Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bass Classifieds

Old 09-03-11, 11:20 AM   #1
fishnart
BassFishin.Com Member

Default taxidermy and custom baits

In case anyone's interested, I do reporductiion taxidermy and paint custom baits. I am an artist and specialize in realisitic bait patterns. My fish and baits are painting using a many different mediums and techniques. You can see some examples on my Facebook (Fishnart Taxidermy/Custom baits) or if you're interested I can send you some pics.
Thanks
fishnart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-11, 12:20 PM   #2
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

You'll want to post some pics on the site. I've posted a few in the past couple months.

For those who haven't seen his work check out his FB page or do a search for Fishnart. I've known Donnie for about 5 years now and he can copy or paint anything you want. If you get a chance check out the largemouth and smallmouth replicas. Amazing work.
Old 11-15-11, 06:39 PM   #3
Tavery5

Can you give us an idea on what the price of a custom repaint would be.
Old 11-15-11, 07:52 PM   #4
Scott the fishman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

how much will a reproduction run me? on average.
Old 11-17-11, 10:56 PM   #5
aikenyounggun

What would it cost to paint 5 crankbaits (repaint really)? Want certain color, maybe two different kinds, lucky craft
Old 11-18-11, 09:48 AM   #6
joedog

How dose someone join just to sell something and then take over a month to get back to anyone. I see 4 interested parties and no pics, which were asked for and no replies.
Whats up FISHNART?
joedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-11, 11:10 AM   #7
kennethdaysale

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedog View Post
How dose someone join just to sell something and then take over a month to get back to anyone. I see 4 interested parties and no pics, which were asked for and no replies.
Whats up FISHNART?
Hey Joe I don't see any smileys. Give Donnie a break..he's probably busy in the paint booth or better yet, field testing some prototypes! Also 9/18 minus 9/3 equals 15 days. Besides he's friends with 3d ! , and the casual "take away" technique is a very effective selling tool as opposed to the overpowering, gotta have it approach.

ps The daily dose of medicine.
The shoe does not fit.
just doing as requested
Old 11-18-11, 05:59 PM   #8
joedog

Smile kennethdaysale

I quick replied and I don't think smilies are availble. But more important I need to apologize to you and Donnie because I was just being smart (dumb). I truely feel bad to cause anyone pain or mental anguish on account of my ill manners.
Take away is truely an effective tool to use in sales but first you have to show or demonstrate said product or service......and than you take it away. At least what little I know about it.
Now dose and does mental error but it really kind of shows my mental capacities, I quess. As always any constuctive criticism I can get is always appreciated as well as probably needed. It can only make me a better person!
Say sorry to Donnie for me because I may not hear from him again.
Old 11-18-11, 06:21 PM   #9
3dkicker

Joedog - First question from T5 was 11/15....

He's busy. I know. I've texted him.

I've posted some pics of his work over the past couple years here. SEARCH Fishnart and see what comes up.

Also you'll find his work on Facebook.

Finally I've been trying to get him on this site for a while. And he's posted elsewhere on the site. He's not here to sell baits.
Old 11-18-11, 09:57 PM   #10
joedog

Thanks 3dkicker. I apologize again. I will repeat, I really regret the post and if someone can show or tell me how to delete it I will! Again, I now realize and probably should of realized before posting I was out of line.
God isn't looking for perfection, rather improvement.
Donnie my sincere apology for my posts!
Old 11-19-11, 09:08 AM   #11
fishnart
BassFishin.Com Member

Hey guys, first my apologies for not getting back. I have several sites that I follow and this one just got away from me. Not to give you a sob story joedog but I do this work totally on the side after I get done with my normal job which is at night so I have to sleep alot during the day. And then I'm a house husband and a father of three small, very active children, because the wife works every day from 9am to 8pm. unfortunately my priorities have to be my family. You had a point though, thanks for bringing it to my attention...and your apology is accepted.
Dave ol buddy, thanks for having my back, your a true friend who's friendship I'll always appreciate.
Now enough of that, to answer everyone’s questions. To repaint your bait a basic color pattern I only ask $10, which is for paint and epoxy. Buy the time I prep your bait, paint it and epoxy it I typically have several hours into it. I can get unpainted baits from various suppliers and you'd have to add the cost of the bait to the $10.
I have what I call a "realistic series" which is a realistic pattern of bluegills, shad, craws...what ever you want. For example you can find me a pic of a particular bluegill that you like and I'll paint your bait just like the pic you sent me. Same with craws or what ever... I take hours with an airbrush, colored pencils and tiny paint brushes, using different mediums to paint these baits. These are only $13 for your bait, and again just add the price of any new bait you want.
As far as fish, I only do reproductions now and they are $13 per in for the fish. This doesn't include any scenes or extras for the fish.
I also paint portraits, so if you ever wanted a portrait of you holding your fish I can do that. These can be pretty cool.
I'm not in this to make a ton of money. Times are hard, last thing we need is someone raping us with their prices. I love doing it and love sharing the talent that Gods giving me. We're all in this together. And as Dave said, I'm not one to push this down your throats; I'm only letting you know I'm here if you need something. If you want something done it would be easiest to email me at fishnart24@yahoo.com. So again, I apologize and if I haven't answered your questions let me know. Oh, I'm not sure by now what pics you may have seen, if you'd like to see some I'll post them. I'm on face book under Fishnart Custom Baits and Taxidermy if you guys are there.
Thanks and sorry I was so long winded...
fishnart is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.