Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-05, 09:52 PM   #1
kentucky_bass_man
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to kentucky_bass_man
Default Weekly Lake Fork Fishing Report

Well, the fishing has been a little different this year. The cold fronts have prolonged the spawn and caused the fish to scatter. There are fish all over the place. I am catching fish in two foot out to 30 foot. The top water bite has been different this year also. It has not been as good for me this year as years past. I am covering water with every kind of top water and catching a few. The weightless baits have been better for me than any other bait. Weightless Lake Fork Tackle Ring fries, flukes, and the Wave worm Tiki Stick have been as good bait as any. Split shoting them sometimes has been a good choice sometimes. The small crank baits that dive three to five feet are working over the grass. The key is to slow roll them like a spinner bait. Texas rig and Carolina rigs fished out over fifteen to thirty feet of water over humps and main lake points have been good. The drop shot has been productive in the deep water so keep this in mind. With the warming trend it should help to get the fish where they should be. This is also a time you can try almost anything and get bit.
The crappie are out in 18 foot of water and they are running small with a few keeper fish mixed in.
I still have some May dates this month open and some June dates left if you want to go fishing give me a call.
Jim Reaneau
1-888-918-5088
kentucky_bass_man is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.