Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 08-25-06, 01:55 PM   #26
Vabass22
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I agree, fishing for reds, and trout, is one of my favorite things in the world to do. You can have a blast catching dinner!
Vabass22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-06, 01:55 PM   #27
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Ironman, I think you have some Tiki Sticks or that type bait. Try fishing them two ways: wacky rigged around the edges of the lilly pads, and weedless/weightless in the same spots as well as where two types of cover come together-pads and hydrilla, pads and trees, etc. Dead stick them, especially the wacky rig. And I mean dead stick them-let them sit/sink for 30 seconds or so, then move them. If that doesn't work try speeding up or slowing down. I'm about as far south as you, and lately soft plastics are the only thing that are producing.

You want crankbaits, especially lipped baits, to bounce off stuff because it makes the bait move in an erratic fashion and will trigger strikes. That, or run deep enough to dig into a mud bottom to stir up a mud trail to look like a crawfish.
Old 08-25-06, 01:58 PM   #28
ironman
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to ironman

I will try that and yes I do have some 5" pumpkin seed wave worm's.
ironman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-06, 06:12 PM   #29
ironman

It turn's out we are going to lake george!!
Old 08-26-06, 06:41 PM   #30
PowerBass

I take it you proved you can catch?? Report??
Old 08-26-06, 08:36 PM   #31
ironman

Nope, tomarrow is the big day for me to prove to my dad who is boss.lol
Old 08-26-06, 09:03 PM   #32
lizardsrule

I assume you already read my PM about it. Like I said, c-rig the eelgrass. For all of those who who don't know about this Ocean, I mean lake. It's the second biggest lake in Florida I believe, right behind lake Ocheechobee. This is probably not your best bet to go out from scratch and catch fish. But the baits to use besides the c-rig, are weightless trickworms, or weightless senko type baits, in darker colors. Besides shiners, those would be your next best choice. But regardless of what you do. Fish slow, do not try to powerfish this time of year here. You may get lucky, but I doubt it. Shiner's freelined or under a bobber are your best bet, but shiner fishing is a specialty all in itself. If you haven't done it much, you could get lots and lots of bites, with no fish. If shiner fishing you "MUST" let the fish take it and run with it for a few seconds. If the bobber goes down, count to 5 then set the hook hard. If freelining, you need to count to five once they start taking line, and you "MUST" let them take it, open your spool, or push the button on your baitcaster. Show him the earlier PM about fishing, and see if he wants to go fishing

Lizards
Old 08-26-06, 09:57 PM   #33
JB

Denny and me are sneaking out tomorrow morning before daybreak, hoping to get some topwater action going. Probably fish till midmorning or when ever the bug spray wears off rofl....
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-06, 10:20 PM   #34
ironman

GUY'S wish me luck tomarrow, I will post any ictures if I catch any tomarrow. I'm trying to keep confident.I better go and pray.
Old 08-26-06, 11:30 PM   #35
bubba bass bigfoot
BassFishin.Com Active Member

some top water frogs, spinners and buzzbait... but cant go wrong with pitching a jig.. also through a plastic worm...dont forget the crank....umm and the biggest thing of all if a lure is not working and you tries different presitations with it change it.
bubba bass bigfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-06, 10:54 AM   #36
crankybait

just use your judgement... There are like 40 different baits and techniques mentioned here, and i don't think it would be wise to keep switching every second.
Old 08-27-06, 11:14 AM   #37
ironman

I just got back.And did'nt catch one thing excapt for a big gash in my knee from falling.I had one good bite on a zara spook but did'nt pull quick enough.Sorry but I have failed you all. LOok's like I won't be bass fishing foe a while.
Old 08-27-06, 11:23 AM   #38
Vabass22

Sorry, but I have learned that hooksets, on plastics at least, are about timing, and letting the fish get your whole bait, rather than strength, and reaction time.
Old 08-27-06, 11:26 AM   #39
ironman

It was a zara spook not a worm.
Old 08-27-06, 11:30 AM   #40
Vabass22

I know, but even with a topwater, you should always wait til you feel the weight of the fish, before you set the hook. I have missed many fish, that I feel would have gone 15+ inches, by not setting the hook properly.
Old 08-27-06, 11:39 AM   #41
crankybait

so, how many baits did you go thru? and yeah, you should've waited before the hookset.
Old 08-27-06, 11:44 AM   #42
Rebbasser

Fear not, Ironman-you didn't fail anyone. I fished from 5 AM to about 12:30 yesterday and got 2. 7 1/2 hours and two fish. Sometimes they just don't cooperate. Don't let it get you down.
Old 08-27-06, 12:04 PM   #43
Vabass22

Yeah, you were fishing lake george right? That lake will take a longgggggggggg time to get to where you can go, and consistently catch bass. What all did you try?
You didn't fail us, you tried, and thats all anyone can ask.
Old 08-27-06, 12:50 PM   #44
ironman

No I did dead lake because I new a coule of good spot's that today failed.
Old 08-27-06, 01:13 PM   #45
Vabass22

Well every lake has a bait that will be good year ound, and you have to first find this bait. Ifin there is a bait shop, ask them, and try what they say. After you find the bait that will normally produce, then there are baits that work better, during spring or winter, post spawn, spawn etc. There is almost always a bait that will produce in a given situation, and you need to find these baits, and their most productive presentation. This takes time, but once you find it you will be able to constantly produce fish. You look at some of the "veteran" members of this board, and everytim they go out, they catch fish, also motice that they are not youngsters like you and I.(no offense) What I am trying to say is fishing is a hard sport, and takes much work, and tons of perserverance. If you can stick with it, and have fun when your not catching fish, then someday you'll be able to land big fish virtually anytime. Reading stuff that works for other people may help, but the way to learn how to bass fish is be out onn the water, constantly, and learn from your mistakes. If your parents keep you from getting out on the water, then they are just hurting your fishing, not helping it. You need to let your parents know about this, so you can get experience, and catch some fish eventually!!

Last edited by Vabass22; 08-27-06 at 01:21 PM.
Old 08-27-06, 03:27 PM   #46
LoneStarAngler07
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to LoneStarAngler07

Quote:
Every time I bump crankbait's off stuff they get snaged on them.Why do you even haft to bump them off stuff anywhay.
Thats how you catch bass. bumping it off rocks causes the bass to attack out of the bait intruding...and it causes curious bass to kill it!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.