Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-10, 08:23 AM   #1
Randy
BassFishin.Com Member

Default World Record Bass

Has anyone heard about a record tying 22lb 4 oz bass caught in Japan ? I read it on-line at BayNews 9 in Tampa, Fl. Seems to me that it would be plastered all over the outdoor sports news.......Hmmmmm
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-10, 09:10 AM   #2
muddy
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Hey Randy: It's for real!

It was plastered all over the internet the day he caught it, there have been threads running on several forums for the six months it took the IFGA to certify it this week, BASS carried the announcement live in a pod cast. Go to ESPN or the IFGA site to catch up on it
muddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-10, 10:10 AM   #3
Randy
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks for the update. Just for the heck of it, in 1980 my wife caught a 28" 13 lb 8 oz bass in a pit near Tampa. Of course I fish every living minute of my life, she fishes once in a blue moon. I have a 12lb 6 oz on the wall next to hers, but still have not caught one bigger than hers. The Florida state record is about 15 lb's for a women. To bad she didn't break that one. She won't even let me lie about it either....hahaha... not like I would you know.....
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-10, 09:12 AM   #4
aikenyounggun
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Yeah, this has been huge news. I'm happy for the guy (Manuba Kurita) because he sounds like a good guy and a great ambassador for fishing. But, being a proud American, I think we should all drive to catch the world record, not just for us personally, but for our country.

If you want to learn more about the man, pick up December's (maybe January's) issue of Bassmaster. He has the main article and is on the front page.
Old 01-16-10, 10:09 AM   #5
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikenyounggun View Post
Yeah, this has been huge news. I'm happy for the guy (Manuba Kurita) because he sounds like a good guy and a great ambassador for fishing. But, being a proud American, I think we should all drive to catch the world record, not just for us personally, but for our country.

If you want to learn more about the man, pick up December's (maybe January's) issue of Bassmaster. He has the main article and is on the front page.

That was a really good article

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.