Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 06-05-11, 06:13 PM   #1
nobass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default hummingbird 570 di

thinking about buying one. any input pro or con would be appericated
Old 06-05-11, 09:04 PM   #2
lilmule

Its a basic single beam or dual beam down imaging device with switchfire (colorfull display)
steps above that are dual beam plus and quatro-meaning wider coverage.
Id go with more coverage,not necessary to have more money involved or much more.
That is a high end entry level model equal to say a wide 100 made 15 years ago with the exception ot the colorfull screen,that costs 4 times as much as it did.
If that is all you want or need spend 60 bucks on ebay for just about any used one ,it will get the same,coverage just less colorfull screen.
In other words not a lot of bang for the buck.
I own two hummingbirds,but one has to read the fine print,and additional info-its not what its capable of but what it does,what its capable of costs more$,in many cases and in some you cant get there from here.

Last edited by lilmule; 06-05-11 at 10:25 PM.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-11, 10:33 PM   #3
Tavery5

Actually the 570di is the newer model,it has dualbeam plus and down imageing, it has a 12 level grayscale display. The older model 570 had only the dualbeam.
Old 06-06-11, 06:57 AM   #4
lilmule

I stand corrected the di does have dual beam plus,however my point was even the 325 costing 60 percent as much does at 189,to spend another 140 or more for the same thing but with more pixels and greyscales does not make it a good buy just a slightly better picture.
Take your time looking at all the various models.
The entry level gps(161) costs not much more and has dual beam plus as well,where can one buy a gps unit for difference between them,but entry models have limits that one isnt chip compatible,and built in uni maps showing no depth contour.
More expensive are often capable of but dont do it as delivered so read info carefully.
But my opinion and thats all it is for 300 + it should do more than a unit costing nearly half as much,not just look prettier.

Last edited by lilmule; 06-06-11 at 07:08 AM.
Old 06-06-11, 10:14 AM   #5
Tavery5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmule View Post
I stand corrected the di does have dual beam plus,however my point was even the 325 costing 60 percent as much does at 189,to spend another 140 or more for the same thing but with more pixels and greyscales does not make it a good buy just a slightly better picture.
Take your time looking at all the various models.
The entry level gps(161) costs not much more and has dual beam plus as well,where can one buy a gps unit for difference between them,but entry models have limits that one isnt chip compatible,and built in uni maps showing no depth contour.
More expensive are often capable of but dont do it as delivered so read info carefully.
But my opinion and thats all it is for 300 + it should do more than a unit costing nearly half as much,not just look prettier.
Mule, I'm not sure where you are getting your info, but you may want to check the Hummingbird web page. The 325 is a standard dualbeam, not the dual beam plus, it has a smaller display and less resolution, and most of all it does not support down imaging. The Hummingbird 570di and the Lowrance Mark 5X-DSI are the two lowest priced units on the market with down image capability. I prefer the 570di, but that is probably because I own a 570 and the menu system feels very familar to me.
Old 06-06-11, 11:45 AM   #6
WaffleJaw

My Dad just pick up the 570 DI...Weve messed with only once on the water so far,but the DI was extremely clear on the lake,and it was my first experience with switchfire...Not being a boat owner,my unit knowledge is very poor,but this perticular unit seemed to be extremely nice and a lot of view features for the for the price!(Grey-scale model)
It gave a great picture of our usually spots....So now it feels worse when I get skunked,lol
Old 06-06-11, 01:15 PM   #7
lilmule

It is an easy to use unit and a nice one just feel myself for that $ more can be had is all.
And info came from hummingbird fact store,one can get conflicting info there depending upon the page viewed,but like earleir was comparing to non di.
I own a 755C and a 785C2i made about 3 1/2 years ago and now discontinued no info available for its sonar nowdays yet it is sonar compatible-(smartcast)
Even know the transducer and looking at its page it wont list the model any longer.
Partly due to its internal ant cant interlink either.
Was merely my opinion that a 300 dollar unit should do more than a 200 dollar one.
Just about all the entry level sonars are easy to operate,as without all the bells and whistles,but its an important thing being user friendly.

Last edited by lilmule; 06-06-11 at 01:26 PM.
Old 06-06-11, 01:52 PM   #8
Tavery5

Mule do you know of a 200 dollar unit that has down imaging. The difference in a 200 dollar unit and 300 dollar unit is this feature. As stated before the only other unit with down imaging in this price range that I know of is the Mark 5X Dsi. I am sure the price will drop once this technology becomes a little more commonplace.
Old 06-06-11, 02:19 PM   #9
lilmule

Uh think the idea was to give opinions,in my own defense every time I go to the bird site it also lists close models and I wrongly click on the wrong one,as under it or next to it.
So I make mistakes like ordering a 785C2l,pays to read fully prior to buying.
Id have to go back and look to what models applied and sort of immaterial.
Other than those birds i bought new havnt spent over 60 bucks on just sonar as all over ebay used for 1/3 the price.
My only experience with the cheapo units with birds are limited to the 161 which came on a boat I bought thought it had dual beam down imaging,but not dual+ dunno now,but in the 200 range or was,and is a gps unit.
Is that di a decent unit yes,but again my opinion over priced,as many things are nowdays.
Old 06-06-11, 02:43 PM   #10
Imgoodatwhatido
BassFishin.Com Active Member

ive got one an i love it.
Imgoodatwhatido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-11, 03:55 PM   #11
Tavery5

Nobass, we sell a lot of the 570di at Gander Mountain, it is a great entry level unit, you will enjoy it.
Old 06-06-11, 05:10 PM   #12
nobass

thanks for the input i am still up in the air gandr mnt has the mark 5xdsi on sale for 249, all i want now is and entry level one only reason for buying onre my bow mounted eagle is giving me problems
Old 06-06-11, 05:23 PM   #13
Tavery5

Kinda ends up being Ford -vs- Chevy, they are both good units, I could not tell why, but we tend to sell more of the Hummingbird model.
Old 06-07-11, 08:16 AM   #14
lilmule

Nobass let me know next time when at paris landing have an eagle strataView 128,you can have its been sitting for a bit as sold the boat the ducer was in.
No guarantees but the price is right-free,one version had single hookup connection for both power and ducer other one has two one for each,this is the two connection guess which ducer I saved lol.
Other than fine scratches looks great,again no use to me.
PM me for ph number am five min away from the ramp.
Old 06-07-11, 06:29 PM   #15
nobass

day late wife bought me the lowerancew mark 5 but still would like to hook up maybe we can spend a day on water. let you show me some good spots to fish there. i usaually fish cheaham lake or lick creek areal
Old 06-07-11, 07:10 PM   #16
lilmule

Well actually didnt think of it until you mentioned eagle.,also had a 555C would have sold for same money but used,difference being close by could test it prior.
Wasnt what the thread was about,was about you and a particular depth finder.
Are you by chance military?I have a friend stationed in fort campbell who lives bewteen us at Dover who likes to fish..Never even been to that lake,not from here originally.
I fish ky mostly, Barkley some, Obion river,that 350,000 acres or so kind of keeps me busy exploring.
And love to FROG.
Enjoy the new unit,its nice to treat oneself to something new every now an then.
Old 06-07-11, 07:28 PM   #17
nobass

retired military always looking for a fishing parnter. i appericate all the info you guys gave. if i had know earlier would have given your unit a shot.
Old 06-07-11, 07:59 PM   #18
lilmule

I didnt mention it as a change in thread from what you wanted to what I wanted,as for the eagle was an after thought after you mentioned that name brand.
Feel free to give me a holler if ya wanna go frogging,have extra frogs,will share.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.