Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 10-03-06, 09:20 AM   #1
Kevin
Administrator

Arrow Q4 BassFishin.Com Big Bass Forum Tournament

WELCOME TO THE
BassFishin.Com 4th Quarter: 2006
Big Bass Forum Tournament

Member Anglers Will Try Their Luck To Catch the Biggest Largemouth or Smallmouth For the Fourth Quarter of 2006! All Forum Members Are Eligible To Participate and the Tournament Is FREE!

There will be a first place prize for both:
  • Biggest Largemouth Bass
  • Biggest Smallmouth Bass
Eligible Tournament Timeline For All Catches:
October 1st - December 31st, 2006

First Place Prizes For Both Biggest Largemouth And Smallmouth:

www.prosoftbaitglue.com - www.fishboy.com - www.pcbaits.com

If you would like to add additional prizes to the pot, please contact Rebbasser or Kevin. Any prize is welcome!

All fish must be caught on a rod and reel using artificial bait. A picture will be required, and weights will be determined using the formula found here:

BassFishin.Com Forum Tournament Weight Calculator

So take a tape measure with you. Scale weights will NOT be accepted since different scales can give different weights due to different calibrations.

Big Bass Forum Tournament Rules & Suggestions:
Each member who catches a large bass for submission in the tournament, must take a picture of that bass alongside their driver's license (or fishing license or any other personal identification) to ensure the bass in the photo belongs to the member who caught it. If you do not have such ID readily available, write your username and "BassFishin.Com" on a piece of paper and use that (this is last resort). The length and girth measurements and ID of any photo submissions must be CLEARLY visible... We recommend taking multiple shots at varying distances to ensure the capture of a clear and detailed photo meeting the requirements.

Minimum Photos Needed For Inclusion:
1. Length measurement
2. Girth measurement
3. ID verification

How To Measure Your Catch Properly For the Tournament:
To measure the length in inches, place the bass on top of your tape measure. Close the fish's mouth completely and pinch the tail fin together like shown in the diagram below. For the girth in inches, wrap the tape measure around the stomach of the bass at the point it is most fat. Refer to the diagram below. Be sure to get clear photos of the exact measurements.

There is no limit on the number of fish you can enter in the tournament!

This tournament will be on the honor system, so let your conscience be your guide.

DON'T THINK YOU CAN CATCH THE BIG BASS???
We believe that no matter where you live, you have a great shot at winning this tournament. However, we understand that some parts of the country have bigger fish than others. So to add to the excitement and participation of the tournament, we will also be providing a prize (assortment of baits) to a contestant who weighed-in the largest fish from a randomly selected state other than the state(s) the first-prize fish came from! How's that for incentive!!!

The ranking members of the forums have the right to question any and all submissions in an attempt to maintain a fair competition.

A special thanks to the hard work of the many BassFishin.Com members who have made this and past forum tournaments a reality. Thanks to Rebbasser for his hard work in starting this Big Bass Tourney and thanks to JB for the great idea!

Old 10-03-06, 06:57 PM   #2
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

ok boys it is the last quarter..time to pull out all the stops. quit complaing and put forth the effort..

we all know that summer fishing is tough. but that is over the fall feed is on now get out there and catch some fish..

zooker
Old 10-05-06, 08:59 PM   #3
flfireman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Yeah so true, but it still feels like summer here. The SOUTH is gonna rise again, by this I mean way south.......Florida style.
Old 10-05-06, 09:59 PM   #4
WTL

The true Southerner disowned most of the state of Florida long ago. Of course its no coincidence that we still do recognize many of the areas with good fishing as being southern, but as for that Miami west palm beach crap they might as well go ahead and start sending their taxes to Newark instead of Tallahassee cause they arent southern.
Old 10-06-06, 01:09 PM   #5
adamgambill
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Name:  werd.gif
Views: 681
Size:  663 Bytes Couldnt agree more. Fished my hole with a feller from California the other day. I see why its called the granola state. Take all the fruits and nuts out all you have left is the flakes.
Old 10-06-06, 04:06 PM   #6
flbassman

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
The true Southerner disowned most of the state of Florida long ago. Of course its no coincidence that we still do recognize many of the areas with good fishing as being southern, but as for that Miami west palm beach crap they might as well go ahead and start sending their taxes to Newark instead of Tallahassee cause they arent southern.
I've disowned the majority of the state south of ocala. Still a few crackers back in the glades, and in some little hicktowns outside tampa.... Jacksonville is definitely the south. Unfortunately, more and more northerners are coming in, and it's growing more suburban every day. There's a few counties they'll never kick all the good ole boys out of though.
Old 10-06-06, 04:16 PM   #7
flbassman

Here's a map... Blacked out is disowned, red is a rebel stronghold.... If its in a blacked out area, ut it isn't blacked out, like some places on the west coast, it's an accident, and those places are disowned. I ought to clean this map up and send it to Jebby.... He can sell those places to new york and cuba....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fl.gif
Views:	410
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	838  
Old 10-06-06, 07:17 PM   #8
Christopherkeene9

Man you blacked out Brevard county that ain't cool!
Christopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-06, 08:00 PM   #9
flbassman

There's some room for error, this is a general map judging by what I've seen. Brevard has some jerks living in massive waterfront homes... Turned the sprinklers on us for flipping their dock....
Old 10-06-06, 09:34 PM   #10
Christopherkeene9

I'd turn the sprinklers on too if you knew the kind of crap they have to put up with!
Old 10-07-06, 05:49 PM   #11
flbassman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopherkeene9 View Post
I'd turn the sprinklers on too if you knew the kind of crap they have to put up with!

We were on public water, in a private boat, throwing shrimp near their dock. They were not outside, or anywhere in sight. All of a sudden, we're soaking wet, and there's some guy running down the dock yelling at us. Please enlighten me to the crap they put up with.... As little public access to water as there is for the average guy, these guys who can fish some of the best water in the world off their back porch, then go inside to a multimillion dollar house can be kind to people who are quietly drifting through and throwing shrimp near their property.....
Old 10-07-06, 06:21 PM   #12
bassguy2004
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamgambill View Post
Attachment 837 Couldnt agree more. Fished my hole with a feller from California the other day. I see why its called the granola state. Take all the fruits and nuts out all you have left is the flakes.
Please choose your words wisely, I live in California and not everyone here is the way you discribe them. Don't take an entire state and it's populace and make that sort of umbrella comment. I do not make offensive statments about the population of the state of Texas.
Old 10-07-06, 07:58 PM   #13
Christopherkeene9

Well they get treble hook lures thrown into their couple thousand dollar boats and yank out! Stuff stolen off their docks. Line in their props from peoples break offs and carelessness.

I see where your coming from and TOTALLY agree but you gotta look at their side of it too!
Old 10-08-06, 08:00 PM   #14
BassMoJo
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to BassMoJo

19 ins 4.2lbs 14 girth

BassMoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-06, 08:19 PM   #15
tenmilefisher
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via MSN to tenmilefisher Send a message via Yahoo to tenmilefisher
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassguy2004 View Post
Please choose your words wisely, I live in California and not everyone here is the way you discribe them. Don't take an entire state and it's populace and make that sort of umbrella comment. I do not make offensive statments about the population of the state of Texas.

i agree with you. there are good poeple and bad poeple every where you go, but you cant put them all in one category because of a state or town you had a bad run in with. its not fair to the good poeple that they are badly branded for the crappy poeple in there city,state or world for that matter.labeling is a big part of the problem that causes issues like this and this is supposed to be a fishing forum. lets keep it a clean forum and friendly.
tenmilefisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-06, 08:21 PM   #16
tenmilefisher
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via MSN to tenmilefisher Send a message via Yahoo to tenmilefisher

nice fish bassmojo. good luck in the tourney
tenmilefisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-06, 08:22 PM   #17
WTL

Good work MoJo, just post it in the weight in thread below.
Old 10-08-06, 11:31 PM   #18
flfireman

I take major offense to the blackening of Brevard county. Ive been in Jville. The city is not all it's cracked up to be. Yeah there are a holes everywhere. I have been to J ville to fish and basically been told to pound sand by the local good ol boys for asking questions.
Old 10-09-06, 03:35 PM   #19
flbassman

I have nothing personally against brevard. This is just a general southerness meter i whipped up in response to a post..... The town I live in, fruit cove, in NW st.johns county, is blacked out. I'm sure there are good people in brevard, but from what I have seen, it isn't a very southern area.
Old 10-15-06, 12:15 PM   #20
Vabass22

Bassmojo, I see you have geese in your pond. Dint you hate them d@^n things!
Vabass22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.