Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 07-06-05, 07:37 PM   #1
hershey
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to hershey
Default fishing in michigan

Well I'm gonna head up to Â*michigan for a week in a few days. I am going to be staying at my grandparents cottage on a big lake in southwestern michigan(no not lake michigan ;D). It gets very deep, and has some good drop offs. It also has lots of cover and lily pads in some areas. It has LOTS of boater traffic over the weekend, and dogfish and gar-pike have cut down the walleye population but Im not sure about the bass. Ive caught a few bass there when I used to live in michigan and on our vacations with nightcrawlers when I wasnt too serios about bass fishing. I know there are bass in there, you can usaully see them in the flats. The water is very clear. Im thinking about throwing topwaters in the weed flats in the morning, then skip tubes and tikis under docks near the weeds when the suns high. In the afternoon I plan to work the drop off with jigs, carolina rigs and cranks. If I have no luck on the drops Im gonna move back to the weeds. Any advice would be greatly apriecated. I know the lake well, but Ive never fished it seriosly.
hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-05, 09:35 PM   #2
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver
Default Re: fishing in michigan

Sounds like a good plan. I would also throw a c-rig in there with a Lizard or a craw. Fish what you are confident in. During the summer, seems like you really gotta work the low light conditions for topwater, but when they start, you can catch a bunch in a short time. Watch for fronts coming in. Try to hit it before the front hits, and if it's a low front, fish during it.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-05, 10:01 AM   #3
RatherBeFishin
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to RatherBeFishin
Default Re: fishing in michigan

what lake ? i live in sw mich

RatherBeFishin is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.