Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 03-20-06, 02:22 PM   #1
hook'er
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Good income frendly boats.

Anyone know of any good income frendly boats, maybe under 15 grand. Im looking for a nice ranger. From what i've heard they're good reliable boats.
Old 03-20-06, 02:31 PM   #2
betursweetbass
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to betursweetbass

I am not aware of anything new (fiberglass anyway) for under 20k from Ranger, I have a 2006 VS175, with a F115 Yamaha, it cost me close to 25k, by the time I was done with the details. You could put a smaller motor on one I suppose to save money, but I would say the F115 is the least I would go with, on a 17 footer.
betursweetbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-06, 07:36 PM   #3
bassnman30
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Alot of Rangers earlier than the year 2000 "may" sell for less than 15 k. Suggest that you check around, some are not as good as others.
Ranger has a good resale value, if the boat has been kept up.
Old 03-20-06, 10:14 PM   #4
bass kicker

i would look for a good aluminium boat they are alright you dont need glass the fish bass
Old 03-20-06, 10:29 PM   #5
hook'er
BassFishin.Com Member

Yeah I was thining about the new Hull design by tracker. the new 750 i think.
Old 03-21-06, 08:50 AM   #6
1FASTLASER

Quote:
Originally Posted by hook'er
Anyone know of any good income frendly boats, maybe under 15 grand. Im looking for a nice ranger. From what i've heard they're good reliable boats.
If your truly interested I have a VERY close friend that works for BassCat. They get boats in from the pro's and other places and then before selling them they completly go through the boat before they sell them. They go through them from stem to stern and are as good as and sometimes even better cause all the bugs have been worked out. A very good friend of mine just bought a Cougar with a 200 on it for 16,500. If your interested I'll give him a call and see what they have ready to go. They all come with some type of warranty varying from boat to boat. Give me a holler here or at my email addy. Its wareagle50@hotmail.com. In the subject line put boat so I will know its not junk mail.
Old 03-21-06, 08:32 PM   #7
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

just add alot of catlog numbers as subject and he will go ape..

zooker
Old 03-22-06, 08:57 AM   #8
1FASTLASER

Thanks buddy!!LMAO!!
Old 03-22-06, 08:41 PM   #9
bass kicker

that sounds like an awsome deal
Old 03-23-06, 11:23 PM   #10
bassintom

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

"a boat is just a hole in the water that you keep throwing money into"
especially a bass boat...always,always need something..even if it's just a minor problem.you will spend as much time messing with it as you will fishing in it..........maybe i'm exaggerating just a little.
Old 03-24-06, 07:08 AM   #11
1FASTLASER

No Tom you are politicaly correct. My boat is in fine fishing condition and I am still turning wrenches on it. MORE POWER......MORE SPEED.....The problem is I always take the hard road guess I am mto damn hard headed. Extracting more horsepower out of a motor instead of just getting a bigger motor. Go figure.
Old 03-24-06, 08:53 PM   #12
bass kicker

i dont think i can get to much more HP out of my 25 merc eh laser
Old 03-24-06, 10:11 PM   #13
Denny_K
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default save your dough

Man you dont need to dump 15k in a boat.I payed $4,000 for my Bass Tracker Alum boat,25 hp and it does great...best of all it's payed for While some guys are making those 5-7 yr payments I'm payed off.If and I mean If you plan on tourement fishing...well ya buy the higher end boat,but if your going to the lake to relax and fish save your money man
Ask Jb I have a great bass boat.A boat doesn't make you a better fisherman...just remember that.Some guys have the $25,000 boat and there pulling it with a $2,500 truck know what I mean....But man if you have the dough.....rock on. Denny
Denny_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-06, 10:44 PM   #14
Jackl

TOM,
I know what you mean about always messing with the boat. This winter I pulled the bow console panel out of my Ranger because the thin walnut grained plastic crap the factory used had cracked. I built a new one out of a white high impact plastic tht matches the color of my boat (White) and cut it out to reinstall my X-75 locator. While I had the console torn out, a fishing buddy bought a Lowrance X-102-C color locator for his boat. We pulled the Lowrance website up on the 'puter and downloaded the 102 Emulator and proceeded to put the 102 thru it's paces. I liked it so well that I ordered a 102 for myself to replace the X-75, and everything went together great. Now, I am thinking about replacing my X-15 at the console with a X-26 color unit. I am still debating on tht move. As soon as the weather clears up (10 inches of snow on the ground as I am typing this) and I am able to get on the lake to evaluate the 102, I will decide at that time whether I still want to replace the X-15.
I was supposed to leave this Sunday for Alan Henry reservoir in Texas, but they had a snow storm Wednesday night and the temp dropped a bunch. There was ice around the edges of the lake Thursday morning. We have re-scheduled our trip date to March 31, if the weather is decent. If not, secondary plan is for April 9th. I am anxious to get back there, a buddy caught a 12.88 LB last year when we were down there. I did not catch anything near that big, so I am hoping for a 13 lb or larger this year. (It's my turn)

JackL
Old 03-25-06, 08:06 PM   #15
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

ROTFL,

I spent more money on my little tin can repairing, upgrading, messing with than it would have cost me to buy a 2 or 3 older fiberglass boast. I don't care, it still takes me to the water LOL.

Lizards
Old 03-25-06, 09:18 PM   #16
bass kicker

i spent more money on my small boat already then it cost to buy
Old 03-27-06, 01:46 AM   #17
Jive Turkey
BassFishin.Com Member

Check these out...
http://www.trackerboats.com/boat/index.cfm?boat=1957
I have fished on a few different aluminum Trackers on 50-200 acre lakes here in MN over the years, and I was impressed with the stability and how roomy it was compared to the price. This summer I am going to finance this Tracker once my truck is paid off. Likely with a 40HP, because most of my time is spent with the trolling motor down anyway, and I'd still like to keep some money for some accessories and tackle, etc.
This is a pretty light boat so it'll be easy to tow, and that'll help cope with increasing gas prices this summer.
They may not be suitable for those who fish on the larger impoundments, but for those who fish smaller nat lakes and are looking for a good value in a fishing boat, thses are something to look into.
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-06, 09:02 PM   #18
bass kicker

thats a nice boat we were looking at them but they dont ride as good as a deep v in 3 foot waves
Old 04-01-06, 01:16 AM   #19
Jive Turkey
BassFishin.Com Member

I don't imagine they do. But I rarely see waves like that, and if Ido, its on the way to the landing.
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.