Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 02-02-09, 10:00 PM   #1
Tennessee
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Water Temp questions

12 days ago water temps 39-41 next week it will be in the mid to high 50's even climbing in to the high 60's 2 days....but dropping down to 40's at night this weather will be here for about 8 days looks like. what would you guess the water temp might be at at on the last day????

I would like to think the water might make it to mid 40's but hoping for better temps

Later Will
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-09, 10:15 PM   #2
flfireman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Depending on depth. Most waters take a few days to creep back up and that's with the sun hitting them. We had a run of 10 days or so w/ sunny sky's and water on Thurs was only 64. You are in a colder climate than me, so I wouldn't expect to see a big change.
Old 02-03-09, 05:05 AM   #3
S4il
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Fishing at this time is best when the Sun it at its highest, that being Afternoon, so if you do go out, naturally it would be smart too target the side of the lake that is going to see the most sunlight first, I've also heard too look for darker water,- with a darker colored bottom, It holds the warmth of the sun better than others bottoms, I guess one way of looking at is, a black car in mid summer is always going to be Much hotter inside the car, than a car thats White.

I hear also fishing rip rap or area's where large concrete rocks, (chunk rock) enter into the water from the shore line, This type of rock acts as a Buffer for warm spring rains, catching the natural acids from run offs of all sorts and filtering the water before it enters the main body of the lake, river, or whatever it is your fishing.

Not sure if this applies to lakes in your area but its always good to look for.

Check the weather reports Often, Things can change over night. But again i would fish In, Or around Mid afternoon, perhaps on Clear sunny blue bird days would be the best, the ones that indicate a Front (cold or warm) has just passed threw, With high feather like Cirrus clouds are present, I hate days like that In mid summer, When those blue bird days can really push bass deep, or have em running closer into and around cover, But i think it has the opposite affect when spring is approaching and the water gradually warms as the days grow longer and more sunlight has been able to heat up the body of water.
Old 02-03-09, 09:51 AM   #4
BassAddict
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

It's going to be in the 60's here this weekend. You can bet I'm going to wet a line!
Old 02-03-09, 04:29 PM   #5
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Just real real general here; I have noticed in the past during feb that water temp tends to often be close to the average lows at night. Not sure there is a real correlation, but it tends to happen that way.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.