Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bass Classifieds

Old 01-20-12, 11:52 PM   #1
champman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Question WTB pedal recess tray

Hey Folks, does anybody out there have a trolling motor foot pedal tray lying around and want to sell. I want to install one in my CHAMPION and thought I'd try the second hand market before I laid out the cash for a new one. Please let me know. e-mail to ..... bassfshrm@yahoo.com thanks ,Bill
champman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-12, 10:10 AM   #2
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Good luck on the hunt in the secondary market. I've only seen one offered in the last 2 years, that one by a guy that wass AFRAID to cut his deck after he made the purchase. It wasn't offerd at much of a discount and after shipping, costs about equal to buying it new. May be a possibility to find one from a scrapped or wrecked boat, but that will be a stretch.

There are many brands to choose from, I installed a Troll Well tray (there are cheaper ones) in my Triton - because theirs are fiberglass rather than metal and come in a variety of colors (they can match just about any boat color at an extra charge). http://trollwell.com/

One additional note: the pic on the webpage does not show the drain hole. There is one in the rear of the pan. When originally produced the drain hole was in the front of the pan and it did collect water. Several buyers noted that problem and the manufacturer changed the design. I actually drilled a new hole in the rear of the pan and plugged the front one - which eleimnated the issue for me.

Installation is very easy, takes about an hour. Making the first cut is the hardest, but once past that it's a breeze. It will take the strain off your back, and for me made maintaing balance while on the pedal easier. When you install, add a rubber (rod saver type) strap or bungie cord to secure the pedal in the tray, before you make a run. It will come out of there in rough water and bounce around your deck. Not a good thing.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-12, 10:33 AM   #3
champman

Hey Boogie, I figured there wouldn't be one out there , but you just don't know until you ask. You know these days if you can save a buck, you save a buck. I have looked at three or four models. I will most likely go with Troll- Eze or Comfortroll. Thanks for the helpfull information on the installation prosess. Bill
Old 01-21-12, 12:23 PM   #4
kennethdaysale

Hey guys...I'm thinking of making one....how deep are they usually? ie how much of the pedal do you want sticking up while at full tilt?

**edit** nevermind...found the dimensions on a comfortroll at TW...4"...time to break out the bondo!

Last edited by kennethdaysale; 01-21-12 at 12:44 PM.
kennethdaysale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-12, 08:02 PM   #5
aikenyounggun

Random question? What year and model is your champion?

And good luck
Old 01-23-12, 07:15 PM   #6
champman

It's a 1989- model 18 4- w/ 175 merc black max
Old 01-24-12, 01:12 PM   #7
Ranger Guy
BassFishin.Com Member

I installed a Troll-Eze in my boat 2 years ago. Best thing I ever did. Its made from 1/8" aluminum. I am way more of a metal person then fiberglass or plastic and the aluminum will never have issues. They come in powder coated black or you can sand, paint & clear coat to your desired color. It has 6 mounting holes for the deck then you mark and drill your 2 holes for your pedal. It has a fitting welded in for the drain and I installed a peice of tubing and ran it into my front drain area and it works fine.

I found it very easy to install. If you are pretty handy you will not have any issue. I think it was around 75.00 when I purchased mine. I looked at all of them and it was my choice. Works great and I would purchase again.

Old 01-24-12, 01:58 PM   #8
bassboogieman

Quote:
I am way more of a metal person then fiberglass
I didn't know Ranger made Alum boats.
Just messin' wit ya.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.