Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-09, 10:27 PM   #1
aikenyounggun
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Angry How the Heck???

How the heck can the Elite series not be coming to SC/GA. We had 2 tournamets last year at Clarks Hill and Murray. (yeah Clarks Hill is 1/2 and 1/2)... They are both within an hour of me and i caould get out friday and go watch them..... It was great and now thye just through us down the stairs......

Yeah i know the econonmy is bad and the cities bid on the lakes but you think the towns would of saw the impact. Heck the Classic brought in a astronomecial amount of money to SC!!!!

Just mad and had to rant for a minute. Say what you think about the lakes.

P.S if i should of posted this somewhere else... my bad go ahead and move it..... i though it was anything fishing so i didnt put it in "NON-fishing related"
Old 02-10-09, 11:48 PM   #2
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

i think that they rotate the events from year to year. not sure though.
Old 02-11-09, 07:53 AM   #3
MrPhotographer06

Send a message via AIM to MrPhotographer06

well didnt lake hartwell dry up too?
Old 02-11-09, 09:13 AM   #4
jcw1503
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

no just part of it and it was already dried up at that place last year, the part where they fished is not dried up
Old 02-11-09, 09:54 AM   #5
Buzz Wing

Send a message via MSN to Buzz Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcw1503 View Post
...the part where they fished is not dried up
Seriously!?! I never would've guessed...

That aside, I see where you are coming from, but personally I like the events switched up like so. It gives a true test of the pros skill because the water, weather, etc. is all changed up and a new scenario is on the table. This way, more fisherman are givin a chance to place high in the rankings. If you fished Skeet's home waters year after year, eventually the same ten who succeed there every year will dominate year after year, whereas when it's swithced up, Iaconelli or KVD will have a better shot then Skeet, or say Jones.

-Buzz
Buzz Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-09, 12:12 PM   #6
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
i think that they rotate the events from year to year. not sure though.
That makes sens to me!
Old 02-11-09, 02:53 PM   #7
MrPhotographer06

Send a message via AIM to MrPhotographer06

my cousin lives about 2 minutes away from it and they said where they were you could see the bottom from the bridge
Old 02-11-09, 03:05 PM   #8
aikenyounggun

yeah the lakes are really low... well clarks hill and hartwell are but murrar aint..... and last year the stupid people stopped pulling water for two weeks so the water could come up before the Elite series..... the lake really needed this........ heck there are about three boat ramps you can launch at Clarks Hill right now............. they dont rotate the events...... the are still fishing old hickory........... im almost 100% sure that the towns bid on the events just like the olympics.....
Old 02-11-09, 03:13 PM   #9
jcw1503

i know alot of lake hartwell is dried up but not the main part and yeah it is low, where my inlaws live it used to be lake front property but now it is meadow front property. you can walk all the way across and there is nothing but grass however, since the ran lately they said they have a little stream running through as of right now!!!!
Old 02-11-09, 10:19 PM   #10
abu4600
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Heck, They have not stopped here in mississippi since 1996 or 1997.
abu4600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-09, 03:31 PM   #11
Bryan
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I would like to see BASS mix it up a little more as well. They seem to have written off alot of places that used to be regular stops. The James River, Buggs Island, Minnetonka, Lanier, etc etc. I don't watch Bassmasters much anymore, and it's partly because I'm not very interested in most of the places they visit.

By far my favorite events to watch are the ones where the pros are struggling to catch a couple small keepers. I thought the 3 Rivers and Ohio river Classics were great. Nothing like watching a pro go ballistic over losing a 12 incher!

I'm looking forward to the Mississippi river tournament this year. If I only watch one event that will be it.
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-09, 03:44 PM   #12
BassAddict

They're fishing Smith Mountain Lake in VA again this year. That will be a mess though. People are mad about the co-angler deal so a bunch of people are going to have a tournament to coinside with the Elites. Here's an article about it.

http://www.bassfan.com/Opinion_article.asp?ID=120
Old 02-13-09, 04:53 PM   #13
3dkicker

Some of it has to do with the launch sites and the housing. Also the local business organizations have to pay some serious $$$ to get a tournament. Yep, without the $$$ you're not going to get the tournament. I doubt you'll ever get a straight answer from those who decide on where the tournaments are held and why.

You would think that they would start in the south in the late winter early spring and work up the coast over the months and work back down during the late summer and into fall hitting the states with the better bodies of water and good facilities.
Same could be done in the central part of the country and with the west coast.
Old 02-13-09, 06:57 PM   #14
Bender

I'm sure it is all about the money, like any other professional sport. I don't watch any of the pros, but I would have if they didn't cancel the event in the U.P. at Little Bay de Noc in Escanaba, MI. Because that area is so remote I was surprised there were enough people and resources to support such an event, but I was still disappointed when they canceled it.
Like most other sports, I would rather be doing it than watch somebody else do it.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.