Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 06-24-08, 10:57 AM   #51
skeeterman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to skeeterman

1fastlaser you and zooker are some very valuable members here.I have been reading this topic from day one.I would like to thank the both of you guys for the help you provide on this forum.Im positive that joecnc2006 boat will be perfect once you guys lock in on the proper prop.Joecnc2006 we both have the same boat.So im just as excited as you are to get her up and performing like you want it.I just had to let this out lol.Good luck and please post the performance of her once she is done.
skeeterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-08, 12:35 PM   #52
joecnc2006
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FASTLASER View Post
I haven't had the time yet to figure out this one but here's the long and short of it on the prop. The 13p is prolly going to make you smile more and be closer to a bolt on and forget it prop. The 14p will be a better prop but you would have to work with the engine height and rpms to get the max outta that prop. My recommendation definately the 14p. You might just bolt it on and never have to do anything. The worst senario is you have to raise the engine just a little to get the most out of it. Get the 14.
Is there a recommended distance from the bottom of the boat in a vertical line the the prop. shaft center that i can check and raise motor if needed?

With this motor mount i will need to use some jacking blocks or a spacer bar across the top of the trans. so the motor will rest on that and then re-clamp the motor to the trans. I believe there is one bolt on the bottom on each side which will need to be addressed (redrilled and old one plugged up).

Joe
joecnc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-08, 06:37 PM   #53
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecnc2006 View Post
I just called Turbo Prop. and talked to them, they recommend a 10-1/2" with 11 pitch, he said i would have to go down to 11 pitch to get the full 60hp out of the motor, but speed will be around 32mph, but allot more torque.

Plus their prop is 219.00 for a stainless steel i think its a good price.

What do you think of size and price?

Joe
get ahold of cabelas they have a prop in the 10 3/8" range they have listed a 14p ss prop for $219. then call your local prop guy and drop another $100 to get it cupped and blue printed..trust me it will be the best $100 ya ever spent and kept your pants on for..

for sure lift the moter my prop to pad distance is 3 3/4" plenty of water pressure-i am over 18 psi @ wot-

zooker
Old 06-24-08, 06:48 PM   #54
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeterman View Post
1fastlaser you and zooker are some very valuable members here.I have been reading this topic from day one.I would like to thank the both of you guys for the help you provide on this forum.Im positive that joecnc2006 boat will be perfect once you guys lock in on the proper prop.Joecnc2006 we both have the same boat.So im just as excited as you are to get her up and performing like you want it.I just had to let this out lol.Good luck and please post the performance of her once she is done.
Thanks you so very much for the kind words. I get a very good feeling helping folks out with there boats especially someone that is having problems. I hate to see someone have to spend that as much as $90/hr shop labor when I can give the aadvice or help for free. I am sure ZOOK gets a self satisfaction as well helping folks out. Hey in a sense we are all a family....The BASS fishing family.
As far as prop shaft to center of pad 3 3/4 is a great place to be on your rig. Do a search on the site me and zook have explained several times how to measure the prop shaft center to pad bottom. Not diffucult but dang well worth the effort to get it right.
Old 06-24-08, 06:52 PM   #55
zooker

i think i was over medication at least once when i typed some of that prop to pad post so listen to laser's advice..

i know i reread it and i can even make sense of what i wrote..

zooker
Old 06-24-08, 06:54 PM   #56
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Lmao!!!!! ROTFLMAO!!!! Yeah ole buddy thats when the doc gave ya some good stuff and you kinda made a couple of mistakes,but hey I got a helluva good laugh cause I knew what was going on, but hey you where still trying to help even ifn ya didnt have your feet on the ground.........ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-24-08, 07:00 PM   #57
zooker

that was some good sh!t no dout about it.. hell i was typin with one eye closed -i was seein 4 of everything-

zooker
Old 06-24-08, 10:24 PM   #58
joecnc2006
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks Guys, I will be getting the Turbo Prop. "Hotshot", 10-1/2" 14p.

http://www.turbo-props.com/files/Turbo-Page-2.jpg

it should help the boat quite a bit as 1FASTERLASER mentioned. and will set the height to 3 3/4 as zooker has his.

I really appreciate the help guys.

Joe
Old 08-19-10, 11:14 AM   #59
joecnc2006
BassFishin.Com Member

Well it has been a long time since my last post on the boat.

I had engine problems with the Mariner 60hp, the top cylinder was bad, the piston was eating away and metal flakes were getting on the plug and fouling it out.

I got the motor rebuilt.
Replaced the lower unit with a good used one.
and just this week replaced the power pack with a new one.

so the motor is like brand new now.

The little boat is nice, I found a plastic place which sells a seaboard, with the boat non slip texture and am tempted to replace the carpeted floor with it 54"x96" x 1/2" for 170.00 plenty to do the boat with.

I wish I could find a way to make the boat shine, the fiberglass does not look like it has a gel coat on it or i just can not see any, it is a dull white, cleaning it off makes it look ok, but not shiny.

Does anyone know a good way to bring it back?
Old 08-19-10, 05:35 PM   #60
bamabassman

welcome back. there is a product on here somewhere that can help you with that shining thing.

on another note. you do know that ZOOKER is fishing in heavenly waters now don't you? we lost him to AML jsut a little while ago. seems like an eternity, but it was just a month or so ago.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.