Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-05, 09:00 AM   #1
bassfisherman32
BassFishin.Com Member

Default rogue

what is a rogue? i know thats a jerkbait but what does it look like?
bassfisherman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-05, 09:24 AM   #2
fishin_dude
BassFishin.Com Active Member

The rogue is one of my favorite baits. I use them in the spring and fall and they have really produced many of bass for me. Every tackle box should have one, and you should always have one tied on. Here is a link to where you can purchase some.... http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...rTarget=browse

Old 12-04-05, 10:58 AM   #3
basstech

The rogues also are a big fish bait. I'm going to amend what fishing dude said and say (at least in the spring and fall) that every bass angler should have at least 3 if not six in thier box(six cause I always carry at least two of the same bait). One blueback/chrome/white belly, blackback/gold/orange belly, and something else unique. Clown is a good one as well as some green shad or purple. I cary about 8 different colors and two sizes in the spring. Stained Blue dress, the Clinton, and log pearch are three that really produce...not neccessarily in the same water color and clarity though.
Old 12-07-05, 04:38 AM   #4
KenDammit
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

does anyone know if the rattlin rogue shallow diver suspends or floats? I've been trying to find a jerkbait that works really well in shallow water and the husky jerks 4 foot depth is a snag machine. Would it be better to get the floating rogue or the shallow diver that only goes to 2 feet?
KenDammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-05, 05:19 AM   #5
fishin_dude

Yellow eyes are the floaters and dive to 4 feet, the red eyed rogues dive deeper and suspend.
Old 12-07-05, 09:27 AM   #6
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Before the rogue became so popular about 10 years ago, I always and still do use the Bagleys Bang O Lure for shallow jerkbait/top water action, a really good bait..

JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-05, 09:57 AM   #7
River stumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB
Before the rogue became so popular about 10 years ago, I always and still do use the Bagleys Bang O Lure for shallow jerkbait/top water action, a really good bait..

It's certainly one of my favorites. Throw that thing around some cypres stumps and hang on.
Old 12-07-05, 08:30 PM   #8
bass kicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

i have never used a rouge but i do use rapalas husky jerks and they work fine
Old 12-07-05, 08:39 PM   #9
KenDammit
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I use the husky jerk in 5-8 feet of water and they work great, but when I'm fishing in 1-3 feet, it just scrubs the bottom the whole way through. I'm not real experienced with hard jerkbaits, so I don't know if its my technique or what, but I do know it dives to 4 feet before it suspends..so I need one that will suspend at about 1 foot.
KenDammit is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.