Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 04-21-08, 02:35 PM   #26
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Bob, I'm sure there will be enough boats there that you can take a pic of who to ride with. I'm taking mine, modest as it may be.
Old 04-21-08, 02:39 PM   #27
MIbasser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

How far from the nearest big airport? I could fly in if somebody and pick me up.
MIbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-08, 02:47 PM   #28
WTL

Huntsville has a good airport that you could get a flight to, 60 miles from the lake and I'm sure it could be done. I'll be coming through Huntsville myself, the airpoort is right next to the Interstate which morphs into the highway that takes you to the lake.
Old 04-21-08, 03:54 PM   #29
Repoman
BassFishin.Com Member

If you fly in to Birmingham we can get you picked up. I can't help on the boating my nephew will be riding shot gun.
Repoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-08, 04:05 PM   #30
Buzz Wing

Send a message via MSN to Buzz Wing

Glad to see something like this, guys! Just wis I could make it!

-Buzz
Buzz Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-08, 05:16 PM   #31
MississippiBoy

I, also will be boatless, if I can make it. I wouldn't trust my little raft on a big lake, plus I haven't had a chance to take it out at all this year.

MIbasser, I'll have to come through Birmingham, if getting a flight there is easier than Huntsville.
MississippiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-08, 06:30 PM   #32
bamabassman

awww mississippiboy......you want me to sweet talk her? i promise i can get her to let you come. once she talks to me she'll kick you out for good, hahahaha. and then she'll want ME to stay!!!! hahaha. kidding man. now for the serious stuff. talked to baby, and she said that we can put up 4 or 5 of you. i don't care who it is. i can go anywhere on guntersville you want. we can launch at town creek, southsauty, north sauty or anywhere. the is a campground at town creek, there is a private camper camp ground at south sauty. i will get as much info as possible. and the date i think is fair enough is may 9 through 11. we all have to go to work on monday. so halfway through sunday is closing time i think. i will try to find out everything i can guys, so send me all your questions at jseaver@centurytel.net. if you can't bring your boat, i got a 20' bass boat, and a 20' pontoon boat. i have a fish fryer still in the box. and a gas grill too. got a campfire dutch oven too!! we can all pitch in with the food. and IF your wives want to come, hey, that would be great as well. they can sit around and gossip about us, lol. tell one another how bad we men are and stuff. at south sauty there is swimming pool too. so if you have a camper the would be great. i'll call them and see if they have a weekend rate (i am sure they do). and what it is. we have 3 WEEKS to get this thing on course guys. lets do it!! zooker, jb, 1fastlaser, lizzards, carolinarig, pinjig ya'll come too. the more the merrier. and maybe, just MAYBE, if kevin likes this idea. he will come as well. would love for him to attend. our treat to kevin for introducing us to each other on his wonderful site. don't ya'll agree? THIS THING COULD GET HUGE GUYS. I AM really STOKED ABOUT THIS NOW. can ya tell? hehehehe. ok, enough for now. anyone that wants to help. email me. thanks guys in advance.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-08, 07:53 PM   #33
zooker

wow the repoman reappeared...

zooker
Old 04-21-08, 08:44 PM   #34
bamabassman

come on zook....ya know ya wanna come....so come.
Old 04-21-08, 11:01 PM   #35
MississippiBoy

Ya threw me a curveball, bama. I was thinking May 2-4, not 9-11. Hmmm...that's better in one way, worse in another. Better, in that me and the wife don't have plans, worse because that's my one week per month to work Saturday. I can probably swap that without too much difficulty, though. The guys at work are much more accomodating than my wife. She's in New Orleans with her new nephew, so I can say stuff like that.
Old 04-22-08, 12:18 AM   #36
bamabassman

mississippiboy, there 's your excuse. she went to new orleans. now you get to go to gunteresville. fair right? on another note guys....just how many can come. and does anyone have a travel trailer they can bring. or tents. see i talked to my wife, and she says that if ther is enough room. everyone can come to our house. (we have it sold anyway, so one big party
Old 04-22-08, 12:30 AM   #37
bamabassman

sorry bout that. anway we have sold our house ( waiting on the money), so i want to have a big to-do before we move out. it is gonna take a minth to close anyway. so, if someone has a camper, tent or something they can park it here at the house nd i have plenty of extension cords. and a generator too (gott get it running though), it was a gift from f.em.a. (hurricane ivan). it ran a 2,000 sq ft house (except for the a/c). so it can run a couple of campers.this way we can all be together and look at the lake from our back deck (before we leave). i can sleep several. we have 1 queen bed, 1 full, 1 futon, 1 couch, and 1 single bed. and 2 air mattereses. only problem is parking and i am working on that. there is a feild across the street and the neighbor on one side are weekenders only. i will ask them if we can park some in their driveway. we will be more comfy here i think. we have alot of tables and chairs on the back deck. and we can have a campfire in the back yard. whatta think guys? i am only 5 mins from b.b. comer bridge and launch. 10 mins from another state launch. and 20 mins from southsauty. but here is a place where we can group up and the wife and i would LOVE to host. our house may be small in square footage. but we think that this would be alot of fun. the back deck is about 16 by 33 feet. and there is an area that i used to use as an office on the back of the garage that can sleep a few. sound good? let me know. i will still get what info i can about any other place if ya'll want. just let me know who, how many boats and all and i will get back to ya. thanks guys.
Old 04-22-08, 08:08 AM   #38
Bob Smith

Save me a bed! I think I might be able to pull this one off! I don't know if I will have my boat back by then, but it sounds like too much fun to miss out on. Guntersville should be on fire by then with fish in various stages of spawn and early summer.
Put me down and I'll let ya know as we get closer.
Old 04-22-08, 10:25 AM   #39
Bob Smith

Just realized a major set back for me! THAT'S Mother's DAY Weekend and big family weekend at my house, maybe the following weekend would be better?
Old 04-22-08, 10:51 AM   #40
flbassman

Sounds like a helluva trip....I won't be able to make it, what with school, work, money, and talking the folks into lettin me drive 800 miles to hang out with a bunch of folks I've never met......But if this comes up next year, I'll definitely be game.....I'm looking to graduate in December, and do a little road trippin/ gettin a job somewhere cool (I'm thinkin either logging, fishing or ranching) until I start college in the fall....
Old 04-22-08, 10:56 AM   #41
Lilmoosecountry

The only way i'm leavving the best bass fishing in the country. (MO) Is to go home & fish the best Smallmouth bass fishing in the country on Green Lake. (Wisconsin)
Lilmoosecountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-08, 11:11 AM   #42
flbassman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmoosecountry View Post
The only way i'm leavving the best bass fishing in the country. (MO)

Apparently you're forgetting Florida, Texas and Cali? And probably the Carolina's....
Old 04-22-08, 07:08 PM   #43
MississippiBoy

Ok, I'm in. The wife's ok with it, and I was able to swap weekends with another guy at work. Now I just gotta figure out how to catch a fish, and I'm good to go.

Bob, that is a good point about Mother's Day. This is the best weekend for me, since I've got something to do both the week before and the week after. HOWEVER, I DO NOT want to dictate the schedule to where somebody else can't come just to accomodate me. If it works out that a week earlier or later is better for everybody else, so be it. I'll miss it, but I'll live.

Bama, that *thunk* sound you just heard was the ball landing in your court. I figure it's your idea, your house, your home lake. so you make the call.

Well, it was Bob's idea originally a couple months ago, but you get my point...
Old 04-22-08, 10:05 PM   #44
Repoman
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker View Post
wow the repoman reappeared...

zooker
]
Yes i'm back been real busy and I need to thank you for the goodie bag
I've caught some fish with the stuff in it.
Old 04-22-08, 10:12 PM   #45
Repoman
BassFishin.Com Member

Mother's Day is just that! My wife and my mother would kick my butt if I went that weekend but I'm open to any other weekend.
Old 04-22-08, 10:35 PM   #46
ol'fisherman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ol'fisherman

bassman i'm in.gotta wait and see if i have any tournaments that weekend but if anything somebody give me some phone numbers and i get there i get a motel room and all then i call you to find out where to get tothe cookout!!!!I think it would be exciting and i would look foward to it.need some contact numbers and such though.so i know how to get in touch with some of you
ol'fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-08, 07:00 AM   #47
WTL

Don't think I could make the weekend of the 10th, lots of freinds are graduating that weekend. Can we not go a little later? Is there still some flexibility here?
Old 04-23-08, 07:49 AM   #48
Whup
BassFishin.Com Member

I'm booked up May 1st-4th.I think next weekend is Mother's Day so that is out for me too.I had completely forgot about that till Bob brought it up.
Btw,Thanks Bob! You saved me an a** chewin'.

I'm available after that tho.
Whup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-08, 11:23 AM   #49
bamabassman

well heck guys. i TOTALLY FORGOT IT WAS MOMS DAY!!! my mom is gonna whip my a$$. mississippiboy, you think that sweetie will let you come ......say.....june 6,7 and 8th? if not you come on may 9,10,11th. just you and me. we'll fish that saturday and about 3 hours sunday. then i got to high tail it to moms for mommas day. how does the other date sound guys for ALL of us? it'll have to be just the weekend. work picks up for me on may 5th and i can't take anytime off. dads birthday is june 14th. so that is out for me. and the rest of the time i too have neices and nephews graduating college and high school.so guys let me know. darn it, i really thought this through .... i thunk. mississippiboy, you're already rubbing off on me, lmao. can't think right. hahahaha.
Old 04-23-08, 12:05 PM   #50
Whup
BassFishin.Com Member

I dunno...Isn't Father's Day in June?
Whup is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.