Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 01-08-08, 06:12 PM   #1
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144
Default No ICE!!

Ok, after waiting months for the ice to finally be thick enough to ice fish, it's all been ruined. the last two days we've set record highs and last night we had severe storms with VERY heavy rain. Now that ALL, yes ALL the ice is gone, I went out fishing today. I didn't expect to catch anything (and I was right), but I was testing out some of the lures I have gotten since fall as weel as my BPS Pro Qualifier and Daiwa Viento. That's the smoothest reel (and most expensive) I have ever used!

Anyways. I used a small 3/16 oz jig for a while, then a BOOYAH Pond magic spinnerbait in red. then I was trying new lures (zara spook, DTFSS07, double colorado spinnerbait). It felt good to be out and fishing again, even if I didn't get anything.

But now we have to wait till the ice gets thick again.

BB
Old 01-08-08, 07:35 PM   #2
carolina-rig-01

glad you finally got a chance to get out and fish without the hard water.
Old 01-08-08, 09:45 PM   #3
Bender
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I went out on Sunday and caught really small gills and then a big fish. I fought it for nearly 2 minutes on my noodle rod, then when he finally got close to the hole he decided to break off. I would say either a 3+lb bass or a big pike.
Anyway be very careful!!! 2 guys came out and walked past me to the other end of the lake, then they came back about 15 minutes later. One of them had fallen through. Luckily he was able to get out and it wasn't too cold so he was O.K. I was on 5-6" of ice and where they went it was only 2" and about 100-200 yards away. (couldn't see more than 50' since the fog was so heavy)
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-08, 09:51 PM   #4
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

The only problem today was that the wind was blowing quite heavily. had to turn the M-Brake up to like 5. Other than that, the temp was nice, low 60's. I was out in a lightweight longsleeve shirt. I knew I wouldn't catch anything, but it was good to ger out and fish anyways.

BB
Old 01-09-08, 12:24 AM   #5
keithdog

Hey BB. All the ice here is now gone too, so I'm planning to do the same thing saturday. Get out and cast a few just to enjoy being out there and doing it. Going to throw a chatterbait. Last spring a couple days after ice out I did very well with that lure. So who knows, if nothing else, I'll enjoy being out there.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-08, 10:49 AM   #6
Lilmoosecountry
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I was out sunday at Blue springs lake. Got my line wet with no success. Oh well the KC Sports Show is this weekend at bartle hall.
Lilmoosecountry is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.