Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 05-08-05, 10:21 AM   #1
Stan
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Stan
Default bull$&*! overseas

u know i thought i had heard it all...but apparently not...as some may know i am in the army stationed overseas...i got arrested today for having an open beer in the back of a cab..to top it all off they cuffed us searched us and hauled us in like we were convicts....its ok to go shoot people but be d@#ed if u have an open beer...lol...what is the world comin too...i had to sit there for 6 hours waitin on my sergeant to come pick me up....what a life... > ok u can have ur soap box back now..... ;D

crazy in korea
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-05, 10:40 AM   #2
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default Re: bull$&*! overseas

what the koreans arrested you? damn koreans ;D so your not allowed to have an opened beer in the back of a cab in korea? thats BS. well, good thing you got out of jail, bad that you had to wait 6 hours :P
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-05, 11:38 AM   #3
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zman

We can't have open containers in alabama either, but, if I were a Korean police officer and I saw an American with a beer, I would thank him and offer to buy him another because its those same American troops that have been baby-sitting the 38th parallel for 45 years.
zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-05, 12:21 PM   #4
jeffman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jeffman

WTL,

Foreigners are all the same. They don't want Americans in thier country, they only want American dollars in thier country. By arresting this GI, they had another chance to milk an American out of money. There is a very good chance that if the person in the cab was Korean, he would not have gotten a second look.

JackL
jeffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-05, 12:44 PM   #5
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zman

I had to room with a guy from Souel (sp) south Korea for a semester. He was a nice guy, but I asked him once about the situation with north korea and he brushed it all off, said they were no big deal.

zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-05, 06:04 PM   #6
jeffman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jeffman

WTL,
You should have asked him, if it is no big deal, why didn't they use the guns we sent them to defend thier country instead of selling them on the black market, then sitting on thier butt until the US came over to defend them??? And we have been defending them since 1949 until the present day!

JackL
jeffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-05, 08:40 AM   #7
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=JackL link=board=Tourneys;num=1115558499;start=0#5 date=05/08/05 at 17:04:09]WTL,
You should have asked him, if it is no big deal, why didn't they use the guns we sent them to defend thier country instead of selling them on the black market, then sitting on thier butt until the US came over to defend them??? And we have been defending them since 1949 until the present day!

JackL[/quote]

Well said!

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-05, 02:18 PM   #8
fredhatch
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fredhatch

AMEN!!!!! Jackl. Dude that does suck. I hate to say this but that **** happens all over the world. Primarily it's for the reason already said. We are AMERICANS, if it was someone from that country they probably would have handed the cop the extra one. Now what? Is there a court trial? a fine? jail? How is the military handling it? Hang in there, keep us posted. Oh, by the way if they send you to jail-------------------DONT DROP THE SOAP!!!!!. 8)
fredhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-05, 06:04 PM   #9
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

yep we are just drunken lazy *** american's. but we are the riches nation in the world-i think we can afford to be drunken and lazy-just ask our resident canadian-zilla-why he left the canadian army..

snactcher
find you some reading material any thing written by earl pitts. he pretty much will explain it to ya.

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-05, 08:55 PM   #10
Stan
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Stan

well my captain said he could give 2 ****s about them...he is not gonna do anything to me because he has done the same thing countless times...i just have to stand up in front of my company and let everyone know that your not supposed to drink in cabs.....lol....
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-05, 10:05 PM   #11
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

lmao, sounds like you have a pretty nice captain. does he tollerate humor? if he does, i could think of a bunch of good was to turn that little speech into a entertaining time ;D ;D anyways, good thing you dont have to go to jail, and all of you are safe over there. thank you and tell all of the other men and women over there thanks for me.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-05, 02:26 PM   #12
redneck13
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to redneck13

How about if we pull out and let the North Koreans take over?I'm sure they'll forget about that beer.
redneck13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.