Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-05, 11:32 PM   #1
sabass
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to sabass
Default My Home Lake tonight, 3 fish

took ole jonny out to the lake today, jonny still ain't leaking despite banging up the transom last time I was out.
Anyway, first fish of the day was caught on a tiny fluke around some cat tails, the little bugger nailed it almost as soon as it hit the water. For only being a pound, he put up a helluva fight, but it wasn't any match for the power pro, I shoulda just jerked him in the boat instead of toying with him.

Second fish was bigger and more fun. Caught him on a super fluke, near a grass line with a good drop off. I was watching the line the entire time and never saw the bite, luckily, power pro doesn't stretch so the next twitch of the fluke was enough to set the hook, and surprise the hell outta me as I wasn't expecting to feel something so solid. He put up a good fight for 4 lbs, but again, no match to the power pro.

Third fish wasn't the biggest but certainly the most fun. He was about 2 lbs. Caught him on a small buzz bait running parelel to the shore line/grass line where the grass just sits on the top of the water while opening up underneath. I saw the ripple from the grass line heading straight towards the buzzer and nailed it. Caught him after a LONG cast so it was a LONG fight. I'll skip the details of the fight so I can tell about his jump. I saw him change direction yet the line wasn't getting tighter, actually a little loose, could tell he was gonna jump, kept on realing and as soon as I saw that head break the water I tugged the pole to tighten the line even more so as not to throw the lure, this helped propel him every bit of 4 feet outta the water, maybe even 5. The landing was great as it was hot and he was close enough at this point to splash me.

Wish I could call in sick tomorrow. Can't wait to get out there again. By the way, this is a small 20-30 acre lake in the middle of a neighborhood. Most people on the lake seemed shocked when I tell them there are fish in there. The lake is slap full of cat tails and has plenty of brush growing well into the lake at parts. Plenty of cover. Even caught a Greater Siren outta the lake, uggliest fish......errr salamander I've ever seen.
sabass is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.