Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-15-05, 11:38 PM   #1
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default what a great weekend!!!!

well, this weekend we went to steinhatchee, perry area and fished inshore off of keaton beach. on friday when we got there, we did alittle fishing and i got 1 short and just about got an over slot trout, he threw the hook at the boat. my mom got a short and a saltwater catfish. and my stepdad got nothin. they were using live pinfish and shrimp. and i was using and artificial red/white grub jigged. on the second day, we got up at 5:00 and got on the water at 6:30(its alittle drives to keaton beach) anyways, we start off driftin on flats and get some action by blue runners(in the jack family) they put up a great fight. i got all of my fish on a red/white grub jigged. my mom got everything on a live shrimp, and my stepdad got everything on a live pinfish. well after drifting some more and i got about 8 more trout, shorts :P my stepdad hooked into a nice trout. it was in slot. so we throw him into the cooler. then, my mom hooks into some of them blue runners and then hooks into a nice in slot trout(he goes into the cooler) then i get a few more shorts(trout) and then hook into my first in slot trout. we went on to catch alot of blue runners and shorts and then i hooked in to my secong in slot trout. then we moved and drifted into altle deeper water, and my stepdad hooked into a nice kobie but it got off at the boat :P then he hooked into a atlantic sharpnose shark. we let it go cause it was really only about a foot and a half and we wernt sure on the size requirments. then he hooks into another one, and another one. all between 1 and 3 feet. then i got a nice inslot blue fish. and then about 4 or 5 ladyfish, all on the red/white jigged grub. my mom kept gettin shorts. then she hooks into alittle catfish. that was about the day. we got about 60-70 fish. i lost count around 20. and 5 keepers, 4 trout, and 1 bluefish. then today we headed back alittle ways and fished at cedar key. we drifted flats and i got my first redfish. it was way to small tho. about a half a foot or alittle more. i got a pic, but right as the pic was taken, the fish jumped out of my hands so you really can only see its belly. i will post all the pics later. then we moved, and anchored by an oyster bar. i put out a pinfish, and so did my mom and stepdad. my stepdad hooked into a nice 3lb catfish. then he got alittle half lb catfish while he was fishing for pinfish for bait. then we move again and drift over some artificial oyster bars. now im only using pinfish. we drift over a bar, and something big hits my bait. i was fightin him in, and he did not want to come in, this felt like a 10+ fish. right when i started to get him close, he spit the hook, and i didnt get to see him. we think it was a black tip shark, cause we saw one swimmin around out by the bars. but it could have been a redfish. then my mom hooks into a small black tip shark and gets him in. then my stepdad hooks into a nother catfish. then i hook into a nice 3lb catfish. then the wind kicked up and we headed in for the ride home. we got back home around 6:30. this was a great weekend. now in 10 days i will be heading up to north carolina with my mom and stepdad for an airshow. we wont have time to fish. but we will have plenbty time for that since it will be the summer.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.