Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-13-05, 09:16 PM   #1
toto
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to toto
Default Night Time Worm Fishing

I like to night fish for Bass here in Middle Tennessee and like to use the plastic worm occassionally. Purple is usually the color of choice but was wondering from everyone,what type of plastic worm do you think is best. Straight tail,curly tail ,a do nothing worm or a 6 inch grub worm.
My first post here,great site with lots of information.
toto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-05, 09:19 PM   #2
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default Re: Night Time Worm Fishing

welcome to the forum. i would have to say that dark colored worms and types that put off alot of vibration also try to get some kind of fish attractant for the smell
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-05, 10:39 PM   #3
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=bassfisher02 link=board=news;num=1108340202;start=0#1 date=02/13/05 at 19:19:51]welcome to the forum. i would have to say that dark colored worms and types that put off alot of vibration also try to get some kind of fish attractant for the smell[/quote]

Te be more specific, my 3 favorite colors at night are Black, Red Shad, and Green Pumpkin. I use Lizards, creature baits, big PNJ's with Rattles, and Zipper style of worms. These are my choice of plastics. Sometimes I will add a rattle to the plastics also.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-05, 10:48 PM   #4
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1

I'd so go with a c-rig cause it makes the most noise. Use a black or any other dark colored worm in order to cast a silhouette. Also try creature baits, they give off a lot of action, good for night.
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-05, 12:00 AM   #5
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

Welcome to the forum!

I use a number of different styles-ribbon tail, curl tail, and paddle tail for T-rig and straight tailed for wacky and floating worms.

For color, I throw watermelon red more than anything else.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-05, 12:03 AM   #6
LEVI
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to LEVI

For night time worm fishing, I prefer a large 9 inch black ribbontail worm. I am a big believer that big fish prefer larger worms and black is the all time best night time color.

Kybasser
LEVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-05, 12:37 AM   #7
bassguy2004

I love to fish at night and some of my biggest fish have been at night. I like to use a worm that moves a lot of water like the 10 inch power worm in black. I'm with you Ky, black is the best at night.
Old 02-14-05, 05:34 AM   #8
nicholastown
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to nicholastown

Fishing at night is often a very productive time to fish. Especially in the south, during the summer, when water temps can reach high 90's. The water doesn't cool down that much at night, but usually there is less pressure at night, and it is more hospitable to the fisherman. Worms are great baits to catch fish with at night, and many different types will put fish in the boat. As far as what color and what type of worm to use, well, its really all up to what depth, water clarity, and type of cover fished. Now I am not big on color anyway, I think if you stick with your natural colors you will be fine. So, if you are fishing deep water, then go with a large black worm, something that moves a lot of water, if you are fishing shallow, then go with something that stands out a little bit. One thing people tend to forget is that if water is clear during the day, it is still clear when the sun goes down. In shallow water, this can make the difference. I like a red shad, or purple worm, a little smaller, maybe even a trick worm, something with a little less action. Good fishing .
nicholastown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-05, 10:45 AM   #9
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassNva

when it's a tough night bite i will use rattles in a 4"worm.
in one particular night tourney,i couldn't get a bite on a worm with a glass rattle or an alum rattle.but when i put both of them in i caught fish.won that tourney.

i swear by rattles at night when fish got lockjaw,which happens at night also.
i have seen it happen many times where a guy can't even get a bite at night on anything.
BassNva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-05, 01:26 PM   #10
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

my all time favorite worm rig for night fishing is a black floating worm-with rattles-and a swivel placed a short distance in front of the worm 6" or so. the reason is i work docks at night and to do that a long leader makes for a less accurate cast.

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.