Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-05, 06:47 PM   #1
River stumps
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Fishing the Alligator River

While fishing the Alligator this week we noticed a large 10 point buck crossing about thirty yards from us. My friend noticed the deer had been wounded, we cranked up and got as close to the deer as we could get with out scareing him. Some one had made a not so clean shot with an arrow. We made sure the deer got to the shore line and we left him standing, hope he makes it ok. The water is cooling down a little and fish are begenning to move, we caught several on shallow crank baits and 1/4 oz spinner baits. I've been fishing the Alligator River for 30 years and know where all the honey holes are, and I've always been successful catching good size bass. Altho I don't fish there as much now as I once did. I never weigh my fish unless it is a really big hawg, then I will call my friend from the game commision let him know that I have one worth weighing. If you guys ever get a chance to fish the lower part of the Alligator which is in the Eastern part of North Carolina, I believe you will be pleased. From reading some of your post, you appear to be good fisherman.
Old 10-17-05, 04:51 AM   #2
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

yeah i know were you were. lol which launch did ya use? i like the 64 launch but the gun neck is closer to were i hunt.

zooker
Old 10-17-05, 12:58 PM   #3
River stumps
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker
yeah i know were you were. lol which launch did ya use? i like the 64 launch but the gun neck is closer to were i hunt.

zooker
I remember reading in one of the previous post about some one mentioning the alligator river, must have been you.... I use the Frying Pan Landing Launch, near Gum Neck, I have a Campsite there, been going there for years. There is verry little pressure put on the bass in that area and the Bass are begenning to get some size on them. I've pulled some good size hawgs out of the pan... I've also bagged some nice bucks in that area. I own about 50 acres of prime hunting land in the Frying Pan, but now that I'm getting some age on me I've given up my hunting. Me and my friend from Church go down once a week for a few days and do a little fishing. My age is catching up with me and I am thinking about selling the land. Don't want too, but my wife want's to keep me closer to home, and I can understand the way she feels after I came home a couple weeks ago and told her about me falling off the boat with a hook in my hand.... Mr. Zook! I live in Va. If you ever decide to fish that area, and want some one to fish with, just e-Mail me, and just may be between the two of us we just might hang on to one. Good luck fishing.
Old 10-17-05, 05:21 PM   #4
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

will do

zooker

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.