Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-11, 12:43 PM   #1
Bluebyyou02
BassFishin.Com Member

Default What"s it Worth???? 1989 Laser

This is a boat my father owns and i am intereted in keeping it in the family. I do not know everything about the boat but will do my best to describe it. 1989 Laser II Bass Boat, dual console, Kevlar Hull. 1995 Mercury 225 3.0L EFI motor brand new out of the crate, which he has put 40 break-in hours on. Oklahoma tandom axle trailer. Boat has been garage kept it's whole life and is in immacualte shape (prolly a 8 or 9 of 10). Pictures are not great i will have to do some cleaning to dig it out and get better pictures.

Wanting to know what a fair offer is to give him for it, as there are many of you that know alot more about these boats than i do.

Thanks Matt
Attached Images

Bluebyyou02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-11, 02:06 PM   #2
MO_CPA
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Hi Bluebyyou02,

I'm no expert but here is what I think. I would be looking to get into that boat for no more than $4500-$5500. Now, if I was in your situation and it was my family or if I knew exactly how the boat was treated/maintained, I might consider going up a little on that price.

Am I that far off from what you are thinking?
Old 06-24-11, 04:57 PM   #3
Bluebyyou02
BassFishin.Com Member

Yes the boat has been very well taken care of. And my father has owned 4 of these lazers built by Larry since the early 80's. He has offered me the boat for $3000. I just want to make a wise decision on the purchase. It's not the ideal boat i would like to have, so if i can get my money back out of it after some seat time and the little maintenance it's prolly going to need i am happy with that.
Old 06-24-11, 05:19 PM   #4
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

these boats are FAST. that is probably why oyur father owned 4, lol. and they are also VERY GOOD RIGS. now 3 grand in my opion is below waht it is worth, but he IS oyur father. he is probably letting oyu have it at the "family" discount price. if oyu think it is worth a little more, pay him if oyu can. there USED to be a feller on here that absolutly LOVED these rigs. his name is 1fastlaser. haven't seen him or heard from him in well over a year. another site oyu can see what others think it's worth is bassboatcentral. check it out and see waht they think. i am like mo cpa, i htink 4500.00 is pretty fair. but i ain't no boat expert. ol 1fastlaser would LOVE to get that rig in his shop......with a merc on the tail end....he would make it SCREAM on the water man.
Old 06-24-11, 08:05 PM   #5
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Yeah agree,its a price in family.
Worth more than what the books say as a sought after screamnfly type boat,sort of a classic hotrod.So actual demand not what books say.
I heard from 1fast last fall,but that was the last time,he inquired about a link I had posted about omc lowers.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-11, 08:28 AM   #6
Bluebyyou02
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks guys. Yeah i know they are fast boats, i have been around them my whole life. As a kid my dad and his friends all had Lazer's and raced up and down the Brazos River. He had an 85 LTV with an XR4 150 that ran mid 80's, and this boat runs in the low to mid 90's. I figured 1Fastlaser or Alley would comment in here somewhere. Just making sure that when i get ready to get rid of the boat it is worth something. I would really like to get a Scream-n-fly type rig, STV, Hydro Stream!!!!!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.