Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 02-17-10, 08:01 PM   #26
TN_Bassin
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I mainly use War Eagles, but I like the Strike King KVD series. Bought one of those Lucky Craft Redemptions at Bass Pro yesterday and I really like the way it looks. Really looking forward to sing it when I can get on the water next.
http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/descp...UCKY-LCRS.html

I use a double Willowleaf when I'm fishing grass and wood and pretty much everywhere else. When the water is chocolate I will throw a spinnerbait with a big colorado blade on it.
Old 02-24-10, 12:45 PM   #27
Garry2rs
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Since you are having trouble, let me suggest that you buy a couple of Premier Plus spinnerbaits from Strike King. These are very good baits and you can have complete confidence in them. Get one White and Chartreuse, this is the most popular combo in America and you can't go wrong with it. The colour of the second bait will depend on what catches your eye or the local forage. I like Gold Shiner, Fire Tiger and Sexy Shad...Don't worry about the blades. First you need to go and catch some fish. Once you have confidence in the bait you can experiment with painted vs. plain, hammered vs. smooth, single vs. double, Colorado vs. Willow etc. etc. etc.
Good Luck
Garry2R's
Garry2rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-10, 08:30 PM   #28
hooked2132
BassFishin.Com Member

I'm not a good spinnerbait fisherman either this is awesome information! I gotta go pick up some more spinnerbaits to increase my selection.
hooked2132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-10, 11:36 PM   #29
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked2132 View Post
I'm not a good spinnerbait fisherman either this is awesome information! I gotta go pick up some more spinnerbaits to increase my selection.

Yes! Welcome to the spinnerbait revolution! Or something.....
Old 02-26-10, 09:16 AM   #30
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN Bass Man View Post
Anyone tried this? Cool concept, seems like a sound idea, but is it just a gimmick?

MegaStrike Strike Back Spinnerbaits
Looks pretty cool, but on thing I don't like about them. The wire and blades are to far away from the skirt and hook, but you can bend it down if need be.
Old 02-26-10, 10:12 AM   #31
doc
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Strike King Mr, Money
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-10, 11:35 PM   #32
jigfishinkid
BassFishin.Com Member

Go with a booyah bleeding lake shad in stained water... always a good color.
jigfishinkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-10, 09:11 PM   #33
Gone Fishin
BassFishin.Com Member

Guys I am brand new here (approximately 2 minutes) but have been reading your forums for over a year. Don't know why it took me so long to join but here I am. A lot of good stuff here. Had to weigh in on this though cause I am a HUGE spinnerbait fan. I am a War Eagle man myself. I will admit the wire on them is very thin and have had a few break on me but I catch far more fish with them then any other brand (I like to think they broke cause of the amount of fish I caught with em.lol). I go with the 1/2 ounce spot remover or hot mouse (both have chartreuse) with a chartreuse twin tail trailer. Blade selection varies with conditions for me. I really focus on my skirts having that "shimmer" effect to them. I figure the more they look like a fish the better!! Main thing is keeping trying till you find what you are confident in cause thats what really counts!!!
Gone Fishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-10, 10:01 PM   #34
Arkie Bass Buster
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone Fishin View Post
Guys I am brand new here (approximately 2 minutes) but have been reading your forums for over a year. Don't know why it took me so long to join but here I am. A lot of good stuff here. Had to weigh in on this though cause I am a HUGE spinnerbait fan. I am a War Eagle man myself. I will admit the wire on them is very thin and have had a few break on me but I catch far more fish with them then any other brand (I like to think they broke cause of the amount of fish I caught with em.lol). I go with the 1/2 ounce spot remover or hot mouse (both have chartreuse) with a chartreuse twin tail trailer. Blade selection varies with conditions for me. I really focus on my skirts having that "shimmer" effect to them. I figure the more they look like a fish the better!! Main thing is keeping trying till you find what you are confident in cause thats what really counts!!!
Went ahead and changed the name to something a little more "me". lol. Just picked a generic name for my post cause it was spur of the moment.
Arkie Bass Buster is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.