but its those little fishing lies that we can all live with and who knows the more kids you take fishing no matter how aggrevating it can get means more kids will probably not turn to drugs.
Old 11-27-06, 07:04 PM   #29
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FASTLASER View Post
One of the BEST bass boats back then was the ole TERRY bass boat( the one that looked like a bath tub) and a 35hp motor was a ROCKET on the water.
ya mean like this one?? though it has a 50 horse and a omc troller on it..i am rebuilding it..

zooker

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.