Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Topics for Specific Waters or Regions

Old 10-02-13, 11:35 PM   #1
james86
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Bank fishing in Sanford, FL (32771)

Some of you might remember me. I used to be relatively active on these boards but a career change, back surgery, and move put a damper on my fishing for quite a while. I'm really wanting to get back into it but since I've moved I have no idea where to go. Most people here seem to be more interested in fishing for reds and that just isn't my thing. If it's not bass I'm not particularly interested. What I'm looking for is just some advice on locations where I can bank fish. Also if anyone wanted to meet up and do some fishing I'd be ok with that too. I won't turn down a free fishing guide. Thanks for your time!
Old 10-03-13, 06:48 PM   #2
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Roll tide James. I really don't know sanford any better than Im sure you do, but you have the st johns river going through town. The problem with bank fishing in florida is the banks are normally so shallow that you arent casting to the bass, you are wading through mud...unless you find like golf course pond or a river where people have been bank fishing, the spots are few and far between. Rivers tendto be deeper at the shore than the normal florida bowl lakes.

I'm not sure if the back allows for it, but I am very big on kayaks despite gators. It would really open up your options tremendously. I have waded in florida before, but Im not crazy about it.
Old 10-03-13, 09:28 PM   #3
james86
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Thanks for the reply. I wish I could kayak fish but I don't think it's an option for me. I had a dic removed from my lower back in 2011. Being in 1 position for an extended amount of time isn't really possible for me. Until I get my bass boat I have to resort to beating the banks.
Old 10-03-13, 09:41 PM   #4
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

One of the one or two man small pontoon type boats dont cost a lot,but not much protection from gators.As for bank fishing do a lot myself not many gators some cottonmouths run james run.
Just a jest cooler winter weather they wont be as active.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-13, 12:05 AM   #5
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Hop on the highway with a fishin pole a couple of your favorite lures and drive!

When I lived in Florida we found quite a few good places to fish. The trick is finding one with a navigable bank. You'll get lucky sometimes though and find a honey hole! Look around housing developments as well, usually they'll have dug a pond or canal in the process of construction. Quite a few good places to fish there too!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.