Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 12-31-08, 08:04 PM   #1
ihnclb22
BassFishin.Com Member

Cool depth finders

im thinkig about buying a depth finder, because i found out that i can rent kayaks and paddleboats at my favorite lake ( i don't have a boAT) and i was wanderin if anyone had any suggestions for a small one, that can be semi portable, and has a good bang for its buck...thanks very much!!!
Old 12-31-08, 08:29 PM   #2
Joel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I'm currently using a Hummingbird Piranha Max 10. It runs on 8 AA batteries, which I opted for the rechargeable type. The only draw back to any depthfinder is how you're going to attach the transducer to the Kayak or boat. My unit came with a suction cup that worked well with unpainted aluminum boats. I replaced that with a adjustable 1x3x24 inch pine board that I attached the transducer and cable to.

I don't believe that the suction cup with adhere to the plastic hull of a Kayak or paddleboat.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.