Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Topics for Specific Waters or Regions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-17-10, 12:03 PM   #1
Ground Pounder
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default A Lake Reborn - Newburgh Lake, Livonia, MI

Hey Gang,

I thought I’d take some time to introduce some of you folks to my “home lake”, Newburgh Lake in Livonia, MI. Newburgh lake’s just a few miles from my house, and has been my “go-to” body of water since catching the bass-fishing bug a few weeks back.

I also plan on using this lake as a resource in a lot of upcoming posts, so I figured I’d get this post up for future reference.

Thanks in advance to checking this out,

GP

Introduction to Newburgh Lake

Newburgh Lake is a 105-acre reservoir, located in the Middle Rouge River Watershed in Hines Park, in the western suburbs of Detroit, MI. The lake was contaminated for many years, but underwent a major renovation in the late 1990’s to offer a great community retreat for a number of recreational activities… including fishing!

Newburgh lake is a no-swim lake. In addition, boating is restricted to man-powered craft only – no motors allowed (although I have seen bass-crawlers with small trolling motors out there, I wouldn’t recommend it with a Wayne Country Sheriff’s office sitting in the northeast side of the lake). While this may seem like a PITA, in reality it leaves a vast area of the lake under very light fishing pressure.

Newburgh also houses two fishing piers (one on the northern bank, mid-lake at Newburgh Point, another on the north-eastern edge at Sumac point). In the winter, the lake is swept for ice-skating and ice fishing.

(continued in next post)

Photos Below:

1) Sat View - an overhead view of the lake
2) Newburgh Point Fishing Pier - a look from the pier to the shore in the mid-northern part of the lake.
3) Summer Trees - 3rd-party photo from the northwestern shore to the lake and tree line near the eastern bank.
4) Middle Cove - From the middle fishing pier, looking north into to the cove created by the pennisula.
5) Middle Point - From the middle fishing pier, looking west to the eastern shore of the penninsula.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sat View.jpg
Views:	2262
Size:	216.9 KB
ID:	5568   Click image for larger version

Name:	Newburgh Point Fishing Pier.jpg
Views:	6931
Size:	296.2 KB
ID:	5569   Click image for larger version

Name:	Summer Trees.jpg
Views:	1571
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	5570   Click image for larger version

Name:	Middle Cove.jpg
Views:	1648
Size:	252.0 KB
ID:	5571   Click image for larger version

Name:	Middle Point.jpg
Views:	1638
Size:	244.0 KB
ID:	5572  

Ground Pounder is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.