Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 08-15-12, 09:34 PM   #1
jake pelt
BassFishin.Com Member

Default DelMart molds. Buyer beware!

I saw the blog post on this company to late. I ordered 3 molds from them on July 11,2012. I just got the last one yesterday. It took a month. They sent them one at a time about every other week or so. Two of the 3 I had to pay extra shipping for out of my own pocket. On several of my attempts to contact them I was ignored or the answer came days later. I feel lucky however compared to some of the blogs I've read. I highly suggest ordering your molds from somewhere else like

BearBaits. Now thats a great company!
jake pelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-12, 09:40 PM   #2
kennethdaysale
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I've been buying stuff from Bear for years. Never a problem.
Old 08-15-12, 10:23 PM   #3
bassboogieman

Bear Baits - best place to buy molds. He does treat his customers VERY well. I was lucky to be able to attend the event he held at Guntersville last year - before the tornados - that he puts on for his customers, and had a great time fishing the lake. Met some fine people and Bear makes a mean Cajun pasta also.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-12, 10:41 PM   #4
jake pelt
BassFishin.Com Member

Their prices are great especially plastic. My orders always ship quickly. Been trying to get them to make some lead custom molds. Maybe he can post the recipe for the cajun pasta.
Old 02-15-13, 07:32 PM   #5
jake pelt
BassFishin.Com Member

Cool Lure Craft

Beware of buying from Lure Craft as well. I bought something small that weighed a few ounces and it had only cost $7. The shipping charged was $8...they said they would credit some of this on my next order..well after the next order and the next I now have over $10 credit . the owner Kim want cut me a check to replace the highway robbery shipping charges credited back to me. I told them to forget it then and I would take my business else where.
Old 02-16-13, 10:52 PM   #6
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake pelt View Post
Beware of buying from Lure Craft as well. I bought something small that weighed a few ounces and it had only cost $7. The shipping charged was $8...they said they would credit some of this on my next order..well after the next order and the next I now have over $10 credit . the owner Kim want cut me a check to replace the highway robbery shipping charges credited back to me. I told them to forget it then and I would take my business else where.
I think you're being ridiculous. No one likes paying shipping charges, especially not overpriced ones. But you knew going in to it what the charges where; there was no surprise.

Then they offer you a credit (more than you should have gotten IMO). Then when the owner offers to pay you the credit, you refuse then go and ***** about them on some online forum that you seem to have joined solely for the purpose of bashing retailers.

Way to be a troll.

BB
Old 06-07-14, 10:37 PM   #7
jake pelt
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Troll vs Child!

We are all Americans and exercise our right to free speech! My post on Delmart molds is right on and was meant to warn people of what to expect from them. If you research other forums or customer reviews you will see I am not alone in this view. There is NO excuse for a company taking 3 months to make your your molds! Lol, you order from them! As for Lure Craft there was excuse after excuse for why they would not credit or refund my " multiple " credits. I finally stopped ordering from them and told them too just keep the money! Money is not what I was posting about! It is the principle of the whole ordeal and the kind of company they are! Again, this was just to inform others to think twice before ordering from them! Troll or not it's my God given American right to free speech! It's a good thing I am an American Combat Vet and exercise my freedom of speech I earned on a regular basis! Besides we all have our opinions over different companies. What do you think the definition of Forum is? What do you do on a forum? What can you find on a forum? After you look up all those answers to those questions you will see I'm not the troll,Lol. You are! Obviously, you need some more education, some interpersonal communications class, or maybe you need to just get a life because think about it, Wow, what kind of person are you " really"!
Old 06-08-14, 04:41 PM   #8
Captmikestarrett

Where you been Jake?

Please note the dates in the top of each post.

Capt Mike
Old 06-08-14, 07:35 PM   #9
mikechell
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Hey, Capt. Mike.
He's only a year and four months late in responding. Maybe it took that long to come up with a reply.
mikechell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-14, 02:57 AM   #10
senkosam
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Here's another late to the party reply. Many lure makers have had the same problems with Del: poor service and no response to questions such as WHERE THE H IS MY MOLD and what's taking so long ???!!! Del is also defensive in a very nasty way when defending his poor service on one tackle making forum he used to advertise. Haven't ordered from him in a decade and along with many others, try to dissuade others from doing so.

Lurecraft generally has much better service but some products that leave a lot to be desired. Inferior plastisol is a major gripe since it's worse than cheap paint to get mixed once it settles and hardens at the bottom of the container.

Another gripe was some weedless jigs I bought had brush guards that came out as soon as I used them and a few on delivery. I asked LC to cover the cost of shipping them back for replacement and was told I would have to cover. Even Bass Pro will send lures no charge to replace defective ones and told to just keep them. I told them their purple glitter bled badly - same thing: send it back at my expense. Shipping on 4oz of glitter isn't worth it!

Nichel and dime tactics are annoying and as far as I'm concerned, two strikes and you're out! BaitJunkies and Bears are great for pouring supplies along with quite a few others.

Would have supported Jake sooner if I visited the site more often.
senkosam is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.