Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-13, 12:22 PM   #1
joedog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Smile Ok, today's crazy question

Sonar

Now I've spent the winter learning or at least trying to learn the actual 'whys' of what a bass does and when it does it.

I know what they can SEE, HEAR, SMELL and what effect these transmissions have on how the bass reacts to said transmission.
The 'whys'.
One of the most intriguing of which was the fact that a bass' eyes take approx. 30-40 min. to adjust to light changes at dusk and dawn. Smaller the bass, the quicker the transition.

So if a bass' lateral line can 'sense' a pod of bait fish 30 yards away and actually know what that transmission is coming from.
It's hard for me to believe they don't/can't feel or sense a sonar signal.

Now anglers are ALL ACROSS the board on this question.
From, "I've seen bass bury their nose in the mud after hearing a boat approaching and then pulling it out once boat passes", to, "the frequency is to high to allow bass' senses to understand transmission".
Anglers who were ice fishing who saw and marked fish with electronics but dozens of others doing the exact same thing.
But no one getting so much as a nibble. They all turned off their electronics and the fish started biting.

Now you have the highly successful and recommended, Hydro Wave.
What do you think that thing is doing....transmitting electronic 'wave transmission' of sound.

So the 'bass can't hear it' argument, kind of looses a little ground.
As usual I have my thoughts on this topic. As usual my thoughts just lead to more questions and/or thoughts.

So I need the smartest most diversified group of anglers to share their thoughts on this.

So what you thinking ANGLERS?

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.