Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 10-22-08, 04:26 PM   #1
Kevin
Administrator

Arrow Great Video Tips For Beginning Anglers

The following videos explain many essential and helpful tips that beginning anglers will find useful. These videos and many more can be found in the Video Section.

Old 10-22-08, 06:25 PM   #2
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

dang it kevin, now i'll be up all night,lmao. thanks pal. i love em!!!
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-08, 04:40 PM   #3
ihnclb22
BassFishin.Com Member

Question

i have tried a couple times to watch the video,but it doesnt work... could it be my computer or am i messin it up?
ihnclb22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-08, 04:45 PM   #4
Kevin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihnclb22 View Post
i have tried a couple times to watch the video,but it doesnt work... could it be my computer or am i messin it up?
You need the latest version of Adobe Flash Player 10 to watch the videos. Also, those of you using AOL's browser... AOL is notorious for not being compatible with the latest versions of Flash Player. Please use Firefox or IE 7 instead.
Old 12-14-08, 08:31 PM   #5
Joel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Kevin, even for a old dog like me, I've learned a few things from watching your instructional shorts. How come you didn't list the 2nd jig video? And your tip on getting backlashes out is just pure genius.
Old 01-30-09, 01:11 PM   #6
Rickanns
BassFishin.Com Member

Kevin, I have really enjoyed the videos. The drop shot and jig presentations are great as I have not done much of either but am anxious to try now.

I am having a problem running all of them, however. Neither of our pc's load the buffers quickly enough to view the videos non-stop. They will load 30 seconds or so then freeze up until another buffer is loaded...then run again...and freeze...etc. I upgraded the Adobe Flash to 10xxxxxx, but that did not solve the problem. Am I missing something??? Any suggestions?

Thanks for the videos and any help.

Rick
Rickanns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-09, 01:46 PM   #7
Kevin
Administrator

Hi Rick, thanks for the kind words! In regards to the stopping/starting/stopping/starting video, it all has to do with the speed of your internet connection. There is a certain constant connection speed that must be attained to play our videos back without stoppage (buffering). Your connection is either slower than that minimum, or is highly inconsistent.

Here is what I suggest... so that you can watch the videos in their entirety without interruption. When you start the video by pressing the play button, wait the 10-15+ seconds for the video to begin, then press pause. By pressing pause right after the video starts playing, the video will continue to download (you'll see this in the progress bar), and when the video is finished downloading, you can then press the play button and it will play uninterrupted. If you still have problems, give us a call. We'd be glad to help.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-09, 01:08 PM   #8
Bassboss

Thanks Kevin I love all of your videos!

btw what kind of worm was that in Texas rig video? Looks like a honker!
Old 05-08-09, 07:51 PM   #9
Grady
BassFishin.Com Member

appreciate the videos im brand new to fishing, these look like they'll help.
Grady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-09, 12:44 AM   #10
cakalaki_girl
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via Yahoo to cakalaki_girl

I love these videos. Im learing so much already! Thank you for making these.
Old 07-27-09, 04:47 PM   #11
Bassboss

Great videos kevin! I saw you have an arruis Co-matrix rod in you labeling video, how is it?
Old 07-27-09, 08:03 PM   #12
Kevin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassboss View Post
Great videos kevin! I saw you have an arruis Co-matrix rod in you labeling video, how is it?
Hi Bassboss... I have one Co-Matrix rod that I really liked... but I got a couple more after that and highly disliked them. The one I liked was a 7' cranking stick. This is MANY years ago, and in retrospect, that rod can't compete with today's cranking rods. I ended up getting a spinnerbait and drop shot spinning Co-Matrix as well and hated them.

These rods were made when AiRRUS was owned by Ken Whiting (now designer of e21 Carrot Stix). Since then, AiRRUS has been purchased and is under entirely new management. While I believe they still have the Co-Matrix line, their new production rods are very nice. I have a Copperhead Cranking Stix and believe it to be one of the very best rods I've ever fished with.

So I'd say stay away from those old Co-Matrix rods, but definitely check out the Copperhead series.
Old 07-27-09, 08:28 PM   #13
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Hi Bassboss... I have one Co-Matrix rod that I really liked... but I got a couple more after that and highly disliked them. The one I liked was a 7' cranking stick. This is MANY years ago, and in retrospect, that rod can't compete with today's cranking rods. I ended up getting a spinnerbait and drop shot spinning Co-Matrix as well and hated them.

These rods were made when AiRRUS was owned by Ken Whiting (now designer of e21 Carrot Stix). Since then, AiRRUS has been purchased and is under entirely new management. While I believe they still have the Co-Matrix line, their new production rods are very nice. I have a Copperhead Cranking Stix and believe it to be one of the very best rods I've ever fished with.

So I'd say stay away from those old Co-Matrix rods, but definitely check out the Copperhead series.
Hey thanks a lot for the info Kevin! I'll check out the copperheads for sure!

I check 'em out! 170$ is a lot! I'll have to save up a long time if I wanna get one them! Also I see you have a lot of the old citicas, have you used to new ones?
Old 07-27-09, 09:39 PM   #14
Kevin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassboss View Post
I see you have a lot of the old citicas, have you used to new ones?
I have used the new ones but do not own any of the new Citica's. They're great reels. If I could swap out my older citicas for the new models for no charge, I certainly would though! .. they're much lighter.
Old 05-18-10, 11:32 PM   #15
bassfix7
BassFishin.Com Member

hello kevin. ive just regestered today after about three days of surfing the web for general beginners bass fishing info. ive been to this site a couple of times but not for verry long though.ive had a verry hard time finding information basic enough for me to under stand so i thought the best way to go would be to settle on one sight and gleen for info. ive watched the vidios in the little beguiners list and i can tell your verry intelligent when it comes to what i percieve as a the techinical art of bass fishing. being a verry novice bass angler i apreciate that verry much. and when i say novice i mean something like ive cought my first three bass this week. ive been super stoked because i was actualy fishing for bass, using a texas rig my stepfather tought me last year( not that i knew thats what it was or what it was called when i was using it) a tequila sunrise worm and the technique i used actualy yeilded catch. its been a verry rewarding expeirience. fishing is a verry important aspect of my life. im serious when i say that without it i may verry well die or worse. i wanted to thank you for your work on this site and share with you that i admire your knowledge about this sport. i did want to ask you if you could direct me to some structured information that would suit my degree of expeirience and mabe suggest a forum or what it is that could be dirrected tward the growing beguinner. this site is plumb full of what and hows yet not somuch whys, and that has been the information that has eluded me . im not verry internet savy and this realy is my onley link to learning to excell in this sport. i find it ironic that when i hooked a bass,bass hooked me! i hope that a response this long and its location and topic were appropriate. please let me know if theres a better etiquette to be observed.
bassfix7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-11, 09:59 PM   #16
G-Man
BassFishin.Com Active Member

KEEP THEM COMIN!!!!!
They are GREAT!
G-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-11, 02:52 PM   #17
Leviathan
BassFishin.Com Member

Just used a baitcaster for the first time and the "Getting rid of backlash" video was a huge help. Thanks!
Leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-12, 05:16 PM   #18
2001kx
BassFishin.Com Member

anyone have the worldwind virtual earth plugin for download?
the one on the wiki site doesnt work.
i get this when trying to download

404 Not Found

The server can not find the requested page:
download.worldwindcentral.com/users/bull/WorldWind_1.4_VE_Plugin_1.4.exe (port 80)
Please forward this error screen to download.worldwindcentral.com's WebMaster.
2001kx is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.