Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 11-27-05, 07:57 PM   #26
Christopherkeene9
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Good at least I was gone the week this mr. unruly was here.

Chris
Christopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-05, 10:03 PM   #27
Joe_S.
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Hey Pnj Hope you get some nice ones onm the mouse, One thing I highly recommend is a good hook sharpening on those mice, maybe it's just me but I think they can be alot sharper when they come out of the pack,
I know here it gets real sloppy and I'm constantly smacking the mouse on the water to get the slop off, well in doing this you can pop out the little weight in the belly so to avoid that I usually just put some super glue around it to secure it a little better.
Good Luck.
Now I can't wait till May to throw one, got a long ways to go
Old 11-27-05, 10:30 PM   #28
scrap

joe s, guarantees come with them thar plastics, i just ordered a few. j/k. i look forward to using your plastics, but it appears it will have to be in the spring. rats.
scrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-05, 10:31 PM   #29
scrap

just kidding about the guarantee, i ordered some.
Old 11-28-05, 06:35 AM   #30
pig n jig

Joe S.,Thank You.The first thing I did once out of the packages was sharpen the hooks. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-05, 11:23 AM   #31
Joe_S.

No problem PNJ,
Thanks Scrap appreciate it , can't guarantee anything unfortunatley but here's 2 caught over the weekend by someone in Illinois .

http://forums.basspro.com/cgi-bin/ul...c;f=2;t=013419
Old 12-01-05, 06:43 PM   #32
PowerBass

PNJ,
I am not going to use the frogs until next spring though. Once I use em, I will tell you how they perform
Old 12-01-05, 06:55 PM   #33
scrap

thanks joe, i am looking forward to using your baits. those were big bass. wish i could land some like that, even once in a while....i figure by spring i will pretty much have all the bass psyched out with all the reading material i have gone through in the past month, i will know their every move, thought processes, sexual preferences, religion, and tax bill. joe, i am on it. well, so much for the jive talk. i will use your baits with intensity and patience. thanks
Old 12-02-05, 01:22 PM   #34
Joe_S.

lol . Good Luck and keep us posted, would love to see some pics of fish caught. They should be there today or tomorrow
Thanks again.
Old 12-02-05, 03:22 PM   #35
rrw4258

i have a silver frog, it is a popper style frog and it works great everywher i throw it!
Old 12-02-05, 08:35 PM   #36
bass kicker

i have a chartruse scum frog every time i go to use it i remember i left it at home
Old 12-04-05, 09:04 AM   #37
bassfisherman32
BassFishin.Com Member

i like the zoom horny toads. i was thankin bout buyin the scum frog popper, but it looks cheap
bassfisherman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-05, 09:08 AM   #38
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

look there is only 2 things frogs are good for #1 hook in the butt and catch muskies on and #2 eatin there legs.. i did care really were you fish. bass will hit a lizard just as fast as a rat/frog. use a lizard there cheaper and take up less room in a tackle box..

zooker
Old 12-04-05, 11:04 AM   #39
basstech

A frog bait that has worked well for me is the strike king hydro-foam frog. Can't believe I bought it cause Bill Dance was promoting it and I ussually stay away from baits he promotes. Unless I'm going to fish a private pond managed for big bass that only gets fished 3 times a year. Course it was 15years ago I bought it but it still works. I like it cause it has an exposed single hook. I have a hard time getting hook into fish with the double hook frogs that lie right on top of the body. Anyone have any suggestions for that?
Old 12-04-05, 09:11 PM   #40
fishin_dude

I was watching Beat Charlie Moore over the weekend and the first bait they used was a frog on top of open water popper style. The lakes in my area don't have a lot of surface vegetation so I usually don't fish frogs but watching the show gave me a new insight.
Old 12-06-05, 08:30 AM   #41
1FASTLASER

Dont know how I missed this thread. LOL Must be all timers. Anyway frogs are SUPER. Got it. I fish scum frogs horny toads, ribbits you name it. And cant wait for the new ones to show up. The Dean Rojas Bronze Frogs. ANywhere a bass lives a frog is in trouble and it dont have to be in the slop. I've caught em on the rocks,around the docks,and any where else you can find ole bigmouth laying around. Keep the hooks sharp and make sure you give em time to get the frog in his mouth before you rip her lips off.
1FASTLASER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-05, 09:41 AM   #42
Unregistered

i use the zoom horney toads all of the time and they work great you just have to put togeather a pattern for them. when you crack the code of where to trow them you will not want to put them down. they have been winning me tournaments like crazy here lately. what i do is i try to get my limit fliping then i go get my 5-10 lbs on the toads. they have caught me alot of fish over 10 and i don't even have the clue how many fish over 5. i don't have a problem with getting a hook in them. i use a 7 1/2 foot bionic blade and a 5o gamagatzo ewg hook. that is a good combonation.
Old 12-06-05, 09:46 AM   #43
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
Let the baby sittin begin.Lol Dude I think your Mommy is calling you, quick go see what she wants.
im a dumb ***

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.