Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-08, 12:48 PM   #1
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144
Default Got some of my jigs done!

Thanks again guys for the help pouring them. I've got some done, and I can't even try 'em out. Here's a few pics.

Once I make more, I think I'm gonna try to sell them and put the money away for a truck or college.

Anyways, lemmie know what ya think.

Thanks,

BB
Old 12-23-08, 12:51 PM   #2
JB

They look great, tie one on a rod n reel an see how they feel with some indoor pitch or flips wtg!
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-08, 12:58 PM   #3
BigBassin144

thanks JB, I do really need to find a way to practice flipping and pitching indoors. I'm pretty happy with how most of them turned out. My first few were pretty bad, but by the last couple I've made, I've gotten pretty good a it.

BB
Old 12-23-08, 02:34 PM   #4
woody
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

BB, they do really look good.
Once you start selling them, here's a little tip that will help increase your sales, just tell 'em your saving up for college and leave out the part about the truck.
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-08, 03:20 PM   #5
carolina-rig-01

they look pretty good man. what hook are you using? how many strands are the skirts?
Old 12-23-08, 03:47 PM   #6
BigBassin144

Mustad Hooks. They're expensive enough. And for skirts, I for one hate jigs with thin skirts to I've got a few with about 60 and a few with about 80 strands. I'm liking the 80's better though.

BB
Old 12-23-08, 03:49 PM   #7
BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody View Post
BB, they do really look good.
Once you start selling them, here's a little tip that will help increase your sales, just tell 'em your saving up for college and leave out the part about the truck.
That's what I was thinking, and it will most likely be for college. IF I sell enough to make a bit of money.

BB
Old 12-23-08, 04:57 PM   #8
lowrider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

bb, check out the booyah flipstah. it would be a fun novelty item but the price is ridiculous.
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-08, 07:20 PM   #9
rrw4258

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
bb, check out the booyah flipstah. it would be a fun novelty item but the price is ridiculous.
I agree with the flipstah... the price is way to high. I can put a coffee can, or a frosting can on the floor and pitch into myself... It's definetly not worth $100.

Ryan
Old 12-23-08, 07:24 PM   #10
rrw4258

BB the jigs look great... i wouldn't mind have some myself... the monkey is always open to new baits that look good!

Ryan
Old 12-23-08, 07:27 PM   #11
Jim80

BB the jigs look good man , let me know when you are ready to part with a few .

Jim
Old 12-23-08, 08:17 PM   #12
bamabassman

great job bb. i'll try to help ya out ok? the jigs look really good buddy.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-08, 09:03 PM   #13
Bob Smith

They look great, BB! What hooks are you using? I like the football head, and it looks like some quality skirt material too!
Old 12-24-08, 01:59 PM   #14
BigBassin144

Bob, I'm using Mustads.

Thanks again guys, I'm thinking of making a small website to sell them from. I found a website that is free (or you can upgrade for a cost) that helps you build your website. I'll be working on that during my vacation.

Also, I've talked to my dad and a couple of my friends and I think we've got a decent name. Since this started as something for me to do to waste away some time Until the Cabin Fever has gone away, which isn't for a while still... I think I'm gonna call 'em Cabin Fever Jigs or Cabin Fever Lures. What do ya think?

BB
Old 12-24-08, 02:04 PM   #15
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
Bob, I'm using Mustads.

Thanks again guys, I'm thinking of making a small website to sell them from. I found a website that is free (or you can upgrade for a cost) that helps you build your website. I'll be working on that during my vacation.

Also, I've talked to my dad and a couple of my friends and I think we've got a decent name. Since this started as something for me to do to waste away some time Until the Cabin Fever has gone away, which isn't for a while still... I think I'm gonna call 'em Cabin Fever Jigs or Cabin Fever Lures. What do ya think?

BB
i like the name. make sure and get a tax number and do it leagally. the tax and shipping and the red tape (there is a lot of red tape) can be a big pain but do it right or Uncle Sam will make you sorry. also you will find that the Excise tax is a huge pain.
Old 12-24-08, 02:06 PM   #16
BigBassin144

I've though about shipping, but not much about tax. hmm.....

BB
Old 12-24-08, 02:11 PM   #17
carolina-rig-01

ohio may be different but missouri was a nightmare, they made it a lot harder than it had to be.
Old 12-24-08, 02:48 PM   #18
JB

Ever since bob taft was gov. for 8 years, his admin. figured out every way possible to tax ppl in ever aspect...
I'd do it under the table, just have them pay for shipping. and the price of the jigs of course lol
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-08, 02:52 PM   #19
3dkicker

BB144 - You may be able to do the taxes quarterly or every three months which isn't a pain. Just make sure you report your profits and keep your taxes (sales and income) seperate so you can send them in.

Whose skirt material are you using??
Old 12-24-08, 03:28 PM   #20
BigBassin144

I was hoping I'd just be able to kind of do it under the table. I can't do paypal obviously because I'm not old enough to have a credit card or Checking account, so I was thinking of just taking money orders.

3D, I'm using the skirt material they've got at NetCraft, being here in Toledo makes it a lot easier, and I don't have to have the stuff shipped to me. The prices are about the same, or a bit more, but I'm not paying shipping.

BB
Old 12-24-08, 03:33 PM   #21
bamabassman

bb i love the name "cabin fever jigs" buddy. great name. now go get yerself a shirt made up fer it.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-08, 03:45 PM   #22
BigBassin144

Oooooohh, shirts... lol, maybe later. I'd have to get he name drawn out all cool and stuff first. Maybe I'll work on that too.

BB
Old 12-24-08, 03:52 PM   #23
lowrider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

C-rig sent out free samples...
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-08, 04:09 AM   #24
Bill@SOBLures
BassFishin.Com Member

BB144 ...I am certainly not at all trying to discourage you...in fact, I think it is a very good thing you are thinking about doing....remember, Lonnie Stanley and Gary Yamamoto had to start somewhere. Starting young is definitely a plus !!!

However, please, for your own good, rethink the part of "doing it under the table". I didn't, and the IRS caught up with me and tried to hit me for over $30,000 in back Federal Excise Taxes and Income Taxes. It took me over 6 months to prove to them that I didn't even sell $30,000 worth of spinnerbaits in the short time span that they were auditing me for.

They would send me a letter and give me a list of items they wanted to see receipts or invoices for from the past few years and I would have to literally shut down my business to comply with what they requested and then they would write me and tell me when THEY would be coming by the shop and I had to comply with their time schedule.

At one point we had to shut down for three days to do a COMPLETE inventory and then account for any missing parts, receipts, invoices, etc. Dealing with them is a ONE WAY street....you do it THEIR way or not at all !!

If I can assist you in your endeavors toward starting a lure business, just let me know. You can reach me at (830) 772-4333.

OH...by the way....the agent that audited me told me that the Irs learned about me through the internet. They have a small division in the Excise Tax Dept. that has people surfing the internet looking for small independent businesses like ours and then they run a check on their taxes.

Let me know if I can help you.....

GL&GF,
Bill@SOBLures
Bill@SOBLures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-08, 07:09 AM   #25
pig n jig

BB, They look really nice. It soon becomes alot of work once you start selling them.People like myself are generally a pain in the butt to please,don't cater to them but listen to their opinion and if the same opinions from different people keep popping up, it might be worth changing to better your product and sales.

Ivan
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.