Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 01-02-09, 09:09 AM   #1
jmartin
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default New Years Day Fishing

As you know I hit the Lake Anna yesterday. WOW!!! dropped in at 10:00 it was 26 BRRRRR!!!! Anyway with the hope of it warming up we headed downlake in search of the Monsters lurking in the deep. BTW. Hauling a$$ in 26 degrees is hard on the face, snot and tears froze and had to chip them off befor starting. LOL after heading down to the first dike we started marking fish in 16 feet of water off some riprap. Started throwing deep divers, about 5th cast BAM hooked up. He came up to surface, said hi then spit my Bomber back at me. and that my friends was the only one for the day. meanwhile the sun came out and it warmed up to a lovely 30 degrees for the rest of the day. We had to break ice off our Reels about every 5or6 casts. All in all a bad day fishing is still better than a good day at work. Until next time

Jerry
Old 01-02-09, 09:14 AM   #2
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

glad you got out jerry. me? not going out in below freezing weather. just too cold fer me, lmao.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-09, 01:01 PM   #3
Bob Smith
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Spent the day on Lake Allatoona (after it warmed to 39), Windy, High Blue Bird skies, 49 degree water temps. Tried jigging spoons, jig n craw, jig n pigs, drop shot, shakey head, and finally got one on C-rig 4" Senko (watermelon pepper spiked with chartreuse) on a near vertical drop from 30' to 45' (point near channel). 13' Spot, and that was it for the day! I waiting for the drizzle to stop and I may get back out this afternoon, for sure tomorrow morning.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.