Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 08-07-11, 01:28 PM   #1
william
BassFishin.Com Member

Question pro guide deep v or mod v 175tf tracker

I have been waffling between the tracker pro guide 175tf and the tracker pro guide deep v sc. Both with 4 stroke 60 hp (thanks on that forum) So cal, diamond valley lake, some bass ,serious striper fishing with down rigger, heavy trolling. trout fishing at elevation, breezy in afternoon, worried about working the minn Kota for bass in coves with deep v. Lots of information, can't make up my mind.
william is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-11, 01:51 PM   #2
nobass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

higher the side more wind area to hit, higher the side dryer ride. either boat should come with trolling motor shaft lenght for that boat remember tracker always under sizes motors. i do not know what trust lb they come with i have a 18 foot lowes and a 55 lb trust motorguide that dose real well with my boat fish ky and barkly lakes mostly
Old 08-07-11, 06:32 PM   #3
Dave63
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I would look at it this way. Do you have to a lot of wave action or chop? Lots of wakes maybe? Then get the deep V. The 175 can, I stress can, be a rough ride in certain situations. YMMV...
Dave63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-11, 06:48 PM   #4
MO_CPA
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Hi William. Around here the put a 12V 46lb Motor Guide on the 175tf, 175txw, and the deep v. As I mentioned before, I have the 175txw. IMO, in the situation you described above I would go with the deep v and consider a trolling motor upgrade to a 24V system that will get you more lbs. Have you considered how the 60 might perform in the deep v as opposed to the mod v? Not sure what you are looking for performace wise but that may be something to think about.

John
Old 08-07-11, 09:50 PM   #5
william
BassFishin.Com Member

Default thanks for info

One of the things that concerned me is that tracker puts on a smaller min kota troller on 16ft deep v 89 beam and I think they put on the larger motor quide trolling motor on 175tf, which seems kind of odd. That is how they are manufactured and shipped so I'm told. I'm not sure I have the option of upgrading the deep v minn kota.
william is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.