Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 12-30-09, 02:30 PM   #1
fishen green
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Diawa Twitchin Reels

Well I have done some research on the 3 reals Daiwa makes I found out some good stuff but I was wondering what your guys opinion is about them
fishen green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-09, 03:16 PM   #2
WaffleJaw
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Your talking about those Megaforces right?
Those are beer drinking reels...lol...You can control it with one hand while drinking.
I played with one awhile back and I didnt like them...The twitching bar is just something else to go wrong imo.It felt kinda cheap and gimicky to me....I perfer doing everything by my own hands but thats me...The only Daiwa in that price range that I liked was the Exceler...That one seemed solid,but hard to say without fishing one.
Old 12-30-09, 03:29 PM   #3
fishen green
BassFishin.Com Member

they make 3 of them (lol yes one handers)
the mega force
the mega force plus which is very well put together and compared to its younger brother
the Viento
all 3 reals use the same hand wound spring which I have heard is a problem but if you buy from a dealer not a box store the real is Guaranteed for life they are 7 to 1's I am looking to use them for my plastics only
fishen green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-09, 04:06 PM   #4
WaffleJaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishen green View Post
they make 3 of them (lol yes one handers)
the mega force
the mega force plus which is very well put together and compared to its younger brother
the Viento
all 3 reals use the same hand wound spring which I have heard is a problem but if you buy from a dealer not a box store the real is Guaranteed for life they are 7 to 1's I am looking to use them for my plastics only
Yea Im not fimilar with the Viento,thats probably up there in price huh?....But if you feel a twitching bar will help your presentation,then go for it!....
Ive never used one,only held and played with it...Wasnt for me.
Old 12-30-09, 04:46 PM   #5
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Tackle Warehouse has those Viento's on sale for $150 right now.

I'm skeptical myself, but TackleTour did give the reel a 9 out of 10. Pretty impressive. Seems like it might make an interesting reel for finesse presentations.
Old 12-30-09, 05:31 PM   #6
BlueDaksi
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Right now, if any are still available, Gander Mountain has the Daiwa Fuego baitcaster reel on sale for $112. This is an unbelievable price for the reel that is based upon the TD-Z with magnesium components. I think that TackleWarehouse also has them on sale now for $140. The Zillion is also on sale ($187) at Gander Mountain.

I've looked at the Daiwa Twitchin' models and also thought that they are too gimmicky, not necessary (unless you really do want to drink and fish...), and something to break and cause problems. I'd much rather have the lighter weight of reel without the extra-gadgetry.
BlueDaksi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-09, 06:30 PM   #7
pinkbass
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via Yahoo to pinkbass

Well..... I gotta tell ya.......fishingreen got one for Christmas. Santa must shop at the same places as the bait monkey. He got the meggaforce plus, and i gotta say it is very comfortable in my hand and it is not any heavier then any other reel. I agree that it is a little gimmicky, how ever it also is fun to sit and dream about all the bites you will hook with the twitchin bar.
Old 12-30-09, 07:51 PM   #8
BlueDaksi
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkbass View Post
Well..... I gotta tell ya.......fishingreen got one for Christmas. Santa must shop at the same places as the bait monkey. He got the meggaforce plus, and i gotta say it is very comfortable in my hand and it is not any heavier then any other reel. I agree that it is a little gimmicky, how ever it also is fun to sit and dream about all the bites you will hook with the twitchin bar.
Have fun twitchin' fishingreen and let us know how it works!
BlueDaksi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-09, 11:26 PM   #9
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

I've got the Viento and have had it for two years now. I've encountered no problems with the twitchin bar. I find I use it more when I'm not even thinking about it than when I tell myself, "OK, use the twitchin' bar for this, it should work good."

I've found it works great for t-rigged senkos; you can get into a nice steady rythm with it.

BB
Old 12-31-09, 12:17 AM   #10
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
I've found it works great for t-rigged senkos; you can get into a nice steady rythm with it.
So Anthony...I guess this begs the question:

Have you had a lot of strikes while you were twitching it? I am seriously intrigued by the Viento. It seems like a very decent reel.
Old 12-31-09, 08:58 AM   #11
BigBassin144

Nofear, actually, most of my hits came between twitches. But I've noticed this fishing senkos w/o the twitchin' bar too. I like my Viento, and like I said before, haven't had any problems with it. The senkos are about the only thing I actually work with the twitchin' bar. Besides those, I use it to bring in slack.

BB
Old 12-31-09, 11:44 AM   #12
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
Nofear, actually, most of my hits came between twitches.
Well, that's what I really meant, actually. As in, it was probably the twitching that caused the fish to be interested, and the pause is what triggered the strike. I really wish I could get my hands on one to try it out.
Old 12-31-09, 12:58 PM   #13
BigBassin144

I like it for jerkbaits and senkos because unlike twitching or jerking the bait with your rod, you don't run the risk of pulling the bait too much or too hard.

BB
Old 01-13-10, 07:11 PM   #14
TBone66
BassFishin.Com Member

I have the cheaper reel they make with the twitchin bar. I really like it for my plastics. I have had it for two years now and the only problem I had was that it started to squeek pretty bad. but after a good oiling it went away. But on the other hand a friend of mine bought one the same time i did it his started to have problems after a good season. when he disassembled it it broke for good. I guess it could go either way. Mine is fine and i love it. The twitching bar is perfect for giving that perfect twitch when finesse fishing like shaky heads. Being that its cheaper, only 70$, I would give it a try but if you do get it with a warranty.
TBone66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-10, 07:26 PM   #15
bassinbob

Could this reel be used for stitching? How much line is picked up when used?
Old 01-16-10, 10:53 AM   #16
pinkbass
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via Yahoo to pinkbass

hey bassin
I would recommend to go play with one at a store it all depends on how hard you press the lever. what ya got for line so on but it works good for different types of techs.
Old 01-16-10, 12:11 PM   #17
AUFred
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I have one. I rarely use the twitch bar. It is a decent reel.
AUFred is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.