Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 10-02-05, 07:00 PM   #26
NJBassDevil
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HulaPopr
5. Idiots like Mike Ike who are trying to make the sport look like something that it isn't.
Ok buddy, don't go that far. Mike Ike just likes to get into the sport as much as he can. He gets you exited about catching that big hawg(even tho he yells at 1lb fish) that it makes you want to go out and fish extra hard. In my opinion he is a vital part of bass fishing today.
Old 10-02-05, 07:01 PM   #27
Fishie
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

5 better
1. Forums and Internet that let you learn more and interact with people who like to fish!Also not to metion let you study lakes and get reports.
2. The sport is getting a lot bigger and payouts are bigger for the tournaments than in the past also the new anglers who are bringing some youth to the sport.
3. New lures that come out and better equipment and ifo.
4. More TV time for fishing shows on saturdays
5. Fish conservation

Worst

1. peope who don't have any sense of conservation at all and keep all the fish they catch.
2. People who act like they own the water or something
3. People who litter and dont care about the lakes
4. Gas prices
5. The sport is still somewhat looked upon by people as a southern drunk boys game.
Old 10-03-05, 08:05 AM   #28
River stumps
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie
5. The sport is still somewhat looked upon by people as a southern drunk boys game.
The ones that stereotype any sport to be less that what it is, are the ones that have never taken their children to the Lake (or cared enough) to spend time with them at the ball field long enough to understand what the sport is all about. If any parent is reading this forum, then you as a parent should stop and take notice of the many young men that are spending their free time doing the things that will help them to become better persons...
Old 10-03-05, 01:02 PM   #29
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBassDevil
Ok buddy, don't go that far. Mike Ike just likes to get into the sport as much as he can. He gets you exited about catching that big hawg(even tho he yells at 1lb fish) that it makes you want to go out and fish extra hard. In my opinion he is a vital part of bass fishing today.
First off have you ever asked or talked to other "Pro's" who compete with him, and asked their opinion of his antics or what he does when he catches a fish when not on camera? I have personally talked with three different Pro's who have fished against him, and I believe he is the most unliked Pro by the other Pro's on tour. He is always looking out for himself, and has no desire to help anyone else out. He is a LOUDMOUTH on the Camera, but doesn't act like that when prefishing So the fact is he is acting for the camera and audience. Yes he has introduced some younger folks into Bass fishing,(not sure they are any better than he is though because of their attitudes and antics) and without a doubt he is one of the top Pro's on the tour. But I don't care how good he is, plain old consideration, and thoughtfulness for others is definately lacking in his attributes. I also talked to a Gentleman who fished in a tourney with him as a back boater. Ike's first words out of his mouth were, sit down and relax, because that's all the fish your gonna get today. So again it isn't about being a good and decent person, and allow the guy in the back(who paid to be here too) a chance, it was all about him. So you can go fishing with Mike , then tell me how great he is after that.

Lizards
Old 10-03-05, 07:24 PM   #30
pig n jig

• best
  • [1]people at this site, I have learned alot from you guys
  • [2]Braided lines
  • [3]fishing license was still $19.00 for next year
  • [4]Gas prices are keeping the cottage people drinking more beer and less jet ski's and boating
  • [5]My boat is still working and is still getting me out on the water to fish every chance I get.
  • Bad
  • [1]alot of trash left by fisherman
  • [2]Gosh Darned kayaks and canoes going in between me and shore where I am fishing
  • [3]Fishing tackle is beginning to be more high dollar items
  • [4]My wife sicked the dog on me, thinking I was a salesman or another religious person giving out free pamplets to those who will take one.
  • [5]Moonpies are getting harder to find around here, They claim its because my area didn't vote for Pres. Bush, so we gots to fish without moon pies.
  • P N J

Last edited by pig n jig; 10-04-05 at 03:38 PM.
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-05, 07:37 PM   #31
River stumps

[quote=pig n jig]

1. [2]God Damned kayaks and canoes going in between me and shore where I am fishing

• My Friend! This a a family oriented forum, and this kind of language is not accepted by most that read these post. Thank you and happy fishing.
Old 10-04-05, 03:39 AM   #32
LowDownSOB
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Robzilla!!!

Being a Tlingit Native myself, and seeing you're from Canada, I would think you would have a better understanding of what it is to preserve Native rights.
Natives net out of either necessity or culture preservation and nothing more.
If you want to blame gill nets and over fishing, blame the big fishing company's that rape the oceans and sell to the highest bidder. The Corporations that supply seafood for your family to enjoy via the local grocery store are the ones who need to be discussed in forums. Native Americans have every right to continue to practice whatever it is they deem necessary for either sustenance or religious reasons. The Native way of life is neither a burden on wildlife, nor should it have to be justified to the ignorant and misinformed like yourself. Take an honest look at what the Natives take from the land, is it really something you feel should be taken away? By the way, I didn't know Northwest Natives lived in Wigwams. Dude, read a book once in awhile.
Old 10-04-05, 04:54 AM   #33
zooker

low
like i said not the time or the place but i have to agree with you...

pnj
my guess is stumps is southern -seems all southern bapitst hate this phrase...

zooker
Old 10-04-05, 11:50 AM   #34
River stumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig n jig
What is it with you people and the phrase God Damned ? Marty where are you to police the aftermath of my posts, normally your quick to give me the serious be a good neighbor fellow Upstate New Yorker speech ? For those of you whom may be offended by my statements , I apologize and I will have to start a new vocabulary for those of you who are not conditioned to hear such language on a daily basis.Please keep in mind I work in a welding shop where profanity is a normal everyday routine and I will have to really work at typing a politically correct post.Thank You, P N J
Thank you PNJ! Your apology is accepted. You have a good day, and happy fishing.
Old 10-04-05, 12:47 PM   #35
LowDownSOB
BassFishin.Com Member

Zooker,
I guess being the "newbe" around here I should tread softly.
Some things just spark a flame if ya know what I mean.
Old 10-04-05, 01:43 PM   #36
Fish2win

P & J thank you for your consideration. I am sure it was not a statement meant to affend anyone other than the ones that committed the deed.The fact that you apoligized instead of berating River made your stock go way up in my book.
River thank you for stating what many others were thinking. Fish2win
Old 10-04-05, 06:01 PM   #37
Unregistered

Default low

yes please tread softly if possible..
i also know the anger you feel.. as i stated before not the time or the place.

zooker
Old 10-05-05, 08:54 AM   #38
H2O

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardsrule
First off have you ever asked or talked to other "Pro's" who compete with him, and asked their opinion of his antics or what he does when he catches a fish when not on camera? I have personally talked with three different Pro's who have fished against him, and I believe he is the most unliked Pro by the other Pro's on tour. He is always looking out for himself, and has no desire to help anyone else out. He is a LOUDMOUTH on the Camera, but doesn't act like that when prefishing So the fact is he is acting for the camera and audience. Yes he has introduced some younger folks into Bass fishing,(not sure they are any better than he is though because of their attitudes and antics) and without a doubt he is one of the top Pro's on the tour. But I don't care how good he is, plain old consideration, and thoughtfulness for others is definately lacking in his attributes. I also talked to a Gentleman who fished in a tourney with him as a back boater. Ike's first words out of his mouth were, sit down and relax, because that's all the fish your gonna get today. So again it isn't about being a good and decent person, and allow the guy in the back(who paid to be here too) a chance, it was all about him. So you can go fishing with Mike , then tell me how great he is after that.

Lizards
Gald to read your opinion! I haven't read his book yet, any way I thought the cover design was awesome, but might be that's the only great part. However, I've definitely watched his style on TV show. NO MATTER HOW MANY AND HOW BIG FISH HE CATCHES, I STILL HAVE A RIGHT TO SAY IT'S NOT A GOOD STYLE FOR ANY KIND FISHING.

However, this world is base on a measurement of quantity! NOT QUALITY. So have to say he is so great!
H2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-05, 08:50 PM   #39
nitroman67
BassFishin.Com Member

best
-new tackle and baits
-conservation laws
-websites like these
-t.v shows just for bass
worse
-waveruners and ski boats
-to many trollers in 1 area
-people that catch (not realese)
-not enough lakes in Georgia(that have nice size bass)
nitroman67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-05, 08:56 PM   #40
KH.

thanks nitro,you turned this thread what it was really meant to be,not talking about profanity,thats what the pm is for,talk about what ever you want
Old 07-17-06, 05:49 PM   #41
WTL

Best;
1. Advances in tackle
2. The incredible proliferation of information on the internet
3. The "discovery" of structure fishing
4. Advances in the understanding of fish biology, management
5. New techniques such as flipping and potentially dropshotting

Worst;
1. The BASS. While it was once a good thing, it is now nothing but a moneygrubbing ***** of an organization. They actually had the gall to accuse me of defaulting on payments for a renewal that I did not request or recieve. In other words they sent a letter hoping I wouldnt know my pocketbook from my *** and hoped I'd send a check.

2. Phil Fulmer/Bill Dance - I hate them both and don't feel compelled to explain further, nor do I see how anyone could feel any other way.

3. The tournement ethos; I am used to waving at people on the lake, but I noticed the other day that apparent tourney competitors wave about 1/10 times when I pass them or they pass me. Non competitors tend to wave every, single, time. That is a metaphor for how people let the competition ruin all that is great about fishing.

4. The buying up and bastardization of waterfront propery by people who like jet skis, perfectly trimmed yards and multi million dollar houses on lakes which once had good natural shoreline cover.

5. The sheer number of people on the lakes these days.

Last edited by WTL; 07-17-06 at 06:18 PM.
WTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-06, 06:03 PM   #42
JB

wtl,
been diggin' through the archives again..attaboi!

when ya goin' job hunting?
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-06, 06:08 PM   #43
WTL

Lol, I'm trying - I spent the day on the 'puter alternating between Yahoo Jobs, Monster, Bassfishin.com, Bamamag and Tiderinsider.
Old 07-17-06, 06:13 PM   #44
angelus40

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB
So what ya think over the last few decades are improvements to bass fishing
or just total waste of time
A few that come to mind on the best side
1. Line...seems like it stronger, thinner, variety of braids and mono
2.. TV Shows that no longer show some fat cat catching hawgs all day,
but now show competition that outlines the thinking process of figuring the
pattern as well as show the excitement of the catch
3. Forums like this, and the Internet
4. More realistic plastics with scent additives
5. Smoother equipment to fish with,,better reels, stronger rods, bass boats that
are state of the art.

A few come to mind on the Worst Side
1. Flying Lure .....lol
2. Whiz Bang, sure it works , but who the hell can find one?
3. The endless mesmerizing of bass shows that hypnotize us into buy the new and latest lure, no wait , thats a Good thing lmao
4. Clowns that catch and don't release, or up the weight of any fish by double
or, bring home a stringer and never fillet it, what a waste..
5. ski boats and wave runner..should be on the top but just now rememered

Any one else have thier own 5n 5...and i dont mean Arbys
i have the flying lure and never used it
angelus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-06, 06:36 PM   #45
zooker

billy ya dragged this out the gutter didn't ya..

zooker
Old 07-17-06, 06:59 PM   #46
WTL

Dragged what out of the gutter? Archives?

Edit: What the hell? I wondered where this post with so many replies came from, but it showed up at the top of the Tips, Tricks and Techniques board with the rest of the current posts...so I replied to it. Weird. Sorry yall.

Last edited by WTL; 07-17-06 at 07:05 PM.
WTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-06, 06:59 PM   #47
Rebbasser

Quote:
1. when you hit a school of fish and there's about 3 or so boats trolling through it, but all staying in line until some new jerk off shows up and decides he has to troll from a different side as everyone else, then everyone has to stop and let him pass through, then he does it again. ****ing *** hole
Got a good story about that one. A couple of years back I was fishing a lake in North Texas and the whites were schooling and chasing shad on the surface. Some idiot decided to idle THROUGH the school like he owned the water. This one guy told him he was crossing lines but the idiot just waved it off. The guy put his reel in free spool and with a small smile watched the line stripped off his reel as it wound tighter and tighter around the idiot's prop. Can you say ruptured seals and water in the lower unit ?
Old 07-19-06, 06:56 PM   #48
HOG Ranger

I really enjoy Bass Saturdays on ESPN with Day on the Lake being close to the top. What I don't like is the WWF atmosphere that BASS seems to be promoting and guys like IKE doing his best to be the poster bad boy. I was watching earlier this year and after Mike won he ran around the event with 2 large bass in his hand and had to be called back to the podium to return them to the livewells. That is a terrible thing for young viewers to see and is not what fishing is all about. Screaming after every fish gets a little old to me and just as soon not see or hear it.

I could be over-reacting or totally off base but bass fishing is not an extreme sport and should not be portrayed as one.

OK, sorry, rant over. Best 5 things
1. Electronics
2. Trolling motor power
3. Fishing Line
4. Rod sensitivity
5. Tow vehicle fuel economy that is much better than older trucks

Worst 5
1. Fishing pressure
2. Invasive species
3. 10 HP max lakes
4. Competing pro tours
5. Fuel Prices
HOG Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.