Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 06-01-12, 06:17 AM   #26
Bassin' Gal
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Thank you Kenneth. I do roam all over the forums. In 99.9% of the cases, I don't feel I have enough knowledge to chime in. I just lurk and try to learn. I followed the antics of everyone on here for about 8 - 10 months before I actually registered. There just aren't many places for women to discuss bass fishing and many men prefer that we keep our opinions to ourselves.
Bassin' Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-12, 06:29 AM   #27
kennethdaysale
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassin' Gal View Post
Thank you Kenneth. I do roam all over the forums. In 99.9% of the cases, I don't feel I have enough knowledge to chime in. I just lurk and try to learn. I followed the antics of everyone on here for about 8 - 10 months before I actually registered. There just aren't many places for women to discuss bass fishing and many men prefer that we keep our opinions to ourselves.
I understand. My wife is an avid fisher and quite skillful for a beginner. We spend at least one day a week out in the boat together. She is an educated, articulate professional R.N. and hates the attitude she gets from most men regarding her fishing. I think you'll find out that most of the guys that post here however don't have that good ol'boy attitude. I've posted pics and stories here about her exploits and I've seen lots of other guys doing the same.
Old 06-01-12, 06:51 AM   #28
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

bassin gal.....TRUST me when i say that EVERYONE here would LOVE to read your comments on what you do. as oyu already know, my wife outfishes me and i am PROUD of her for doing so. she was raised on the beach, didn't fish much. but after i got her out catching bass, she LOVES it.

so please give us oyur insight. some of us (yes ME,lol) need all the help we can get.

kenneth said it very well too.

i think that truly, more of us "good ol boys" would LOVE it if our wives were more into fishing than they claim. my wife is my best friend, and we have a blast out on the water when she can get out. it kills her that she can't get out like she used to. if oyu have read about her oyu know why, so i won't go into detail here and now.

post up your thoughts please.... and post up as many pictures as oyu can. another thing we love to see is pics of fish, boats and folks having a great time out on the water.
Old 06-01-12, 07:23 PM   #29
woody

Hey Bassin Gal, like Bama said, most of us would like to hear what you have to say... Your opinion counts, ok... And if anyone on here gives you any problem, rest assured, we will take care of them for you, alright.

-Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-12, 08:59 PM   #30
Bassin' Gal

Thanks guys. I really appreciate it. And Bama, I have noticed how y'all talk about your wives fishing with you but I never see them post anything. It is probably a good thing we don't live closer or she and I might give you and my hubby a run for your money. We are origanlly from north AL and love fishing Guntersville and the TN river. Have lived in southern KY for 7 years and are just too far away (2+ hours) from Kentucky Lake and Barkley. We do the best we can on the little lake about 30 mins. from us. Heading out early tomorrow morning with my best friend of the last 28 years. He bought me my first chatter bait today. He does know the way to my heart.
Old 06-01-12, 09:34 PM   #31
IowaBasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassin' Gal View Post
Hey... a great way to learn is to make mistakes - I've posted several of my novice opinions only to start a great discussion and learn a great deal from people who chime in with more detail; sometimes validating my original opinion and sometimes explainging why they thought my opinion was wrong.

99% of the time the people on this forumn are respectful and when they disagree with something I have posted they respond in way to help me learn, not make me feel more stupiter.

With family, work, and typically a 2+ hour drive to fish; my time on the water is precious. What I learn on-line can eliminate time wasted on the water experimenting.
Old 06-01-12, 10:15 PM   #32
bamabassman

well believe me...it don't take much to ourfish me bassin gal, hahahaa. lisa is a mamber here, but she is real busy at the moment...well over the last few months really. one of her sisters is fighting breast cancer. take a look at my posts on the matter. she also had a kidney transplant almost 4 yrs ago, so she can't get out in the sun like she used to.

it's ok, jsut wanted you to know a little aobut us. her name is MRS. BAMABASSMAN. but she also doesn't get online much anyway. lol, she hates computers i think. hahaha.

and i absolutly LOVE guntersville lake. one day i hope and pray to retire either ON or as close to it as possible. we had a hosue on a bluff overlooking b.b.comer area. but had to move to help take care of lisa's parents and them help us with lisa's transplant and so on and so forth. it's a long story, another time.

but if you guys are ever this way, PLEASE let me know, i'll set up the little "tourny" and that way you gals can boast on here how ya'll whupped us fellers, hahaha.

kentucky lake is AWESUM! we fished it one year for our annual ZOOKERFEST (then jsut called the get together event). we had a BLAST. one day we'll gather there again, and you guys can attend.

iowabasser is dead on wiht his post too. look....although i on here and post a lot, i never have claimed ot be a great bassfisherman, round here i am more known as the DINK MASTER, hahaha. so go ahead and post oyur thoughts, ask whatever you want to know.

jsut don't take what i say as "the" thing to do. hahaha. have fun above all.
Old 06-02-12, 08:10 PM   #33
Bassin' Gal

I have seen your posts about your sister-in-law. I certainly understand that such things take precedence over fishing. I missed most of the spring fishing due to my dad's health. But certainly wouldn't have missed being with him and my mom when they needed me. I hope your families find good health in the very near future.

Went out today and hubby took me to the woodshed. Thought he was going to skunk me till the very end. The three I got put together would have made one small keeper. Oh well, next time . . . . LOL!
Old 06-02-12, 11:29 PM   #34
bamabassman

keep slinging gal. i'm sure you'll get hubby next trip. if oyu want to read more about me, jsut go under member list and then oyu can find my posts.

at least YOU got to go fishing today,lol. i spent ALLLL day cutting grass....or in our case WEEDS. hahaha.
Old 06-03-12, 12:27 PM   #35
Bill M

My wife has out-fished me many times, darn senkos, I throw other lures to hook a lunker and she drags a senko at the weeds and yells "Get the net", go figure.My buddy and myself had her on the boat in upstate NY, by lunch she had 10 in the boat and we had 2 each, she put her rod down and said "I will wait until you guys catch up", we thought of throwing her overboard
Bill M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-12, 03:34 PM   #36
WatterBoy

Welcome to the site, Bassin' Gal. Glad to have you aboard! My wife loves to fish also. She grew up fishing walleye with her dad and brother, but I have converted her to a basser most of the time now.

Dean
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-12, 05:11 PM   #37
lilmule

Yeah we all wanna know, got any pink frogs?
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-12, 05:16 PM   #38
Bassin' Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M View Post
My wife has out-fished me many times, darn senkos, I throw other lures to hook a lunker and she drags a senko at the weeds and yells "Get the net", go figure.My buddy and myself had her on the boat in upstate NY, by lunch she had 10 in the boat and we had 2 each, she put her rod down and said "I will wait until you guys catch up", we thought of throwing her overboard
Good for her! I don't think I would have been brave enough to make that statement though. I am directionally challenged and my husband knows all he has to do is put me out of the boat and I would never find my way back to the boat ramp. In all truthfulness, we are more tickled with the other having a good outing than our we are for ourselves. He just has that touch or instinct or whatever you call it that has thus far eluded me. Maybe it will rub off on me one of these days.
Old 06-03-12, 05:19 PM   #39
Bassin' Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmule View Post
Yeah we all wanna know, got any pink frogs?

No pink frogs here. The lake we fish 90% of the time has no grass, pads or anything else to use frogs on. I will admit that every now and then I will dig through the tackle and find something that I think is a "pretty color" to fish with. That is exactly what I did when I caught the freak fish in this post. Pumpkin red super hog.
Old 06-04-12, 05:24 PM   #40
Bill M

We both bust each other on the water and all in fun, its great when she out fishes me, she can flip docks with the best of them
Bill M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-12, 07:27 AM   #41
Bassin' Gal

I admit to razzing hubby pretty good sometimes but can honestly say he has never done the same. He is just too sweet to ever do that. If he weren't such a good soul he would never have the patience to put up with trying to teach me to fish.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.